Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Dark Knight Rises tragedy (Read 803 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Dark Knight Rises tragedy
Reply #75 - 07/24/12 at 09:59:11

JOG,... where's the part about overthrowing a tyrannical govn't?...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It was intended for the people to be prepared to defend the govn't,... not to overthrow it...
It also protects the right of individuals to own firearms for personal use, (hunting, home defence, etc)...

Your notions are more influenced by A. Jones than the "Big C"...
Who calls the Constitution the "Big C"?...  This is not a commonly used term...

The Big C is cancer...

PS..." What do amendments have to do with anything?"...
Well,.. we are talking about the 2nd amendment...
The actual Constitution speaks mostly to rules and policy for the government,... not individual rights...
The individual rights are spelled out  in the Bill of Rights,... the first 10 amendments of the Constitution..
So, that is the relevance of amendments in this discourse...

If you've actually read the Constitution,... it's time to read it again...
It don't say what you claim it does...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #76 - 07/24/12 at 10:03:21

I say youre misreading it,, the free State Of the People.,,is what we are intended to maintain. Understand the Fathers whole goal in the Big C was to limit the goobs & keep the power in the hands of the people,,

Remember, they understood what a tyrannical government is.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #77 - 07/24/12 at 10:31:27

Remember the historical context...  
George Washington, was not an American... Neither were any of the signers of the Constitution.
They were British citizens and were committing an act of treason...
When they reference "tyrannical govn't's", and having armed citizenry rebel,... they are referring to England...

The Constitution, in no way, allows or implies that Americans should be prepared to commit treason against their own government....
That would be silly...
That is a distortion made by modern Conservatives and Libertarians...
Taking quotes from the founders out of context, and using them to distort the intent of the Constitution...

Remember... these were British men at the time,... plotting treason against their King...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #78 - 07/24/12 at 10:32:29

Hey thats means we can shoot the members of congress.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #79 - 07/24/12 at 11:36:27

Then what part of the C counts? They were breaking away from a tyrannical govt & se3tting up a New Country, set on rules that make the People the Sovereigns, not the goobs.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #80 - 07/24/12 at 12:04:27

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/24/12 at 11:36:27:
Then what part of the C counts?

All of it counts... ... but what part says the people should be armed to fight against their own elected government?...
The second amendment don't...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

At the time they wrote this,.. they didn't intend for a standing army...
The world changed... Tanks, missiles, planes, drones, satellites, were invented... and a standing army became a necessity for our security.
They did intend on a standing navy,.... because even at that time, civilians couldn't be expected to maintain battleships...
They didn't foresee an air force either,... but it is now necessary...

A civilian militia is an obsolete concept...  It is used as a justification, nothing more...
We do still have the right to our weapons,.. for private, legal use...
As they intended...
... but the concept of a civilian militia became obsolete when we developed our standing army...

It is no longer realistic... the founders would see that now...
The world has changed, and the Constitution no longer even makes sense today, without interpretation of their intent...
Slavery is gone,.. blacks vote,.. women vote,... we have a standing army and air force...
All this is due to interpretation of the intent of the Constitution.
None of it was spelled out literally...
The world continues spinning, no matter how hard you dig in your heels...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #81 - 07/24/12 at 12:48:08

Personally, when "The Constitution" is referenced (not talking about "Old Ironsides"), I take that to mean "as amended" since that is it's current form... unless otherwise stated.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #82 - 07/24/12 at 14:00:49

You are simply incorrect. WE, the people, are meant to be armed not for self defense, or hunting,, at the time it was written, these things were simply taken for granted,,a man HAD to ready to protect himself from thugs & sundry other threats,Hunting was a part of life, no license needed,,They intended us to be armed to shrug off a Tyrannical Government, & thats how it is, Ill find what I have to find to show y0ou, but Im busy outside now, I just came in to grab a bite & cool off,,
Fuel pump on the 87 F150 is sounding bad, so, Im changing it,, Aaaand guess what? The fuel is showing signs of going bad,, beads of water showing up,, its murky looking,, I guess thats what happens when  guy drives one so little the gas sits in the tank for a year.,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #83 - 07/24/12 at 17:06:44

The C was written by people who understood this to be true & intended us to have this duty & obligation. Should the People allow themselves to be disarmed, they then have only the ballot box for recourse, & weve seen how effective thats been.,

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #84 - 07/24/12 at 18:08:06

Are you saying that quote is from the Constitution?... Huh...

That's from the Declaration of Independence...  
They are referring to England...
It is a letter that the founders sent to England to declare their independence...
(to announce that they were committing treason, basically)... Grin...

Whatever... but it ain't "the Big C"....
Have you ever actually read,.. The US Constitution?...
I doubt it...

These are two different documents with two different purposes, and intended for two different audiences...
The declaration is speaking to the King of England...
The Constitution is speaking to the American people...

I know this stuff, and I'm not even born here...

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #85 - 07/24/12 at 18:49:13

where's my tank?!!   Cool

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #86 - 07/24/12 at 21:12:14

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government."

Now let me get this right.... When the government becomes destructive, by say invading and occupying other sovereign nations in other parts of the world, or perhaps by cutting social security and denying it's people healthcare, then we the armed squirrel hunters and target shooter citizens can sort of get together and I donn'o maybe defeat the combined armed forces of the United States, charter some buses, go to Washington, and then overthrow....umm....are you sure that's what the Big C wants us to do???.....wait, isn't that treason??....in fact wasn't this the same idea Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, the men responsible for one of the most shocking and savage domestic terrorist attacks within America - the Oklahoma City Bombing tried to do??

Trust me, it won't work.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #87 - 07/25/12 at 11:32:11

Thats why they allow us to keep our guns, all we're gonna do is shoot ourselves in the foot.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #88 - 07/25/12 at 12:23:10

Serowbot wrote on 07/24/12 at 18:08:06:
Are you saying that quote is from the Constitution?... Huh...

That's from the Declaration of Independence...  
They are referring to England...
It is a letter that the founders sent to England to declare their independence...
(to announce that they were committing treason, basically)... Grin...

Whatever... but it ain't "the Big C"....
Have you ever actually read,.. The US Constitution?...
I doubt it...

These are two different documents with two different purposes, and intended for two different audiences...
The declaration is speaking to the King of England...
The Constitution is speaking to the American people...

I know this stuff, and I'm not even born here...

No, I didnt say that was IN the C. The C was written by people who Understood what this says.
They had just dealt with tyranny & wanted to create a nation that put the power in the hands of the People, not the Goobs. They are Servants of the People, not the rulers. Should they cease to be responsive to the voice of the People & start doing things TO the People instead of For the People, then the People have the DUTY to take control. If the Goobs will not respond to peaceful demands, & the ballot box doesnt solve the problem,, theres the ammo box. Understand the mindset of the men who wrote it, then its clear. But, if we try to understand it while we work from the position of "Its not reasonable to believe anyone would set up a government & in doing so, set it up with the idea that the people not only Might or Could rise up against it, but Should, in fact, rise up against it ,  IF, Read the IF, IF, the government behaves in an oppressive or tyrannical manner"  ,, Okay,, now, if someone has a deep belief that its not reasonable the authors of the C would do that, then it would be doubly difficult to see that that is exactly what the C says,

Now, I ask you, honestly,,when the NDAA was creating such an uproar & people were saying it meant Americans could be hauled away,, did you read it to mean that? I did,, & the courts demanded that be stricken,, I was correct in the reading of that bill, just as I was correct in my assessment of nafta.
Ill stay with this, but, Ill tell ya now, your snarky shots seriously pissed me off. I have a copy of the C within arms length & have read it, lots of it, more than once, If you want to discuss the thing, we can do that, if you want to take cheap shots at me,, well,, Im not down with that,,

& you pointed out the number of times the C had been amended, I asked what do amendments have to do with our discussion, then you pretended that you needed to point out we were discussin an amendment,,instead of explaining why you thot the number of changes was important,, I dont like that kind crap.. I havent been demeaning or snotty in any way, & Im not gonna have it,.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #89 - 07/25/12 at 16:07:22

JOG,... I originally made a meaner post to put here, but I deleted it...
Let me just say this...

I personally find the comment, "read the Big C"... to be demeaning and offensive...
It makes it sound as though you think, only you have read it...
.. and without specifying, I don't know what you're talking about...

Particularly,.. since it says nothing about any right to be armed against tyrannical government...
These are things you are inferring.. so, telling us to read it, will in no way prove your point...

So, sorry if I offended... but,...
As you point out.. these men knew tyranny...
They were angry with the king, because he wanted to levy taxes upon them, without allowing them representation in Parliament...
They spelled this out in the Declaration of Independence...

Now,.. considering that were aware of it, and could clearly spell this out in a declaration,.. I can only assume they they consciously and specifically chose not to make any mention of such things in the Constitution...
The reason being,.. they were spelling out what they believed to be a fair way of representation by elected representatives... and did not believe it to be tyrannical.. and did not want people to overthrow it with violence,.. but with votes...

... and all this has nothing to do with nut getting a hundred round assault rifle...

Anyway,.. if you found me to be snarky, snotty, and demeaning,.. it's because I resent being told to read the Constitution in such a flip way...
I have read it,.. and I disagree with what you believe it says...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/31/24 at 23:11:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Dark Knight Rises tragedy

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.