Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Anyone ride with an ankle holster? (Read 532 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Anyone ride with an ankle holster?
Reply #30 - 08/16/12 at 21:16:40

Cavi Mike wrote on 08/16/12 at 20:37:11:
How many of you have been mugged and managed to draw your side-arm and fire it before the mugger put three in your chest?

This guy. I didn't fire though. Just created a buffer to excuse myself from the area. It's a long story that I've tried to type out three times now. I don't care to reminisce.
There was more than the one guy!

EDIT: I can't just leave it at being mugged either. Harm was implied, harm was inflicted upon my person before I acted. I was distracted and didn't see one of them behind me.

--Steve

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #31 - 08/16/12 at 21:59:07

SALB wrote on 08/16/12 at 20:52:36:
Ya, my dads neighbor just shot a coyote that was casing a newborn calf a couple of weeks ago.

On his or his friends property. Has nothing to do with being out in public.

So far Steve(Paraquat) has a legitimate story of being there. Anyone else?

There are always the stories of "Yeah, it happened to me" but there are also stories of how people got struck with lightning. A few even survive -  like this guy:

Does anyone here wear one of these if they leave the house during an electrical storm?

My bet is no.

Guns are cool, protection is not. The gun is for your ego.

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #32 - 08/16/12 at 22:19:40

I think your missing my point.  I'm not referring to using guns on fellow human beings, although that's always a possibility.  I'm referring to carrying a weapon to defend property and self from wild animals, and to occasionally kill for food.  You also have to understand that two thirds of the state is public land.  It has nothing to do with ego, but it does fit the persona of the "Wild West". Wink  Personally,  I'd like to spend some time in the Alaska outback. Smiley

I do understand where you're coming from, many people carry guns for their ego.  They also ride Harleys, drive huge pickup truck, or expensive cars for the same reason.  Heck, I ride a savage for my ego! Grin

One last thing, most "duels" happened among civilized gentlemen on the east coast, not among the pioneers.

IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #33 - 08/17/12 at 00:12:28

What!!! Cruizin strapped hey? thats un-heard of here in canada
Oh America how I love thee, Land of the free!!!

IP Logged
RandomHero
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 08/17/12 at 01:14:44

spacepirates wrote on 08/16/12 at 08:16:06:
This might be my inexperience with guns showing, but if you think there is enough heat to cause issues with leather/rubber grips, I'd be concerned about there being enough heat to cause a round to go off on its own.

wont happen. theres a whhole bunch of science and stuff as to why it wont, but the easiest way to put it is that the US military has thousands and thousands and thousands of rounds in the hot ass desert of Iraq/Afghanistan baking in the sun and in APCs and whatnot. if rounds just went off from a little heat, we would have alot more wounded soldiers.

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #35 - 08/17/12 at 02:33:58

Carrying concealed has nothing to do with ego, at least for most.
It has more to do with peace of mind. To think otherwise is Foolish.
And if you think carrying is for home defense only and that YOU have the upper hand in that situation...your sadly mistaken!
If you had the upper hand you wouldn't NEED a firearm!

Its more about being able to protect yourself and/or your loved ones.
Prevent a murder? Mugging? Rape? Store robbery? Happens all the time, more then you EVER hear about.
Most times its without ever having to fire a shot. So its not a big news item so it gets no air time.
And statistics show it happens a LOT more then whats reported on paper.

There was a study done several years back. Habitual criminals in prison were asked about how they planned their rapes, robberies of homes and stores.
They avoided known homes and neighborhoods where firearms ownership was known or thought to be high.
They were more concerned about being shot by home owners or store owners then they were about the cops.

And one major reason concealed carry is even more common now days is all the shootings/robberies around the country.
And if you check the VAST MAJORITY of those shooters don't and have never had a license to carry concealed.
Many can't even legally own a weapon.
Its not the legal firearms owners that's the problem and you should worry about. Its the illegal firearms carriers.
Its also a fact in a bad situation your more likely to receive help/be saved by someone carrying concealed legally then from the Law.
He!!, the law will tell you their not there to prevent crime. Their there to primarily clean up afterwards and catch the perps. After the fact!

You don't want to carry then don't.
To most carrying concealed is like carrying a condom.
Its better to have it and NOT need it then NEED it and not have it.

Its sad really. That some folks are so against a man/woman being able and capable of taking care of themselves.
Their so stuck that they think the ONLY way you should be able to take care of themselves is by calling 911 and the cops.
That can get you killed.
Their worried so much about the legal firearms owners they don't think about all the illegal firearms owners/crooks. The ones they should be worried about.
Concealed carry legally just levels the playing field and gives an honest man a chance.
A firearm is a Tool, Nothing more. Like a hammer or knife.
On THAT note YOUR MUCH more likely to be killed or injured by a hammer or a knife then a firearm. Think about that!

This is an argument thats went on for many many years, since man became 'civilized'.
Its only in the last 30 or 40 years that carrying has become 'out of the ordinary.' Before that it was pretty common(still is in some states and more rural areas), no one ever thought much about it and no one had a license for it. Newspaper sensationalism has played a large part in that.
Blowing some things waayyy out of proportion.
Owned firearms all my life. Shot competition for many years and was an instructor for the state for 15 years.
Same old..shall we say foolish arguments... from anti gunners year after year.

You wanna be a sheep, be a sheep. Me? I like being a Wolf and i DON'T and WON'T rely on someone else to protect me or mine.
You don't want to carry, im fine with that. I wont make you.
But don't complain and/or belittle me(others) if i do carry. Or try to prevent me from legally doing it. Its simply an individual choice.
To d@mn many people now days trying to tell everybody else what they can and can't or shouldn't do.
Id rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
And NO argument is ever going to convince me differently.

You'd be better of worrying about what kind of non slip pads to put in the bathtub/shower then whos carrying when where or why.
Your about 10 times more likely to die from slipping in the bathtub then getting shot(look it up). Let alone by someone with a concealed carry license.
Some of us would just rather be able to take care of ourselves then HOPE someone else is around to do it for us.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #36 - 08/17/12 at 05:16:34

+1 to Wolfman, it's not about ego for me if it was I'd be riding a Harley (which I can afford) and showing everyone my piece (which I don't let anyone I meet know I'm carrying).

It's about my right to bear arms and in the most unlikely situation being prepaired for the worse that I can be easily prepaired for.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #37 - 08/17/12 at 05:21:38

Well said Wolfman! I feel the same way.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Epeck

Yes it's a suzuki.
No you cant have it
harley owne

Jacksonville Florida
Reply #38 - 08/17/12 at 05:59:39

Well Wolfman just completed my argument.
9/10 times all you have to do is let the criminal see your weapon and they will cease to engage you.
An even better weapon is a camera. Point and click. when their eyes recover from the flash your handgun is by your side.
Thats what my dad does all the time working security at night at his marina.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #39 - 08/17/12 at 07:10:04

Do you guys shoot while your still rolling or stop first.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #40 - 08/17/12 at 08:10:51

bill67 wrote on 08/17/12 at 07:10:04:
Do you guys shoot while your still rolling or stop first.

Years ago, the popo had left hand throttle so they could shoot and ride. That needs to make a comeback.  Smiley

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 08/17/12 at 08:30:46

[highlight]Cavi Mike quote.

So far Steve(Paraquat) has a legitimate story of being there. Anyone else?

Guns are cool, protection is not. The gun is for your ego. [/quote]
[/highlight]

You claim guns are an ego thing, yet you are calling out everyone who has the misfortune of responding to a situation using deadly force.  Has the thought ever occurred to you that perhaps a public discussion of the circumstances are better left alone?
Case in point, ANYONE who has ever served in the Armed Forces, in a battle zone, knows exactly what happened but, for 95% of us, those events are better left where they happened and not aired in a forum like this.
Owning, carrying and using a weapon is very serious business and has nothing to do with ego and everything to do with personal safety.  This is America, you are free to choose not to carry, and I respect your decision.  Please afford those of us who carry LEGALLY the same degree of respect.

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #42 - 08/17/12 at 08:55:50

I think Greg has gotten all the technical info he's going to get, regarding the ankle holster.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 08:22:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Anyone ride with an ankle holster?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.