Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pic of one handed woman rider. (Read 147 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Pic of one handed woman rider.
07/29/12 at 10:40:15

If someone can get this to the fella with the right arm problem, maybe this would help..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Pic of one handed woman rider.
Reply #1 - 07/29/12 at 10:55:59

Not to be offensive,.. but, I'd at least want a hook or somethin' on the other bar for balance and leverage...
Just seems like it would be helpful... Huh...

Maybe she has one, and just took it off for the pic?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #2 - 07/29/12 at 11:22:47

There have been some racecar drivers with hand injuries that had a 'socket' they could fit the injured extremity in. Mel Kenyon comes to mind, at least what's left of it. He drove midgets, which required the use of both hands to operate.

I have been experienceing some problems with my right  hand & some pain & loss of grip strength, so I've been giving some thought to this. I believe my solution would be a thumb throttle adapted to the left side. For the front brake, I believe a dual pedal setup with the front brake on the outside would work, since I could twist my ankle to vary the balance front to rear. Of course this would all be easier to do on my 950 because of hydraulic brakes on both ends. With some adjustment, I could probably get the balance close enough so as not have to twist my foot much. With the mechanical linkage on the Savage this will be much harder to get right, but could probably be done.

Like I said, i been thinkin', & that's always dangerous. Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 07/29/12 at 12:49:23

Ridge,.. if you just need some relief, try one of these...
They work great...

See here...
http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
RandomHero
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/29/12 at 14:35:16

any info on what she does to allow her to ride? im in that situation right now...

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1342159215

currently in search of a Savage right now so i can get my ideas rolling.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 07/29/12 at 21:10:39

I asked on the forum where I got that pic. Before I asked, someone said she had a socket she stuck her arm in, but that leaves a lot of unanswered questions,,
I still think that for your situation, you otta get a small dual purpose & mod the handlebars so the right side comes up & back to where you can grab on, Brakes? Well,, thats gonna be a trick,, but Im sure she has a solution, just a r4ear brake isnt a great idea, BUt, no need to solve the brake issue till youve proven you can ride, so,, Back to the small dual purpose,, Thats how Id go at it,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #6 - 08/07/12 at 08:22:29

RidgeRunner13 wrote on 07/29/12 at 11:22:47:
There have been some racecar drivers with hand injuries that had a 'socket' they could fit the injured extremity in. Mel Kenyon comes to mind, at least what's left of it. He drove midgets, which required the use of both hands to operate.

I have been experienceing some problems with my right  hand & some pain & loss of grip strength, so I've been giving some thought to this. I believe my solution would be a thumb throttle adapted to the left side. For the front brake, I believe a dual pedal setup with the front brake on the outside would work, since I could twist my ankle to vary the balance front to rear. Of course this would all be easier to do on my 950 because of hydraulic brakes on both ends. With some adjustment, I could probably get the balance close enough so as not have to twist my foot much. With the mechanical linkage on the Savage this will be much harder to get right, but could probably be done.

Like I said, i been thinkin', & that's always dangerous. Cool

HI.

Sounds like all you need is one of the older generation, pushrod Moto Guzzis.

They came in all sizes, from 350cc to 1000cc, and were equipped with a very practical and reliable "Integral Braking System" with the foot pump operating the rear disc + the front left disc.

The front right disc was operated from the front brake lever, and was really intended as an auxiliary backup.

I had a 3-disc 500cc Motoguzzi (V-50) for ages and to this day I must say it was the most intelligent braking setup I have come across - including my current BMW with integral braking on the hand lever - just not as handy...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 03:26:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › Pic of one handed woman rider.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.