Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Good CV Carb explanation (Read 51 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Good CV Carb explanation
08/14/12 at 09:58:23

Here is a good explanation on the operation and jetting of the CV carb.  It was written for scooters - but does apply to our bikes.  Our carb has the "idle fuel jet" - so turning the screw out makes the mixture richer. (The idle air jet description does not apply to our bikes).
http://www.battlescooter.com/1.html

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: Good CV Carb explanation
Reply #1 - 08/14/12 at 11:26:39

I think there is an error in the fourth paragraph. CV slide position is NOT controlled by engine vacuum. If it were, the slide would be fully open when the butterfly is closed and engine vacuum is highest. CV stands for Constant Velocity, and the slide position is controlled by vacuum created by the velocity of the air passing through the venturi.

One very good point was that the position of the throttle slide is not directly related to the position of the throttle butterfly. It can, and does, change even though the driver holds the throttle control in a constant spot.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Good CV Carb explanation
Reply #2 - 08/14/12 at 11:38:59

Charon wrote on 08/14/12 at 11:26:39:
I think there is an error in the fourth paragraph. CV slide position is NOT controlled by engine vacuum. If it were, the slide would be fully open when the butterfly is closed and engine vacuum is highest. CV stands for Constant Velocity, and the slide position is controlled by vacuum created by the velocity of the air passing through the venturi.

One very good point was that the position of the throttle slide is not directly related to the position of the throttle butterfly. It can, and does, change even though the driver holds the throttle control in a constant spot.

I agree......the slide positon is controlled by the engine vacuum in the venturi area.......not the vacuum on the engine side of the throttle plate.  The vacuum is created by the engine - but this may be a bit confusing as it is written. There is a link at the bottom where you can comment.....I will read it again when I have time and see if it merits sending a comment.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:34:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Good CV Carb explanation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.