Send Topic Print
oil leak-right side (Read 64 times)
lostcause
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

oil leak-right side
08/14/12 at 09:29:11

JEEEZ! OK, I put a Verslagen in the girlfriends bike. No problem there. put the clutch cover back on, used Hondabond only,no gasket. Had an oil leak around the wire grommet on the bottom of the case. Took it apart and put in a Suzuki gasket. Had a small oil leak on the rear side of the case. Took it apart and used a gasket and sealer. Now leaks oil on the top of the case.Arrgh! Do these motors have a crank vent? Anybody have a similar situation? Of course I prepped the surfaces, and I didn't tear or fold the gasket. This is just weird.Thanks guys.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: oil leak-right side
Reply #1 - 08/14/12 at 09:42:53

It's not a common problem... just a bit of bad luck...
Usually seals up good... I did mine with a torn gasket, and just smoothed the area with a little Hondabond...

Crank vent comes off the top right of the head and goes into the air-box...

Best luck... don't get too down about it,.. the bad luck gremlin strikes us all, once in a while...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/14/12 at 16:48:36

I would drain the oil, get a new gasket, clean everything up & start over, before you wind up goopin an oil passage closed & wreck a motor. Just put sealer on one side, let it set up some, grease the other side & put it on. It requires getting the bolts tight, which requires a FEEL for when they get tight, because a 1/4 turn more than it needs is more than it will take. Its okay if it seeps a bit when it goes together, you can snug them more, you cant Un strip one,, Or, use sealer on both sides, safer, but causes gasket scraping later,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #3 - 08/14/12 at 18:55:23

It took me four new gaskets once when I put the nodded plunger in. I tried my darndesd to to it right and clean. No damage to the surfaces visible and every time it started leaking on top between the front of the cylinder and the oil filler. There is even additional sealant from the factory. In that area applied to the gasket, but I had to put a little more red hi-temp sealant around the furthermost bolt there to make it stop.
Every time after the first highway run it started again. I about lost it and had a BFH in my hand with my teeth grinding...
I have no idea what the issue is. I wondered about the crankcase ventilation myself and checked everything and the tube from the cylinder Head was huffing and puffing freely when I checked.
Maybe my bike just has really high crankcase pressure for some reason.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:27:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › oil leak-right side

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.