Send Topic Print
Chick-fil-A (Read 882 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Chick-fil-A
Reply #15 - 07/29/12 at 18:22:03

This would set us back half a century to "Whites only" restaurants .. "Blacks at the back of the bus"... "White only" sidewalks, bathrooms, and drinking fountains...

and of course, no one said anything about refusing to serve anyone at one of their resturants other than the standard no shirt, no shoes, no service.

Did you think they were going to have a gay test at the door?

If they did, here how they should do the test....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuG1vyQ1mUQ

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 07/29/12 at 18:25:47

my..my, shame shame, these 'fake' Christians here who conveniently ignore the teachings of Jesus ("the greatest commandment is love one another".)...and cherry-pick the nastiest verses from the Old Testament Leviticus to justify their hatred and bigotry can say what they will, but the teachings of Christ fall on their deaf ears. "

Star; this is a big topic you’re opening and I don’t think you have the shoes for it.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 07/29/12 at 18:26:30

WebsterMark wrote on 07/29/12 at 18:09:45:
So, am I to assume you are okay with throwing a gay guy off a rooftop as long as he’s not pushed by a Republican????

WebsterMark wrote on 07/29/12 at 18:17:07:
but,.. when operating a business, you cannot discriminate...
Should  we consider the Islamic Center of Boston a business or religious institution?
If we consider and treat it like a business, certainly the Boston mayor should threaten to pull their permit since they clearly want to fire bomb the nearest gay bar which seems to be against the mayors believe system, and afterall, that’s what counts.

WebsterMark wrote on 07/29/12 at 18:22:03:
and of course, no one said anything about refusing to serve anyone at one of their resturants other than the standard no shirt, no shoes, no service.

Webster,.. do you worship chickens?...  Huh...
... and,.. JOG brought it up... Apparently RP is good with discrimination for any reason...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #18 - 07/29/12 at 18:40:34

< item >

Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitutional.

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) may rail against Social Security insolvency in the public eye, but that hasn't stopped him from accepting the government checks.

The libertarian-leaning Republican and former presidential candidate admitted Wednesday that he accepts Social Security checks just minutes after he called for younger generations to wean themselves off the program.

Hmm, guess he is not the 'good guy' some of you thought.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 07/29/12 at 19:36:36

and,.. JOG brought it up... Apparently RP is good with discrimination for any reason...

nice dodge....

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you really just don't get the point.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 07/29/12 at 21:21:13

Im dead sure SS is unconstitutional,, BUT, I bore the burden of the contract,, so, Ill take the benefits,

RP didnt say discrimination was okay,, he said the law wasnt how to solve it. LET people discriminate, LET society reward or punish them,
Would you do business at the burger stand where others werent welcome?
Society has either changed or it hasnt,, Id be curious to see how American behaved if there was no law demanding they play nice..
FWIW, Chick Fila Hires, serves any & all,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mojohand40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 07/30/12 at 13:16:27

Regardless of what you think of Chick-Fil-a's policies...they still make a pretty Sh**ty sandwich, IMO.

Everybody was always going on and on about how tasty they are. so I tried one..it's just a boneless fried chicken breast on a cold hamburger bun with two pickle slices..

I don't get it.  Wendy's Chicken sandwich  (either regular or Spicy) spanks Chik-Fil-A's....and they are open on Sunday.
..jus' sayin'
Smiley

IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #22 - 07/30/12 at 15:14:07

When I joined this forum, I swore to myself that I would not get involved in the spirited discussion in this section. Oil (there is a subject without much spirited discussion) and carburetors is what I wanted to know about. Well, for just this one time, i will go against my conviction.

Mr. Cathy is a citizen of the USA and entitled to his beliefs. Make your decision to patronize his business based on the quality of his products and service.

We ride Japanese motorcycles even though a generation ago, their actions took the lives of so many of our servicemen. We buy Ford cars even though the founder was an avid anti-Semite. About everything we buy is now made in China, an atheist communist government that has morphed into an atheist economic juggernaut.

Just where do we draw the line? I am not smart enough to make such judgements. From my chair, as long as Mr. Cathy obeys the laws of the land I think I will buy a sandwich from him every now and then, and would even if he had come out in favor of gay/lesbian marriages.

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #23 - 07/30/12 at 16:46:27

Chick-Fil-a'....I never heard of this dump before, none around here.

Judging by the comments, sounds like their sandwiches taste like sh1t and their only clientele are bigots who eat there to support this guy's prejudices.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 07/30/12 at 18:17:57

Mr. Cathy is a citizen of the USA and entitled to his beliefs. Make your decision to patronize his business based on the quality of his products and service.

Blinky; you seem to have common sense which means you have a target on your back! Don't swear to yourself to not get involved; do the opposite.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #25 - 07/30/12 at 20:58:12

If sandwiches that taste like sh1t (and probably look like it too) are your thing, go for it.

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #26 - 07/31/12 at 08:10:19

I love Chick-fil-a, LOVE it I said!!!!!

I dont agree with the CEO or his beliefs but darn they make some good ass chicken.

I think what mark was pointing out here was the intolerance of intolerance in some of country's larger city administrations. Right?

No, you cannot deny a service that your business provides to anyone based on demographics.

Quote:
No,.. you have the right to think and say what you want, and will suffer those consequences...
.. but,.. when operating a business, you cannot discriminate...
This would set us back half a century to "Whites only" restaurants .. "Blacks at the back of the bus"... "White only" sidewalks, bathrooms, and drinking fountains...
Discrimination of minorities is not "Constitutional"... All men,.. remember?...
Individual rights end where they affect the rights of others...

What if the electric company in your town were black owned, and decided not to serve you?... or any whites?...
Worse yet... Gay owned, and they decided not to serve you...
Atheist owned,.. and wouldn't serve churches...

+1

If you dont agree with Chick-Fil-a dont eat there, or do (like me) and hate yourself. Its a trade off, I dont feel good about eating at chick-fil-a but I feel good when I eat chick-fil-a.

I would probably not eat there at all if they refused to serve LGBT folks, but unlike Mayor Menino they dont descriminate.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 07/31/12 at 08:16:26

The only hypocracy I see here is from Mr.Cathy, who will accept money from gays in his stores, but then spends it on anti-gay/hate causes/groups.. Most of these anti-gay hypocites are only guilty of ignorance of their own physical make up, everyone is gay, we just have different levels of gayness.. Me I love women, everything about women, I could hang with em 24/7 and be just fine, so I must be a lesbian........... Cool

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #28 - 07/31/12 at 16:00:28

Chik-fil-a in the mall is disgusting. As a brick and mortar store they are great. Used to be just standard fried on a plain white bun. With pickles. Much bigger and better selection now.

And anybody playing the white racist card in regards to the company founder hasn't seen his picture... He's an ethnic semite or slav.

I'll eat there if my wife decides to stop there. Not overly fond of vegetables being passed off as meat (if it never went moo it isn't meat).  Wink

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #29 - 07/31/12 at 21:49:18

They had one here but the gays had it closed down. The problem as I see it is, who will be next on the list. Had a guy in my unit thought no one of different race should be allowed to marry.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/18/24 at 05:39:23

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Chick-fil-A

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.