Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Riding as pain therapy. (Read 273 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Riding as pain therapy.
Reply #15 - 08/07/12 at 08:21:07

I have to agree w/ Lancer. Thats the thing I miss most about riding. Nothing else gives me that feeling of closeness, riding down a country road, the smells of nature, the feeling of freedom,
Doesnt matter how many windows I have down on the truck, the field of view from inside a FF helmet is better & I can feel connected to the world & smell it & just BE & its good.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #16 - 08/07/12 at 12:28:06

Riding in the country is an easy thing to zen to.  It does relax and recharge me.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #17 - 08/07/12 at 17:12:06

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/07/12 at 08:21:07:
I have to agree w/ Lancer. Thats the thing I miss most about riding. Nothing else gives me that feeling of closeness, riding down a country road, the smells of nature, the feeling of freedom,
Doesnt matter how many windows I have down on the truck, the field of view from inside a FF helmet is better & I can feel connected to the world & smell it & just BE & its good.

Y E S !  Cool

IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 08/08/12 at 09:13:41

UPDATE......GF read this thread.......The spare bedroom now has a permanent resident, well, actually 3 permanent residents.......ME and the two dogs.  Intimacy has been reduced to "hallway sex" for those who have heard that joke, you'll understand.  For the rest of you, it's the equivalent of receiving the middle finger, when you pass each other in the hall. Grin

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #19 - 08/08/12 at 13:27:00

tizzyfit wrote on 08/08/12 at 09:13:41:
UPDATE......GF read this thread.......The spare bedroom now has a permanent resident, well, actually 3 permanent residents.......ME and the two dogs.  Intimacy has been reduced to "hallway sex" for those who have heard that joke, you'll understand.  For the rest of you, it's the equivalent of receiving the middle finger, when you pass each other in the hall. Grin

HAHA been married 25 years.... i dont even get that and she isn't particularly angry about anything....

I think my wife LIKES me ridding a motorbike... she fully expects me to crash and then she can cash in.  I ride very conservative ... just to piss her off.

OH yeah OP:

believe it or not... riding makes my tension headaches go away.  Not much for my back though. and my butt hates me....

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #20 - 08/11/12 at 18:16:33

I find nothing helps me relieve stress, tension as well
as just being pissed off, as much as a good ride on my
bike...
I have needed it this week and it sure has helped..
Their is a great route I ride to work that allows me
to have my "need for speed" time.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 19:43:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Riding as pain therapy.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.