Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Got a muffler question
Reply #30 - 07/25/12 at 05:31:09

The location of the plug should be between the sets of holes in the tube - and I believe there is an equal number of holes in the front as in the back.  The purpose of the plug is to prevent the exhaust form flowing straight out the tube and to direct the exhaust out of the tube and through the front set of holes in the tube - then the exhaust enters the outer jacket of the muffler to resonate - then the exhaust flow through the back set of holes and into the tube so it can flow out the back.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Got a muffler question
Reply #31 - 07/25/12 at 05:34:44

Greg wrote on 07/25/12 at 05:23:05:
teabowl13 wrote on 07/24/12 at 19:59:38:
Also, If you haven't already, you should post those photos and info up in the tech section...

It is my understanding that is something belongs in tech, the mods will move it from rsd. I may be wrong though.

From what I understand, the Tech Session is reserved for tried and proven repairs.....and not really for discussion threads.  At this point the repair is still in the discussion stage.  When you find the correct freeze plug and method for installation including depth....and then prove the freeze plug will stay in the pipe and not become a projectile out the back of the muffler......then you can write a Tech article on how to repair a Dyna muffler that is missing the plug.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:27:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Got a muffler question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.