Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seat Removal question..... (Read 44 times)
Blue04Savage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Seat Removal question.....
08/16/12 at 23:04:42

Hello all,
I was just wondering how easy it is to remove the front seat on a savage?  I want to put some spacers in to lift the front of the seat, and from what I can see there are two bolts in front, and then one on each side that you would have to undo to remove the seat.  Is this correct?  Is there anything connected to the seat that needs to be undone?  Or anything i'm missing here?

Thanks.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Seat Removal question.....
Reply #1 - 08/16/12 at 23:12:50

If you have the 2 piece seat then it's just 2 bolts one on either side and then it will lift up from the rear and slightly slide to the rear of the bike and it will come right off.

1 piece seat also has a 3rd bolt on the rear seat area that secures it to the fender.  Other then that it comes off the same way.

The Front 2 bolts I think you are referring to are the Tank bolts that also hold the tab that the front of the seat slots into.

If you head on over to the Tech section then look in the index thread you should easily find links on how-to's for doing the seat lift mod.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 06:27:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Seat Removal question.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.