Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone in the Austin area that knows of.... (Read 53 times)
TS
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cedar Park, TX
Anyone in the Austin area that knows of....
08/07/12 at 07:50:24

Is there anyone in the Austin TX area that either knows of a good (and reasonably priced) mechanic or IS a good and reasonably priced mechanic???? I think I have reached my limit on mechanical ability on repair of my Savage. I think I need to call in someone who really knows what they are doing, but have a limited budget (that's why I've been doing all of the work so far on my own) Cheesy I really want to get her back on the road!

So far I have changed the oil and filter, changed (replaced) the muffler, replaced the carb and petcock, put in a new spark plug, cleaned the air filter, replaced the gas line, installed an inline gas filter.....My "97 savage only has 7675 miles on her, but she sat for about 5 years in the garage without running  :'(

Thanks in advance for info on a mechanic in Austin. (Cedar Park to be exact).

BTW...you guys rock on this forum.  Cool

'97 'lello Savage, stock
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Anyone in the Austin area that knows of....
Reply #1 - 08/07/12 at 09:26:48

What do you know about the carb you put on?

Are you sure its the right one?

What jets are in it?

Do you need the choke to start it?

Have ya looked at the air filter?

The more specifics you can share, the better the odds some here can get ya headed right.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
TS
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cedar Park, TX
Re: Anyone in the Austin area that knows of....
Reply #2 - 08/07/12 at 09:36:52

Hey Justin,
Thanks for the reply. I bought the carb off of Ebay and it came off of a '97 Savage. I don't know about the jets and yes I need to use the choke to start it just as I did with the original one that was on the bike. I have looked at the air filter but have not replaced it.  

Really, with this post, I was hoping for a "point in the right direction" to someone here in the Austin/Cedar Park area that is familiar with and works on Savages and that is reasonably priced.

Thanks again for the quick response and hopefully I can get her back on the road soon!
TS

'97 'lello Savage, stock
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 09:17:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Anyone in the Austin area that knows of....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.