Send Topic Print
guns (Read 1046 times)
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Re: guns
Reply #15 - 08/17/12 at 18:53:34

Remember when the NRA was a sportsman association, and not a gun rights association?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #16 - 08/18/12 at 04:43:02

SALB wrote on 08/17/12 at 18:53:34:
Remember when the NRA was a sportsman association, and not a gun rights association?

I don't remember that, but perhaps it was before I became a member.
Regardless, when public servants begin to think they are public CONTROLLERS then it becomes necessary to adjust the way a group responds to heavy handed and unconstitutional actions.

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #17 - 08/18/12 at 05:00:05

...Or maybe when people think that the only way they can get a message across is to post everything in large off-colored letters.

Bold, 18, Blue - if anyone else was interested.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #18 - 08/18/12 at 07:57:36

Thats the only way you can tell somebody is important.Not by what they say.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
MarcosS40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

N. Central PA.
Reply #19 - 08/18/12 at 12:51:40

bill67 wrote on 08/18/12 at 07:57:36:

Juuust Wondering?  Is your space key broken Bill?  You seem to do that a lot.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged
MarcosS40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

N. Central PA.
Reply #20 - 08/18/12 at 12:54:36

MarcosS40 wrote on 08/18/12 at 12:51:40:

Juuust Wondering?  Is your space key broken Bill?  You seem to do that a lot.    Roll Eyes

Sorry for that last frivolous post. Had a post count of 13 and I had to bump it one. I guess I'm superstitious.  Happy Riding!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 08/18/12 at 13:00:57

MarcosS40 wrote on 08/18/12 at 12:54:36:
Sorry for that last frivolous post. Had a post count of 13 and I had to bump it one. I guess I'm superstitious.  Happy Riding!

Whew!... glad you cleared that hurdle!... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #22 - 08/18/12 at 13:37:26

MarcosS40 wrote on 08/18/12 at 12:51:40:

Juuust don't know about that key.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #23 - 08/18/12 at 13:55:10

Oh I want a space key so I can get a little spaced while riding.  Wink I don't carry while out riding, there is no place to lock it up. When I do carry it is in my front pants pocket which just would not work while on a bike. I admire the precision in guns, they are put together beautifully which is why I have a small collection of them for target shooting.
 If all he11 breaks loose I don't think guns will really help that much, I'm planning to set up my bee hives along the edge of my property with trip wires to knock them over if attacked. Grin

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
mojohand40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 08/18/12 at 17:22:30

I think what originally started this discussion was does anyone on a bike use an ankle holster (another thread). Like I said earlier, I seldom carry. (I do have a permit) But when I do I carry, I use a leather pocket holster in a front pants pocket. There are many of these available for small pistols, check gun shops, or shows or online. I have one for my S@W snubby. You can get some very well made holsters of this design. Not noticable unless someone is really looking for it, and you get used to the weight and feel pretty quick and hardly know it's there.
Other times I carry my little 380 semi-auto in a side belt pouch designed to look like a cell phone holder. (again shop around).  I prefer my revolver, but the 380 is lighter and easier to conceal at times. Personally, I see little if any, practical value in an ankle holster. Too hard to draw from it, etc. (especially, say;  in close quarters).
I almost NEVER, ever carry on a bike, as most times I know where I'm going etc. and if I feel that I'm going to be in a situation (i.e. night time, high crime area, transferring cash, etc.) I'm taking my car, not a bike.
Anyway, that's what I do.

IP Logged
Steampowered Boy
YaBB Newbies

Deny me and be
Doomed!!

Glendale, CA
Reply #25 - 08/18/12 at 17:32:09

I don't think I'd want to carry on a bike; I've dropped various things that I thought were secure and I'd really not like to explain that one.

How other people treat you is their dharma; how you react is yours.
zombiematic digtldecay   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #26 - 08/18/12 at 19:48:23

I always carry.  Always.  (except when wearing something with no pockets or not wearing anything)

I live in a town and neighborhood statistically safer than the average US town,.. but in the past few years, there have been a couple armed break-ins, carjackings, and other assaults within ten miles or so of me.  I realize that is only several incidents in a few years, not all that many, statistically.  The victims would probably rather have been able to do something about it, though.  I refuse to be a victim, and my chances of making that refusal come true go up if I am carrying.

I know the Sheriff's secretary, and she relates they don't report (or keep records) of all the times a gun is used successfully for self-defense, and usually those successes do not involve shooting the gun.

I like what Heinlein said, "An armed society is a polite society."

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
dinsdale

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #27 - 08/19/12 at 12:40:21

2 million defensive uses of a firearm a year. Most don't involve pulling the trigger.

It's 60,000 in Canada.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #28 - 08/19/12 at 13:50:36

dinsdale wrote on 08/19/12 at 12:40:21:
2 million defensive uses of a firearm a year. Most don't involve pulling the trigger.

It's 60,000 in Canada.

That actually seems about on par, since Canada has aprx. 1/10 the population of the U.S. and considerably less densly populated areas.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #29 - 08/19/12 at 15:48:43

[quote author=7942485E63425E482D0 link=1345220488/15#28 date=1345409436]dinsdale wrote on 08/19/12 at 12:40:21:

It's 60,000 in Canada.

[/q
That actually seems about on par, since Canada has aprx. 1/10 the population of the U.S. and considerably less densly populated areas.

60,000 is 3% 0f 2,000,000, not even close to 10%.
If you factor in that Americans have 2.8 times the number of privately owned guns per capita than Canada, the comparison makes sense.
Note: my statistics are for all fire arms. If you talk about handguns, it's a whole different ball game.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:22:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › guns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.