Send Topic Print
Just watched Top Gear (Read 169 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Just watched Top Gear
08/14/12 at 19:38:50

I know entertainment is totally subjective, but the season opener of Top Gear was good. As usual Rut got sick, but it was good! And funny. The title was Police Cars if you look it up online. The Ford, Chevy, or Dodge that is taking place of the Crown Vic plus a motorcycle Corvette chase scene.  Smiley  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Re: Just watched Top Gear
Reply #1 - 08/15/12 at 05:23:34

Oh darn, that was this Sunday?  I forgot.  I was flipping between the Roast of Rosanne and the closing ceremonies.  Undecided

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #2 - 08/15/12 at 05:24:07

Darn...lol.  Gotta love auto-correct.  Grin

IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #3 - 08/15/12 at 11:27:42

Top Gear US is on Tuesday nights at 9 Eastern on the History channel.  Where did you get Sunday?

It was pretty good.  I think they should just let the 3 idiots be idiotic and then then the show works best.  None of them seem to have a talent for interviewing guest like Clarkson does on the BBC one.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #4 - 08/16/12 at 09:51:59

You're right.  First season it was on Sunday night.  Second season it switched to Tuesday.

So Tuesday...I was doing nothing.  Undecided

IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #5 - 08/16/12 at 09:52:56

Badass94Cad wrote on 08/16/12 at 09:51:59:
You're right.  First season it was on Sunday night.  Second season it switched to Tuesday.

So Tuesday...I was doing nothing.  Undecided

IDK how I missed it.  I could swear I was watching Pawn Stars on History on Tuesday.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 08/16/12 at 11:40:07

The US version of top gear only looks good if you didn't see a single episode of the BBC one.
Sorry, the original has the advantage of being teh yardstick.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #7 - 08/16/12 at 19:44:00

Unfortunately you're right but even the BBC one is getting a bit old. You know it's been 10 years already since the reformat? Time for another if you ask me...

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/17/12 at 16:32:23

I like the US version of Top Gear, I wish they'd do more car testing though and less of the challenge stuff, the UK show is okay, but some of the Anti-American stuff gets grating a bit for me

the US version is a bit tame though, they need some horsepower to spice it up a bit

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #9 - 08/17/12 at 17:12:14

srinath wrote on 08/16/12 at 11:40:07:
The US version of top gear only looks good if you didn't see a single episode of the BBC one.
Sorry, the original has the advantage of being teh yardstick.
Cool.
Srinath.

Apparently my bro-in-law watches the British one in Nashville. He just uses rabbit ears, so don't know where it comes from?--Britain?

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #10 - 08/18/12 at 04:26:26

BBC America. Those episodes are pretty old though, like from 2002-2005. Ask him if he's seen black Stig, he only existed in the first couple years of the new format.

The anti-America stuff can be a bit aggravating but that's only because you clearly never noticed just how often we do the same thing to other countries/cultures. It's also all in jest, they actually love a LOT of the stuff we do and are about as people. Pay closer attention and you'll notice they hate their own Big-Brother country a lot more than pretty much anything.

*edit* Oh, and I know that they don't hate America because I've seen plenty of Clarkson and May's other shows where they have praised what we do. If you're good with the internet, find "Jeremy Clarkson's Motorworld" or "James May's Man Lab." Plenty of times throughout those shows they praise how we stick our middle-finger up at the world and do our own thing.

IP Logged
FerventPiranha
YaBB Newbies

I love my S40!

Reisterstown, Maryland
Reply #11 - 08/23/12 at 08:32:50

I had to chime in, as Top Gear is probably one of my favorite shows of all time. Netflix for a while had the entire UK show from Series 1 Episode 1 to a series short of the current one available for streaming, and I watched them all twice Grin Alas I don't think they have the comprehensive set any more. Every time I see Top Gear on TV, and don't notice it's not BBC America, I flip over to it, and get disaponted. The US version just feels like a cheap knock-off, and the hosts lack the charisma and character of the UK version.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:38:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › Just watched Top Gear

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.