Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
...from the 'Here We Go Again' dept. (Read 91 times)
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
...from the 'Here We Go Again' dept.
07/29/12 at 22:10:18

Another Florida "Castle Doctrine" Murder

<snip>

Kenneth Bailey Roop, 52, has been charged with second-degree murder for killing 30-year-old Nicholas Rainey.

A co-worker who witnessed the shooting said Rainey had knocked on Roop’s door, but received no answer. While Rainey was walking down the drive-way, Roop pulled up in his pickup truck and asked why Rainey was at his house. Rainey explained that he was selling steak and seafood. The witness said Roop then pulled out a black handgun and shot Rainey. As Rainey lay on the ground dieing, Roop fired another bullet into the back of his head.

Roop later told police that he shot Rainey in the head “for effect” and that he had three no trespassing signs on his property. Roop said he feared for his life.

“I’m not going to give him the chance to do something to me,” he told police. “I was in fear.”

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: ...from the 'Here We Go Again' dept.
Reply #1 - 07/29/12 at 23:20:30

What is WRONG with people? Whoopppeeee,, he had a no trespassing sign,, was the guy running at him? Was he actin likie he was diggin for a weapon? This guy just wanted to kill someone,, I hope he gets the needle.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 07/29/12 at 23:53:09

Man!,.. that is one over-torqued vegetarian!...
B12 shortage defence...   Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/30/12 at 04:23:14

I was wading fishing yesterday afternoon (first time under 100 in forever….) in a small creek loaded with smallmouth about 80 miles outside of St. Louis and passing by property with no trespassing signs all over. I’ve seen the people who live in those places. DO NOT walk on someone’s land like that when he has a no trespassing sign.  Believe me, he doesn’t want what you’re selling…. Someone who lives at the end of a rural road with fences, chained dogs isn’t usually up for company.

So Star; are you trying to tie this into the Martin case?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 07/30/12 at 09:19:45

The penalty for tresspass isnt DEATH,, He should have ordered the guy off his place.
"I was afraid for my life"? Give me a break.,. If you DROVE your car into a place where you expected top see No One & saw someone & it scared you,, why get out? He WALKED into a situation where he claimed to be afraid, & then shot someone, in cold blood,,Hes gonna go to prison,& I hope he gets the needle.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #5 - 07/30/12 at 15:12:47

"So Star; are you trying to tie this into the Martin case?"

....So webbie, are you trying to defend this guy too?

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/30/12 at 18:22:43

nope. I think he murdered the guy.

Point is, in both cases, the police investigated and made what seems to be the correct decision. One they arrested, one they didn't. One was arrested later on when the PC police got to them, no much Al Sharpton and too many crybabt liberals. Now all we've got to look forward to is riots when they eventually release due to no evidence of criminal wrong doing. I think they are waiting until after summer to do the inevitable, which is to let an innocent man, zimmerman, go.

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #7 - 07/31/12 at 09:34:52

WebsterMark wrote on 07/30/12 at 18:22:43:
nope. I think he murdered the guy.

Point is, in both cases, the police investigated and made what seems to be the correct decision. One they arrested, one they didn't. One was arrested later on when the PC police got to them, no much Al Sharpton and too many crybabt liberals. Now all we've got to look forward to is riots when they eventually release due to no evidence of criminal wrong doing. I think they are waiting until after summer to do the inevitable, which is to let an innocent man, zimmerman, go.

The only difference between the two that I can see is that there was a witness for one murder and not for the other. Although, I do like the whole innocent until proven  guilty thing we got going on, I just don't think that Zimmerman is innocent. That is my opinion and it is webster's opinion that he is, fortunately it is not up to us to decide. Not arguing with anyone here really just thinking out loud.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 07/31/12 at 16:18:27

Not sure of Florida's status as a range law state. Kind of doubt it is but...

In range law states, if you have your property posted, correctly, as in registered posted with the county and/or state...

You have the right to shoot. Period.

The only entry permitted is US Marshals serving a federal warrant.

They are hold overs from ranching days. And in eastern Washington, eastern Oregon, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Nevada... you'd better believe the signs. Western Wa or western Or you'll be going to jail for doing what state law says you can do.

Violate a No Tresspassing sign in TN. I dare you...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #9 - 07/31/12 at 16:51:58

WD wrote on 07/31/12 at 16:18:27:
Not sure of Florida's status as a range law state. Kind of doubt it is but...

In range law states, if you have your property posted, correctly, as in registered posted with the county and/or state...

You have the right to shoot. Period.

The only entry permitted is US Marshals serving a federal warrant.

They are hold overs from ranching days. And in eastern Washington, eastern Oregon, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Nevada... you'd better believe the signs. Western Wa or western Or you'll be going to jail for doing what state law says you can do.

Violate a No Tresspassing sign in TN. I dare you...

it's the same way here in TX

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 20:56:34

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › ...from the 'Here We Go Again' dept.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.