Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another Oil Leak (Read 123 times)
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Another Oil Leak
07/28/12 at 23:03:50

Just a small one, but annoying nonetheless. Right where shaft of the clutch arm goes in the crank case. I really doesn't leak in town, but out there on the highway at speed.
As far as I could tell, there is just an O-ring and it is only accessible from inside, correct?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Another Oil Leak
Reply #1 - 07/29/12 at 02:30:55

Yep..right you are, I had a leak there. I put up with it till I had a reason to pop the side off.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mjoneson
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/14/12 at 16:40:30

Just got this leak... anyone have pictures of how to fix it? Just an annoyance for now but I get the feeling it will get to me eventually haha.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 08/14/12 at 16:44:26

I doubt it will get bad. No pressure there. When its time to pop the cover to get to the tensioner, its obvious how to fix it once you see inside,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #4 - 08/14/12 at 16:56:38

I always had a smidge of oil moisture there in all these years I had the bike. Not even enough wipe it off with a q-tip, but since I switched to T-6 and do highway speeds in 100+ heat, after 30 miles or so there is a trace running down the clutch cover. In town riding does nothing I can tell, even looking real close. 5W-40 is pretty thin stuff to begin with.
I don't plan on yanking that cover off just for that, unless it gets worse, because I had a hard time and several attempts to get the clutch cover itself not to leak in the front, on top near the filler plug. The last attempt was successful and I don't wanna mess with that again.
I got the extended plunger in there in the second hole already and there is no reason to look at it again until the two sides of the cam chain start to meet each other and make noise.

IP Logged
mjoneson
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/14/12 at 18:45:51

Alright that makes me feel a bit better haha. Anyone know if verslagen charges a bit more to install his tensioner? I'm not far from him. If you can't tell I'm not a total wrencher unfortunately. I can do oil changes and carb cleans but not much outside that.

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #6 - 08/14/12 at 18:57:15

I guess ya hafta ask him. Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 08/14/12 at 19:24:41

All anyone needs is to see it done once, then, you wont be skeert of it. Heck, Ive been wrenchin on things all my life & I wouldnt do the valves till I hired someone to do it who would let me watch. Ive changed the frames on 2 Ford pickups, fixed copiers & cash registers, just not much Inside an engine experience.. Then, I did the cam chain & cam, these people will talk ya thru, I know, they did it for me. Get a book, get the tools & get after it,.Youll never regret it,Just Always ask if you have the smallest doubt.,.
One of the most ridiculous ways to destroy an engine is put the oil filter in bakkerds. We have seen 2 shops ruin motors for our riders..

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 08/14/12 at 20:08:28

mjoneson wrote on 08/14/12 at 18:45:51:
Alright that makes me feel a bit better haha. Anyone know if verslagen charges a bit more to install his tensioner? I'm not far from him. If you can't tell I'm not a total wrencher unfortunately. I can do oil changes and carb cleans but not much outside that.

You can buy me lunch, or bring dougnuts.   Grin

But you will have to wait til I got some.   Sad

and don't figure on sitting around watchin', you gonna git yer hands dirty.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/18/12 at 07:46:44

verslagen1 wrote on 08/14/12 at 20:08:28:
mjoneson wrote on 08/14/12 at 18:45:51:

You can buy me lunch, or bring dougnuts.   Grin

But you will have to wait til I got some.   Sad

and don't figure on sitting around watchin', you gonna git yer hands dirty.   Cool

What a GREAT offer! Your gesture speaks volumes about your character. Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/17/24 at 00:08:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Another Oil Leak

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.