Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Body molding tape question: (Read 51 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Body molding tape question:
07/24/12 at 09:43:02

I have mounted knee pads on my tank with body molding tape, and the top edges won't stick to the pads because of the curvature.
Is there any way to make this work? My thoughts are to apply new tape and press the rubber pieces together with the backing tape on, and leaving them for some time (a month?) until the adhesive cures to the rubber, then mount them on the tank.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Re: Body molding tape question:
Reply #1 - 07/24/12 at 11:04:10

I used the double sided tape used to hold grips on golf clubs to mount a Suzuki "S" gel sticker on the side of my tank to cover up a scuff mark from the previous owner. It is in a highly curved area of the tank and worked great. I cleaned the area with automotive wax and grease remover and used a hair dryer and rolled it down with a wall paper seam roller while it cooled. It might work for your knee pads.

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Body molding tape question:
Reply #2 - 07/24/12 at 11:13:40

Blinky-FSO wrote on 07/24/12 at 11:04:10:
I used the double sided tape used to hold grips on golf clubs to mount a Suzuki "S" gel sticker on the side of my tank to cover up a scuff mark from the previous owner. It is in a highly curved area of the tank and worked great. I cleaned the area with automotive wax and grease remover and used a hair dryer and rolled it down with a wall paper seam roller while it cooled. It might work for your knee pads.

I never thought of heat! Thanks.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 11:11:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Body molding tape question:

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.