Send Topic Print
Paint 2008 - Red ?? (Read 95 times)
iceracer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Paint 2008 - Red ??
08/16/12 at 03:28:08

I just bought a 2008 Savage. It is pearl red and has a damaged gas tank. Is there anyplace I can get paint that will match. I am in Canada - a new tank is $530. The body shop found a supplier with a paint match but it is $400 for a 1 pint kit (3 colors).

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Paint 2008 - Red ??
Reply #1 - 08/16/12 at 05:09:01

Colorite is the only place that I have seen advertised as supplying matching factory colors.  Their price is $ 86.95 for 1/2 pint of base, $ 86.95 for 1/2 pint of color, and $ 39.95 for a pint of clear....$ 213.85 plus shipping.
http://www.colorrite.com/index.cfm?killnav=1

You might be able to find the colors at a good paint supplier for the automotive body shop industry......I am not sure.  The local one here is very good at matching solid colors - it is much tougher with pearls, candies and metallics.

You could watch ebay for a tank to come up in the correct color....or maybe it is time for you to get a custom paint scheme done.  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 08/24/12 at 05:34:08

Not sure if the OP is still looking at this thread......but I had a thought.

Is it possible to leave the orignal paint on the undamaged areas.....and just repair the tank and use a contrasting paint on the damaged area?  You could paint the damaged area silver, whiite, pearl, black.....etc. and make a two tone tank.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Johnny57

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minneapolis
Reply #3 - 08/24/12 at 08:34:11

Only a real expert is going to give you a perfect match.  No body puts the colors in a can.  My friend does mine but he is a Sherwin Williams rep and teaches body shops how to mix their paints.  They are all a mixture of many different things thus the cost.  Wrapping with 3M tape and things like it has become popular.  I always wanted to try it.  There are some pretty good Youtube videos on how to do it.  You might want to consider something like that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 06:40:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Paint 2008 - Red ??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.