Send Topic Print
Chick-fil-A (Read 882 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chick-fil-A
07/29/12 at 05:07:14

Numerous cities like Chicago and Boston are jumping on the “I hate Chick-fil-A” band wagon this week which makes pointing out the hypocritical pretzel’s they’ve twisted themselves into hilarious. Here’s a couple great paragraphs from Mark Steyn about the open minded and tolerant Mayor of Boston.

Meanwhile, fellow mayor Tom Menino announced that Chick-fil-A would not be opening in his burg anytime soon. "If they need licenses in the city, it will be very difficult," said His Honor. If you've just wandered in in the middle of the column, this guy Menino isn't the mayor of Soviet Novosibirsk or Kampong Cham under the Khmer Rouge, but of Boston, Mass. Nevertheless, he shares the commissars' view that in order to operate even a modest and politically inconsequential business it is necessary to demonstrate that one is in full ideological compliance with party orthodoxy. "There is no place for discrimination on Boston's Freedom Trail," Mayor Menino thundered in his letter to Mr. Cathy, "and no place for your company alongside it." No, sir. On Boston's Freedom Trail, you're free to march in ideological lockstep with the city authorities – or else. Hard as it is to believe, there was a time when Massachusetts was a beacon of liberty: the shot heard round the world, and all that. Now it fires Bureau of Compliance permit-rejection letters round the world.

Mayor Menino subsequently backed down and claimed the severed rooster's head left in Mr. Cathy's bed was all just a misunderstanding. Yet, when it comes to fighting homophobia on Boston's Freedom Trail, His Honor is highly selective. As the Boston Herald's Michael Graham pointed out, Menino is happy to hand out municipal licenses to groups whose most prominent figures call for gays to be put to death. The mayor couldn't have been more accommodating (including giving them $1.8 million of municipal land) of the new mosque of the Islamic Society of Boston, whose IRS returns listed as one of their seven trustees Yusuf al-Qaradawi. Like President Obama, Imam Qaradawi's position on gays is in a state of "evolution": He can't decide whether to burn them or toss 'em off a cliff. "Some say we should throw them from a high place," he told Al-Jazeera. "Some say we should burn them, and so on. There is disagreement ... . The important thing is to treat this act as a crime." Unlike the deplorable Mr. Cathy, Imam Qaradawi is admirably open-minded: There are so many ways to kill homosexuals, why restrict yourself to just one? In Mayor Menino's Boston, if you take the same view of marriage as President Obama did from 2009 to 2012, he'll run your homophobic ass out of town. But, if you want to toss those godless sodomites off the John Hancock Tower, he'll officiate at your ribbon-cutting ceremony.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Chick-fil-A
Reply #1 - 07/29/12 at 07:23:36

Yea, we heard about that uproar, WE dont usually go out a lot, I cant remember the last time I spent a dime at Chik Fil A , but,, thats where Im eating today.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #2 - 07/29/12 at 07:57:02

Never stepped foot in one before. Don't really know of one near me. But dangit......anyone that's offended does not have to go there,just like I do not patronise business that reflect beliefs different than mine!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 07/29/12 at 08:37:54

Oooops,, I forgot, that hypocrite has those places Closed on Sunday,,so the employees can go to church, instead of staying open & dragging in more $$$..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 07/29/12 at 09:12:04

That's right,... stand tall and proud in your religious bigotry and homophobia....
Shoulder to shoulder with your Islamic extremist brothers...
Look at that,.. Christians and Muslims finally gettin' along...

Pointing to liberal hypocrisy, as you Kum-by-yah with Islam... Grin...

Religious extremism is religious extremism... Islam don't own it.
Webby,... not seein' any hypocrisy there?... Huh...

Maybe Mosques would be okay, if they sold chicken?...  Grin...

« Last Edit: 07/29/12 at 10:22:23 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 07/29/12 at 10:02:51

No Chick-fill-A's around here, that I know of...

Does anyone ever refer to them as Fill-A-Chick's....  Huh...
Irresistible... Grin Grin Grin...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 07/29/12 at 10:30:30

Is it religious extremism to not support homosexuality? I choose who I want to associate with. I choose to not associate with or guide my financial support to certain people. Thats my right, you have the same rights. Do I consider you a hate monger for not liking people for their position on this? Chik Fila doesnt discriminate against anyone as a corporate entity, the head guy has his own ethics that I suppport, You can boycott them, Ill support them, thats free market,
That they are closed on Sunday shows me he is doing more than giving lip service to his faith, he is passing on big earnings. Sunday is a big day for food joints. People want to go out to eat after church.
I find it strange how much the "progressives" preach accepting people for what they are, being non judgmental is a BIg deal for them, yet, theyre just unable to wrap their arms around the religious people who have Biblical ethics.,
Is there no ones behavior the progressives wont be tolerant of?

IMO, the progressives are the least tolerant. They will not tolerate people who want to stand by higher morals.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 07/29/12 at 10:50:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/29/12 at 10:30:30:
Is there no ones behavior the progressives wont be tolerant of?  

Bigots... and people that hurt others...  That's about it...

I should be more accepting of bigots?...  Like Jesus would?... Huh...

The LBGT should steal the moment by showing up at Fill-a Chick's in full parade regalia,... and hanging out all day...
Packin' concealed heat, of course... Grin..

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/29/12 at 10:59:58

you can stand on "higher" morals all you want, the minute you try to shove that crap down at me, that's when I get mad.  so both sides are wrong here, nothing new there.  I don't eat at chic fil a often and I'll just stop now. not that that's going to do anything anyway. oh, we've always called it chic-a-f*ck as a nick name, jack in the box is jack in the crack, we have nick names for the other ones too but I forgot them at this moment.  

I don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle, but I could really care less if they want to be "married" under the law or not, we don't live in a Theocracy. two consenting adults should have the ability to be married if they want or not.  if you want to call it "civil unions" so your lunch can stay down that's fine as long as that has the EXACT same weight to it as "marriage" does under the eyes of the law.  kinda silly though, arguing over a word

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 07/29/12 at 11:32:52

LostArtist wrote on 07/29/12 at 10:59:58:
 so both sides are wrong here, nothing new there.

I don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle, but I could really care less if they want to be "married" under the law or not, we don't live in a Theocracy. two consenting adults should have the ability to be married if they want or not.  if you want to call it "civil unions" so your lunch can stay down that's fine as long as that has the EXACT same weight to it as "marriage" does under the eyes of the law.  kinda silly though, arguing over a word

Where are we in disagreement here?...
That's all I'm sayin'...

I'm not sayin' you have to like gays...
The CEO guy that makes pronouncement of his prejudice will pay the price... LBGT's will refuse to do business... case closed...
I object to rallying of support for his bigotry... Like it's a cause...
Bigots and phobics unite... (Make the subject of this issue blacks, and the picture becomes clearer)...
This is simply hatred of others that are different, cloaked in religious dogma...
The bible, like all religious writings, has particulars that can be pulled out to support most any prejudice...

What about fornicators, pork eaters, shellfish eaters, people that mix linen and wool, men that shave, people that do work on the Sabbath?...
Modern Christians throw all these rules out... (God was just kidding with these?)... and keep the ones that support their prejudices...

Bigotry wrapped in Jesus is still bigotry...

Lost,.. I know you don't have children, but,.. What if it were your child?,.. or brother, or sister?...
Cheney saw the light, when it was his daughter... and he's so right he lists when he walks...

« Last Edit: 07/29/12 at 12:55:29 by Serowbot »  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 07/29/12 at 13:27:54

The CEO guy that makes pronouncement of his prejudice will pay the price... LBGT's will refuse to do business... case closed...

Most likely,, &, others who support him will go spend their $$$ there. We are about to see the free market at work. This is an opportunity for people to see what happens when someone takes a stand. When Ron Paul said he didnt believe the Civil Rights laws were right, this is why. Its his opinion that a business owner has the right to choose who he will do business with. I agree. This is where the vision of society is brought to life, If someone owns a burger stand & will not serve people with facial hair, thats their choice, &, if society thinks he is wrong for that, they will punish him by not buying from him,
A man was fined (IIRC) about $7,000.00 because he wouldnt be the photographer for a same sex couples wedding. I think thats wrong. I think he should be able to contract with whomever he chooses to contract with,&, people who didnt appreciate what he did have every right to not hire him,., But, people would rather have the goobs dictate their actions that be free,,

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #11 - 07/29/12 at 13:49:14

100% spot on Sero.

Tee-Hee...Webster is cuting and pasting remarks made by homophobic intolerant bigot talk radio twit and dumbass columnist Mark Steyn....For those of you who may not know who this racist anti-Semitic homophobe is....well, you could call him a male Ann Coulter, or perhaps a student of the great rectum Rush.

....my..my, shame shame, these 'fake' Christians here who conveniently ignore the teachings of Jesus ("the greatest commandment is love one another".)...and cherry-pick the nastiest verses from the Old Testament Leviticus to justify their hatred and bigotry can say what they will, but the teachings of Christ fall on their deaf ears. "Judge not least ye be judged" ring a bell??

Would you accept the opinions of the LBGT community condemning you for how you were born, or whom you love, or how you live your life behind the closed doors of your home??...nah, I didn't think so.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 07/29/12 at 14:13:01

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/29/12 at 13:27:54:
When Ron Paul said he didn't believe the Civil Rights laws were right, this is why. Its his opinion that a business owner has the right to choose who he will do business with.

No,.. you have the right to think and say what you want, and will suffer those consequences...
.. but,.. when operating a business, you cannot discriminate...
This would set us back half a century to "Whites only" restaurants .. "Blacks at the back of the bus"... "White only" sidewalks, bathrooms, and drinking fountains...
Discrimination of minorities is not "Constitutional"... All men,.. remember?...
Individual rights end where they affect the rights of others...

What if the electric company in your town were black owned, and decided not to serve you?... or any whites?...
Worse yet... Gay owned, and they decided not to serve you...
Atheist owned,.. and wouldn't serve churches...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 07/29/12 at 18:09:45

Webby,... not seein' any hypocrisy there?...  

None at all. What did you think that article was about? Did you read?
Mainstream Christians aren’t debating the pros and cons of throwing gays off a building or just sticking with the tried and true burning at the stake.

This is simply hatred of others that are different, cloaked in religious dogma...

I’d say you’re missing the point, but I think you are purposely obscuring the issue I brought up which is explain how the bureaucrats of Chicago and Boston can threaten a business based upon the CEO’s legal position on a cultural topic? Which by the way, is the exact same position Obama had when he was elected and up until a month or so ago when his poll numbers sunk.  

These bureaucrats had no problem welcoming another group who as it turns out,  are also against gay marriage.

So, am I to assume you are okay with throwing a gay guy off a rooftop as long as he’s not pushed by a Republican????

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 07/29/12 at 18:17:07

but,.. when operating a business, you cannot discriminate...

Should  we consider the Islamic Center of Boston a business or religious institution?

If we consider and treat it like a business, certainly the Boston mayor should threaten to pull their permit since they clearly want to fire bomb the nearest gay bar which seems to be against the mayors believe system, and afterall, that’s what counts.

If we consider it a religion, then clearly the Boston mayor should also threaten to pull their permit because, as obama has already established, government can dictate to a religion what it’s beliefs really are, if they conflict with Uncle Sam.

So, assuming the government of Boston is against splattering their streets with gay blood, the Islamic Center is gonna have to go and I assume, from your strong position against bigotry, you’ll be leading the pack, right?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/18/24 at 05:37:52

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Chick-fil-A

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.