Send Topic Print
Oil capasity (Read 101 times)
Scott.aust

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Brisbane Queensland Australia
Oil capasity
08/03/12 at 01:16:50

What is the total oil required for a complete change including filter ? [img][/img]

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Oil capasity
Reply #1 - 08/03/12 at 01:19:13

Usually,.. 2 quarts will do it,... sometimes a tiddle more...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Scott.aust

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/03/12 at 01:39:39

Being that in Australia we have had the metric system since before I was born I can only guess 2 quarts = 2 quarters of a gallon ? I am going to buy some rotella T6 from eBay that someone has already imported,  which is the only way I can get it here. To save on postage do i buy 1 or 2 ? It comes in a 1 US gallon bottle which is 3.785 litres. Will this do 2 changes or do I buy 2 bottles and that will get me 3 changes ?

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #3 - 08/03/12 at 02:00:51

Scott.aust wrote on 08/03/12 at 01:39:39:
Being that in Australia we have had the metric system since before I was born I can only guess 2 quarts = 2 quarters of a gallon ? I am going to buy some rotella T6 from eBay that someone has already imported,  which is the only way I can get it here. To save on postage do i buy 1 or 2 ? It comes in a 1 US gallon bottle which is 3.785 litres. Will this do 2 changes or do I buy 2 bottles and that will get me 3 changes ?

In US measurements there are 4 quarts in a gallon,  so for most oil changes you will get 2 oil changes from each gallon jug unless you really try to get all of the oil out of the engine then you will be just a tad short on the second oil change.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Scott.aust

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/03/12 at 02:32:59

Thank you for that. It's a shame I can't buy it here because our standard size is 4 litres which would be enough for 2 changes.

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #5 - 08/03/12 at 04:29:19

If you get the T6 in the standard blue jug, it has a translucent "stripe" up one end. That lets you see the level of the oil in the jug. The jug is marked beside that "stripe" in both US quarts and litres.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Scott.aust

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/03/12 at 05:02:13

I bought only 1 from eBay, it is the same blue jug as you get. I only use my bike as a toy and enjoy playing with it in the shed more than riding it! If I change the oil now it will be well over a year before it does anything like 1000 miles do no point worrying about getting more oil for a little while.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 08/03/12 at 07:51:33

Have you given any thot to radio control airplanes? Heck,, If I had the time & $$, Id be flying at least some control line, & yes, you Can do it without help,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
cafecarl

I love old
motorcycles

Maine
Reply #8 - 08/03/12 at 08:27:57

It holds about half a pint more then the container I had under it when I drained it. Angry

IP Logged
Scott.aust

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/03/12 at 11:59:23

Thanks for that idea Justin ! Maybe I should of said its a hobby not a toy ? I dont use the bike to commute to work every day etc, it only gets ridden every few weekends and I enjoy working on it in between rides. At the moment it is pulled to bits as I am respraying it. I'm sure my wife would of been much happier if I had a toy plane instead !!!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #10 - 08/03/12 at 16:27:31

I know mine would... I have my Savage, her 800 Intruder, my 1963 Honda Scrambler (CL72), my 1969 Dodge truck, my 1949 Dodge truck, her 1995 Subaru Outback, my 1972 Super Beetle, her father's 1970 Ungers motorhome (D700 Dodge truck based), a 1992 Ranger and 4 mowers scattered across my forge, the barn, and 3 driveways.  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:30:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Oil capasity

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.