Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Richard Muller: 'Humans Cause Climate Change... (Read 280 times)
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Richard Muller: 'Humans Cause Climate Change..
Reply #30 - 08/05/12 at 05:41:39

I know the answer sell more corn make more ethanol add some nice flavor give it to all the folks you dont like or feel are inferior based on color of skin or location etc and that will end the population problem.  

If we continue making ethanol from corn lots will starve other than those who have the correct skin color or location so it seems ethanol is the answer either way. Sad

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #31 - 08/05/12 at 05:52:43

This debate is endless.  If you summarize what each side has to say, you come away with no real conclusions other than the issue is still debatable.

For me, the telling thing is long-term data.  Over the past many millions of years, the earth's temp has gone up and down a little occasionally, staying relatively constant within a range of a few degrees.  During the fraction of earth's history that humans have existed in significant numbers, nothing has changed with the typical cycling of the temp going up and down a little occasionally.

The global warming debate itself is likely to have the largest effect on average global temp simply because of all the hot air involved.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 08/05/12 at 06:57:36

Gyrobob wrote on 08/05/12 at 05:52:43:
This debate is endless.  If you summarize what each side has to say, you come away with no real conclusions other than the issue is still debatable.

For me, the telling thing is long-term data.  Over the past many millions of years, the earth's temp has gone up and down a little occasionally, staying relatively constant within a range of a few degrees.  During the fraction of earth's history that humans have existed in significant numbers, nothing has changed with the typical cycling of the temp going up and down a little occasionally.

The global warming debate itself is likely to have the largest effect on average global temp simply because of all the hot air involved.

+1  

wow, I agree with Gyro on something . . .  2012???

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #33 - 08/06/12 at 08:16:25

The whole worlds population fitting into texas - someone brought that up.
True, and if we can arrange people, and everything else we need to live on as lego blocks we easily can live on 1/10th of what we use currently.
Less than 1/10th easy. Plus make most weather phenomenon and tectonics irrelevant.

We have people living on huge oil reserves. - Los angeles.
We have people living on huge geological problems. - CA.
We have people living in fertile bread baskets - CA, Hawaii, and many more.

I'd find a few midwestern or northern states with few geological relevance - AKA a mid/northwestern plain that cant grow much of anything and stack people in nice shoe box sized apartments. They are cheaper to heat. The cooling will be harder, but since these will be tall buildings, the upper floors can just use windows for the most part.

I have more ideas like these, and as soon as we can implement stuff like this we can live on less resources.

I have some acquaintances who retired when they were in their late 40's. My wife was ooh ing and aawing over that, how they now have the freedom to do what they want and they now live on the beach in a boat.
What she didn't ask them was - how did they manage that ?
I told her. The summary was they lived in a shoe box apt in queens under rent control lived there through muggings and stabbings. Worked in 2 jobs for him through most of his 30yr career, atleast 1 was a decent one, she worked 2/1 job through most of her career, didn't own a car ever, saved like a maniac, got to ride the stock market up, and back down, had to delay the retirement 5-6 years, and the part that made my wife spit - and I said this while playing with my son's hair - decided to not have any kids.
They wanted to retire by 40, so they decided to do nothing that makes live worth living. They accomplished that by 47-48 if I'm correct. Then they moved to somewhere very cheap to live and they are trying to live off their savings. Good for them, but the sacrifice isn't for everyone.
If we can give up our 1/4 acre lots and 2500 sqft house and our hummers, and people can be canned like sardines it is a lot cheaper to heat and obviously we will leave the nice fertile lands of california to crops and oil extraction.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #34 - 08/08/12 at 14:55:20

I've said this before and I'll say it one more time. Anyone that rides a motorcycle and doesnt belive in global warming is a friggin idiot. I ride through the country but once I get back into the city the temp jumps 5 to 8 degrees. I dont know anything about CO2 or the chemistry of the atmosphere but the asphalt, factories, traffic and lack of trees and vegetation heat up the atmosphere. I'm not a scientist but it doesnt take one to know that we are heating up the planet.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #35 - 08/08/12 at 15:33:18

I never said it wasnt getting warmer. Whats causing it is up for debate, IIRC, we had a time in the past when there was ice in lots of places & it went away. That was called the Ice Age,, no SUV melted that. During Medieval Times it was warmer than now.. no SUV did that. Back in the 70's, the scientists were warning of a mini ice age coming.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #36 - 08/09/12 at 00:05:27

People, factories, cars, logging, power plants, asphalt etc. are contributing to it getting warmer, thats not even debateable.  I'm setting here with a $20,000 boat and fishing gear and they've totally screwed the water up so bad I cant safely eat a fish I catch and they're still polluting it. Thats what clean electric power has done for us, contaminated all the lakes with mercury and they're still doing it. Dont know how much damage we're doing to the atmosphere but we are damaging it. Ask anyone who lives in LA. You cant count on this generation to do anything except make it worse. Its hard for me to sit back and think about how a large percentage of the generation of peace and love have turned into evil greedy bastards who absolutely care nothing for their fellow man or the planet, but that's what has happened and nothings gonna change for now. Whoever finds a way to get rich the quickest will rule this country. There's over 3000 lobbyist in Washington spending millions a day so dont ever expect anything to change, if you do you'll just get your feelings hurt. Our gov., the tax system, and the EPA and a lot more all need overhauling but it aint gonna happen in our generation.

« Last Edit: 08/09/12 at 01:34:15 by Midnightrider »  

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #37 - 08/09/12 at 00:32:30

Agenda 21 will fix it,, since it includes eliminating billions of us.

& how many here are able to look at society & see the damage it does to the climate & environment, yet, can not manage to make the connection between vaccinations & autism?

Yes, Im sure we have an impact on the world, the climate even, but to what extent? What % of temperature change was gonna happen anyway?
What impact has Haarp had? What about the chemtrails? Who Benefits here?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #38 - 08/09/12 at 09:55:54

http://www.appinsys.com/globalwarming/gw_part6_solarevidence.htm

There are good reasons to believe its not as much my Jeeps fault as the people who make bazzillions off of carbon tax credits would want  us to think.

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #39 - 08/09/12 at 12:47:00

people always think that cars are the only thing that get blamed but lets look at some other areas. Coal fired power plants, airplanes, ocean going ships, petroleum generators, there are a lot of sources of CO2 other than JOGs jeep.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #40 - 08/09/12 at 17:29:04

No one says otherwise, but Im not listing every possible source of CO@, which, BTW, is food for plants & has been higher than it is now, loong ago, according to studies done of ice layers buried very deep.
Read the article, follow the links,. & realize, Al Gore & Ken lay cooked this up decades ago.,Google
Al Gore Ken Lay Carbon credits.

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #41 - 08/10/12 at 06:09:11

more CO2 now and less plants to use it.......huh

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 08/10/12 at 13:37:49

don't worry, if we just don't change anything about our behavior, everything will be alright, somehow. . .

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #43 - 08/10/12 at 15:17:56

Plant a frikkin' tree in yer' yard...  it can't hurt... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #44 - 08/10/12 at 22:16:57

Ohhh, now I feel Baaad,, we had about 10 acres cleared, just over a Million Pounds of trees,,,cut down & hauled away,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/13/24 at 10:21:04

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Richard Muller: 'Humans Cause Climate Change...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.