Send Topic Print
guns (Read 1046 times)
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: guns
Reply #45 - 08/25/12 at 17:30:46

Serowbot wrote on 08/25/12 at 10:45:11:
Does she really expect a mugger to wait patiently while she rumages around her purse or glovebox to get out one of her guns and shoot him?...
Her best defense would be to offer them up voluntarily in exchange for her life...
False security... it's a shame this old lady has to feel so afraid...

Did you read the last sentence?  She admits to not being afraid of a "f---ing thing".  By the way, she doesn't have to remove her weapon from her purse, just get your bugger hook on the go button, point the purse toward the robber and fire!  She may not hit the perp but the muzzle flash and noise will probably cause the perp to evacuate his bowels.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #46 - 08/25/12 at 17:39:16

ya never know, she may have a concealed carry purse.  From looking at the one my Mom had, it would be very easy to draw from one of those.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 08/25/12 at 18:19:15

In a tight for time? Lay a hand on the gun, point & shoot,, who cares if its still in the purse?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #48 - 08/25/12 at 18:26:49

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/25/12 at 18:19:15:
In a tight for time? Lay a hand on the gun, point & shoot,, who cares if its still in the purse?

couldn't agree more.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #49 - 08/25/12 at 18:35:14

tizzyfit wrote on 08/25/12 at 17:30:46:
Did you read the last sentence?  She admits to not being afraid of a "f---ing thing".

She's carrying three guns,.. she's scared shitless...

It would be laughable and cute,.. if it weren't so sad...
... but, if she managed to do anything with a gun, in front of an attacker, it would be pure luck...

Guns are not a cloak of invincibility... in close quarter, even a young, strong, adult will likely get knocked cold while reaching for his gun, instead of concentrating on the attacker... you've got a hundredth of a second, spend it wisely... block or throw, but don't reach for your purse...

I think some of you guys are watching too many movies... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #50 - 08/25/12 at 19:56:53

Serowbot wrote on 08/25/12 at 18:35:14:
Did you read the last sentence?  She admits to not being afraid of a "f---ing thing".

... but, if she managed to do anything with a gun, in front of an attacker, it would be pure luck...

Guns are not a cloak of invincibility... in close quarter, even a young, strong, adult will likely get knocked cold while reaching for his gun, instead of concentrating on the attacker... you've got a hundredth of a second, spend it wisely... block or throw, but don't reach for your purse...

you've got a hundredth of a second,

I think some of you guys are watching too many movies

I think you been watching too many Bruce Lee movies.

If one isnt aware of people & able to "read" them, then yea, someone can walk right up on ya, I FEEL it when someone is movin in on me, If youre thinkin youre gonna walk up & smack me, Ill see it comin more often than not. A truly sneaky person could, but someone focused on me, with malice in their heart? Ive busted more than one & stopped an attack,, twice. Just by making them aware I was alert & aware of their intentions & would not be an easy target, Once, on a drilling rig & once in a bar. Situational awareness, practice it,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #51 - 08/25/12 at 22:02:04

Take for instance, the two most likely attacks on this poor ol' girl...
 Car-jack...  her first indication is a rapping on the window of a gun barrel... (if you think she can out draw a drawn gun, you watch too many movies)....
 Purse snatching... her first indication is a brutal tug on her purse...(she just gave the perp her money,... and her gun... now he's equipped for a car-jack... it's a step up from purse snatching)...
 Either way,.. she had zero chance to defend her property,.. and is lucky to be alive...
   Sometimes submission is the wise, and safe course... they get some cash, or wheels, and you get your life... fair trade... (and they likely get prison)...
 .. neither your purse or your car, is worth your life...
 That's the real world...
 It's not justice... but you live to fight another day...
 Stupid moves will cost your life...
 Guns aren't always the answer...

Put away your Tex Ritter cowboy suit and think realistically,... even if you're armed,... there's a point when handing over your cash, and even your gun, is the smart move...
Rambo, and John Wayne, ain't real life,...  it's as silly as Bugs Bunny...

I'm telling you seriously,... when you're sitting thinking about it, it's easy to win...  
When you're caught off guard, buying chocolate chips, eggs, carrots, and Pepsi, at the grocer... they have the jump on you...
Your mind is one place,... theirs is another...
The speed is not in your quick-draw... it's in the analysis of the situation... and the guy that went in knowing what was going down, had you beat, before you started....
That's real...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 08/26/12 at 00:00:53

Serowbot wrote on 08/25/12 at 18:35:14:

@ 91, I don't "think" she would be able to do much blocking or throwing, then again, I could be wrong. Grin
One weapon in each hand and a back-up.  Maybe it's easier for her to grab another weapon than reload one during a fire fight.  Worse case scenario, you never want to be out-gunned!  Obviously this lady subscribes to that line of thinking.  It's her life and her choice as to the number of weapons she chooses to carry, no one else.
Take a look in your toolbox, how many different screwdrivers do you have? How many motorcycles do you own, you can only ride one at a time.  A gun is simply a tool, different tool for different applications with the end result being to fix the problem at hand. Smiley

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #53 - 08/26/12 at 04:25:17

I agree Tizz and Bot, situational awareness is as necessary as having the most usable and effective tool that fits you, and being able to use it in a timely manner if the situation warrants.
It is always better to remove yourself from a potentially bad situation if you can see it coming; otherwise, you do what you need to do at the time to keep yourself safe.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 08/26/12 at 07:51:56

I know girls who walk carrying pepper spray at the ready in their hands when they're walking through the parking garage to their cars after work or whatever.
Will someone grab their purse? Maybe but they are, or think they are, prepared.
If not then everything's cool and carry about your business.
There are steps you can take to limit being caught off guard. Situational awareness is a great one. Stop for a second and look at what everyone else is doing.

--Steve

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #55 - 09/09/12 at 17:51:14

I've heard this is merely internet legend but it's a funny laugh.

--Steve

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #56 - 09/09/12 at 20:26:57

Re: fwd: Re: fwd: Re: fwd: Re: fwd: fwd: Re: fwd: Re: fwd: fwd: Re: fwd: Re: fwd: fwd: Re: fwd: Re: fwd: Re: fwd: fwd: Re: fwd: Re: fwd: Re: fwd: fwd: Re: fwd: Re: fwd: Re: fwd: Re: fwd: Re: fwd: fwd: Re: fwd: Re: fwd: ZOMG you HAVE to read this TOTALLY TRUE and SO NOT FAKE story!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #57 - 09/09/12 at 23:47:06

Paraquat wrote on 09/09/12 at 17:51:14:
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/557408_428975230478046_129039795_n...
I've heard this is merely internet legend but it's a funny laugh.

--Steve

&, as fun as this would be to believe its true, I hafta ask myself, what would have happened if he had used the phone he took from the Bad Guy & called his own phone.. Would the caller ID have given the Bad Guys name?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #58 - 09/14/12 at 04:49:22

LANCER wrote on 08/26/12 at 04:25:17:
I agree Tizz and Bot, situational awareness is as necessary as having the most usable and effective tool that fits you, and being able to use it in a timely manner if the situation warrants.
It is always better to remove yourself from a potentially bad situation if you can see it coming; otherwise, you do what you need to do at the time to keep yourself safe.

I agree.  One of the first things usually taught in self-defense gun classes is how to not even have the gunfight in the first place.  it is better to run away than to shoot it out.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #59 - 09/15/12 at 12:17:35

And if you can't avoid the gunfight, carry something that will end it quickly. On the farm I normally have 2-3 loaded guns close to hand. With it now being hunting season, and our place's tendency to draw poachers, the SA Ruger .45 with hot loads is going on the belt. Just the smoke and fury of touching off a blackpowder .45 generally does the trick, but she'll crack an engine block if need be. Back pocket has either a .44 Special S&W and/or a CZ24 .380 auto as back up. If 20 rounds won't do it...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:16:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › guns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.