Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Toyota not what it used to be ! (Read 109 times)
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Toyota not what it used to be !
08/14/12 at 01:51:50

So I bought a Toyota HI-LUX in 2007, think its the 4runner in the US ! Now the power steering has quit on me :/ At the time I bougt the car Toyota had a slogan here in Denmark.... translates something like "Toyota 112% allright"
I have contacted Toyota Denmark, and they think it ok, and wont do anything about it ! So now im hanging on a bill thats like 15.000 kr.. something like 2500$ maan im not impressed !
Maby the only thing about a toyota thats 112% its the prize !

Sorry, just had to get some air, im realy not happy right now !

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Toyota not what it used to be !
Reply #1 - 08/14/12 at 04:36:31

DangMan wrote on 08/14/12 at 01:51:50:
So I bought a Toyota HI-LUX in 2007, think its the 4runner in the US ! Now the power steering has quit on me :/ At the time I bougt the car Toyota had a slogan here in Denmark.... translates something like "Toyota 112% allright"
I have contacted Toyota Denmark, and they think it ok, and wont do anything about it ! So now im hanging on a bill thats like 15.000 kr.. something like 2500$ maan im not impressed !

Bummer man.
Why don't you contact Toyota headquaters in Japan ?
It is worth trying.  You may get some satisfaction from them.

IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #2 - 08/14/12 at 05:00:24

LANCER wrote on 08/14/12 at 04:36:31:
DangMan wrote on 08/14/12 at 01:51:50:

Bummer man.
Why don't you contact Toyota headquaters in Japan ?
It is worth trying.  You may get some satisfaction from them.

Worth a try Tongue

WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 08/14/12 at 10:03:59

Let me see if I understand you correctly: The dealer said it was "ok" ....so they didn't think anything was wrong with it? If so take it to another dealer. I bought an '89 Four runner new and it developed a hesitation when shifting. The dealer I bought it from acknowledged the problem but could not find anything wrong. I took it to another dealer, who put another computer in it and it solved the problem. The computer was defective and did not give a bad code. All it took was a service person willing to look beyond his analyzer.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #4 - 08/18/12 at 11:09:29

arteacher wrote on 08/14/12 at 10:03:59:
Let me see if I understand you correctly: The dealer said it was "ok" ....so they didn't think anything was wrong with it? If so take it to another dealer. I bought an '89 Four runner new and it developed a hesitation when shifting. The dealer I bought it from acknowledged the problem but could not find anything wrong. I took it to another dealer, who put another computer in it and it solved the problem. The computer was defective and did not give a bad code. All it took was a service person willing to look beyond his analyzer.

Thought you want to see a pic of the part thats bad.

The dealer ment that it was ok for a vital component to fail after that short time ! And left me hanging with the bill. I have contactet the toyota deler where I bought the car and Toyota Denmark, none of them would help me.
Its realy nice that u were lucky enugh to find a person that could help you Smiley

I cant seem to find a mail to Toyota HQ in japan !

tandstang.jpg
WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #5 - 08/18/12 at 14:15:46

If you bought it in 2007 is it a 2006 model year? I feel sorry for your situation, but it is unlikely that Toyota will except any official responsibility for it. Ask the dealer if he will be willing to discount parts in the future. They have done this for me.
BTW Toyota has what they call "silent" recalls. How they work is: Toyota has a lot of complaints with something that is not a critical component.(for example cosmetic). They sent a notification to dealers to watch out for this problem, and when you take it in for regular service, they fix the problem.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 17:25:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › Toyota not what it used to be !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.