Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bike Lift (Read 124 times)
TROX

More ideas than $$$

Temple, TX
Bike Lift
08/10/12 at 08:42:22

Has anyone ever used a   Ai1 "All in One" Motorcycle Stand ?  If so, does it work pretty good. Does anyone else have any recommendations on a good inexpensive bike lift ?

IP Logged
Africord
Ex Member

Re: Bike Lift
Reply #1 - 08/10/12 at 10:28:44

For maintenance or storage?  The Savage/S40 is light enough that this would work fine for storage, but I wouldn't want to be wrenching on the bike while it is on this.  I don't use a lift currently, but I would lean towards something more substantial, and unfortunately, more expensive.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 08/10/12 at 10:38:23

Make one... it cost me nothing,... works better than my buddies store bought lift...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
TROX

More ideas than $$$

Temple, TX
Reply #3 - 08/10/12 at 10:48:46

VERY NICE Serowbot, and I like the price on that one. Is that just a metal pole with a bike grip or is a handle off something ?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 08/10/12 at 11:24:29

Yup, it's just an old grip stuck on, I think a part of an old shower curtain rod.. Grin....  the wooden foot, is removable, and it turns out, not to be necessary... it's plenty sturdy without it..
...here's some "how to" ideas from the Tech Section...

It's really easy to make one,.. and they're very sturdy and simple to use...
Wink...

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1100379341

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 08/10/12 at 21:30:24

Costs nothing...except for the wood, the nails, the ratchet-straps, the carpet and a saw to make it. And what are those metal posts from?

Just because you had all of the tools and the materials laying around doesn't make it free.

Me personally? I use 3 Harbor-Freight jack-stands to put my bike in the air. Since the Savage is ridiculously light, I have no problem propping it up on them. I start by leaning the bike to one side and putting a jack-stand underneath the peg. Then I lean it onto the peg and pull the front wheel off the ground and stick another stand under the other peg. This is the hardest part because the jack-stand may want to tip over as well. The 3rd stand goes under the muffler bracket.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:25:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike Lift

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.