arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Need starter motor!!!
Reply #15 - 08/14/12 at 07:06:58

Boofer wrote on 08/13/12 at 20:33:01:
Artteacher, sometimes mechanics don't turn rotors because they are beyond the safe limits to fight heat and prevent warping. But I agree, some folks are just part changers, whether for profit or just laziness.

This is a good time to ask. Has anybody here ever had a starter rebuilt? Guys around here rebuild starters and alternators all the time. I just got a 140 amp alternator for a Mazda B3000 for $97 with a year guarantee. I upgraded from the 95 amp alt at a shop about 20 miles away. I remember going there with my dad about 40 yrs ago. Family business. If the idiot mechanic hadn't thrown pantinosm's away maybe it could be rebuilt?

I checked the thickness, and the rotors could have been turned with room to spare, and in fact were. And yes we rebuild starters and alternators around here all the time too. I have rebuilt a starter myself, installing new bearings and brushes.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 04:40:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need starter motor!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.