Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Yeah. Bleeping turn signals again. (Read 253 times)
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: Yeah. Bleeping turn signals again.
Reply #15 - 08/06/12 at 07:10:32

Cavi Mike wrote on 08/06/12 at 06:15:31:
I could have sworn I already answered this question but all you need to do is wire a piezo beeper across the terminals of the blinker relay. It will beep opposite the signal but it will beep nonetheless.

I can't believe a job so simple, but its like the guyz are deaf dumb or blind,....maybe all 3 !

Charon said it
Cavienike said it
I not only read it, and said it,  I did it !!

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #16 - 08/06/12 at 08:56:10

Routy wrote on 08/06/12 at 07:10:32:
I could have sworn I already answered this question but all you need to do is wire a piezo beeper across the terminals of the blinker relay. It will beep opposite the signal but it will beep nonetheless.

I can't believe a job so simple, but its like the guyz are deaf dumb or blind,....maybe all 3 !

Charon said it
Cavienike said it

Feel my pain, guys.....I've owned 3 of these, been a mechanic all my life, & people will listen to a kid behind the parts counter before me.

Being an ASE certified master auto tech since 1985 means I know absolutely nothing, huh? Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 08/06/12 at 09:21:52

RidgeRunner13 wrote on 08/06/12 at 08:56:10:
Routy wrote on 08/06/12 at 07:10:32:

Charon said it
Cavienike said it

Feel my pain, guys.....I've owned 3 of these, been a mechanic all my life, & people will listen to a kid behind the parts counter before me.

Being an ASE certified master auto tech since 1985 means I know absolutely nothing, huh? Cool

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sometimes it's the message, sometimes the audience.
And a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Of course we all know... no pic's, it didn't happen... show me.

WWW   IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #18 - 08/06/12 at 13:32:25

Whats next ? Buy'm books, send'm to school, and now they want pictures !Smiley

But I did take some pics. But the closeup were not in focus, and the farther away ones couldn't even tell what you're looking at.

If it wadn't such a pain to send a pic, I'd send one of them.
If I can send desktop pics to Ebay and CL, don't know why I can't send them here.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #19 - 08/07/12 at 06:13:19

Hard to see the flasher/plug assy in its holder, w/ the white solid doorbell wire coming down into the backside of the flasher plug, one side pushed in w/ the brown wire, the other side pushed in w/ the blue wire.

Here you see the red & white beeper wire spliced to the white doorbell wire, leaving slack for steering and disappearing into the backside of the headlite to the beeper

Rich
  IP Logged
zippythezip
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Springhill,Nova Scotia, Canada
Reply #20 - 08/09/12 at 16:45:07

using the suggestions here I trotted off to radio shack and purchased a 100db buzzer. Reached up front of tank. Flasher unit is just sitting in rubber holder. popped it out, pulled wire clip off and just put wires down back of blades and put back together. No soldering and nice and tight fit. just place buzzer under tank in frame hole.
Only thing is I dont have noisy pipes but buzzer is some loud. So I went back and got the 75db version, much better and dont make folks think there is a truck reversing on them.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #21 - 08/10/12 at 16:44:47

The 75 db will probably be plenty loud if you put it inside the headlite,.....which is where it should be for weather proofness.
It has been said if a piezo beeper get wet, its toast.

Rich
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #22 - 08/10/12 at 16:47:49

Here is a waterproof one,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Piezo-Buzzer-Screamer-Alarm-110dB-12V-110mA-Waterproo...

But it is also a 110db version,  I'm sure if you looked you could find a quieter one as well.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
FishWisher
YaBB Newbies

I need wind!

Stockton, CA
Reply #23 - 08/11/12 at 11:43:44

Thanks to Routy sending me a beeper (we're old fishing buds) all set up with solid wires and even nylon ties, I installed it in about 20 minutes. Absolutely nothing to it - even for me and I have trouble buttering my toast!

Thanks, Rich!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:20:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Yeah. Bleeping turn signals again.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.