Send Topic Print
guns (Read 1046 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: guns
Reply #30 - 08/19/12 at 16:41:18

The number of guns per capita says something, but the %age who carry is hard to know, & the guns / capita means what? Some guy owns 50 guns & 49 own none,, ? The stats dont say enough to really decipher whats happening, IMO.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #31 - 08/20/12 at 06:35:32

In Canada the percent who carry is very low- it's illegal to carry a concealed weapon, even a knife with a blade over a certain length is illegal to conceal, and over a certain length to carry.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #32 - 08/20/12 at 06:50:21

On TV the other night, 10.osmething million firearms sold in the US this past year.  The longr the recession/depression..the better the weapons guys do.    I cannot imagine carrying on a motorcycle, unless I worked and thus commuted in a really evil part of town.  This gal on tv was noting the armed attack in the movie theatre..my heavens, can you picture 100 nervous nellies opening fire towards a body armoured whacko..probably  would have ended up with 100 dead...and the whacko would have still ambled out.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #33 - 08/20/12 at 06:53:48

And I really believe a farmer has the right to protect his crops and a rancher his livestock...with firearms if that's the best way to accomplish the task. Wink

As far as bearing arms or baring breasts, hmmmm Embarrassed   What about all them 70 yr old men...uuugh Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #34 - 08/20/12 at 07:35:51

Trippah wrote on 08/20/12 at 06:50:21:
On TV the other night, 10.osmething million firearms sold in the US this past year.  The longr the recession/depression..the better the weapons guys do.    I cannot imagine carrying on a motorcycle, unless I worked and thus commuted in a really evil part of town.  This gal on tv was noting the armed attack in the movie theatre..my heavens, can you picture 100 nervous nellies opening fire towards a body armoured whacko..probably  would have ended up with 100 dead...and the whacko would have still ambled out.

Just having a gun doesnt mean youre gonna shoot it. If you cant make out the target & there are "innocents" around, ya dont. BUt, how many UNarmed people are standing up while someones shooting? Would you be up or down, between the seats, hoping to not be seen?
What was the shooter doing? Walking from unarmed victim to unarmed victim,, & wearing armor doesnt mean it dont HURT to get shot,,, you lay 4 or 5 close range rounds on someone & theyre gonna be hurtin pretty bad,, & was this guy a rough tough fighter type of guy? Nope,, hardest thing hed ever done was push a pencil.,,.a coupla shots to the ribs & Ill bet he woulda been rolling around crying,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 08/20/12 at 19:29:40

Even with a vest a single round can leave a softball sized black and blue welt. The bullet proof vest absorbs the impact and disperses the energy, it doesn't make bullets bounce off of you. My hydroshock +P 9mm are 1496 feet per second. That's a lotta FPS to absorb.

--Steve

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #36 - 08/20/12 at 20:11:53

Body armor isn't worth squat here, you can buy mil-spec armor piercing rounds at most gun shops. Apparently it is still legal here... for that matter, you can still buy teflon coated pistol rounds...you know, cop killers...

If you meet a few select criteria. Which I do.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
RandomHero
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 08/20/12 at 21:36:53

bill67 wrote on 08/17/12 at 09:21:28:
I've away felt safe without carrying a gun.

cool. you may go your entire life without ever even feeling the need for a gun.

or one day you may decide to go watch that new batman movie on opening night...

you have a spare tire for your car, just in case. you have insurance, just in case. fire extinguisher in the house, just in case. you get the idea

IP Logged
RandomHero
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 08/20/12 at 21:38:03

"when seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 08/21/12 at 06:35:11

Local response time here is 15+ minutes.

--Steve

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #40 - 08/21/12 at 06:39:18

They don't respond here until someone is dead. Confusion over jurisdiction where I live, since it is on the county line. Affects a lot of homeowners here.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #41 - 08/22/12 at 15:56:51

Ed L. pretty much summed up why I own guns too. Yeah, I feel safe pretty much everywhere I go, but does that stop me from owning guns? Heck no! Cheesy I think they are a wonderful piece of engineering and machining (usually), and I really enjoy target shooting. I always look at it as a relaxing thing. Some people meditate, I like to shoot; they both involve concentration to be done correctly and safely.

I also grew up in rural Nebraska, in a financially strapped family, so we hunted a lot of our meat too, whether it be deer or rabbits, or whatever.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #42 - 08/22/12 at 17:30:07

*Internet legend.

--Steve

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 08/25/12 at 09:47:19

Looks like I can't hot link from the first site.

And then this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGGkDitj8_U&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I laughed at how many were true.

--Steve

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #44 - 08/25/12 at 10:45:11

Does she really expect a mugger to wait patiently while she rumages around her purse or glovebox to get out one of her guns and shoot him?...
Her best defense would be to offer them up voluntarily in exchange for her life...
False security... it's a shame this old lady has to feel so afraid...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:24:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › guns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.