Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
Dark Knight Rises tragedy (Read 803 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Dark Knight Rises tragedy
Reply #60 - 07/23/12 at 11:50:54

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/23/12 at 11:20:40:
Yes, really,, read the Big C..

I've read the Constitution... it's not that big...
Very concise really... ...but, it's been amended 27 times...
It was made to be...
The founders didn't see into the future... but they new it was coming...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #61 - 07/23/12 at 12:34:15

....gun nuts...not us...the 'real' gun nuts...low esteem nobodies...you know the type, oiling and feeling their guns until their loins tingle. The long stiff hard barrels of cold steel that makes them feel powerful...fantasizing of how it would feel to kill...the thrill...the power...Yes you know the type. The George Zimmerman type.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #62 - 07/23/12 at 14:05:17

You are a law abiding citizen with an M15.... until you shoot someone.
Wanna take the chance next time you go to the movies that a "law abiding citizen" is going to change his or her  law abiding status? Huh

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #63 - 07/23/12 at 14:55:36

Here's the way I see the Second Amendment:

The founders had just cast off a tyrannical government and wanted to ensure that future generations would maintain a capability to do so again, should the need arise.  A militia and a standing army are two very different things.  A militia is a local entity, completely separate from any federal government.  The federal government, over time, has been attempting to redefine this to mean organizations such as the National Guard.  However they are in no way independent of the federal government themselves and therefore do not qualify as militia per the intent of the founders.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #64 - 07/23/12 at 15:28:10

What is an M15?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #65 - 07/23/12 at 15:31:24

Serowbot wrote on 07/23/12 at 09:55:50:
Got any stats on how many people defended themselves with an AR-15 with a 100 round drum mag?.... Huh...

Got any stats on how many people are killed annually by an AR-15 with a 100 round mag compared to 9mm pistols?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #66 - 07/23/12 at 16:31:54

What do you mean we can't own slaves? You mean I'm supposed to be paying my farm hand?

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #67 - 07/23/12 at 17:09:11

That’s not the point.  The bigger point is about freedom.

Both the AR15 and Ninja are objects taken to the extreme because someone wants to experience that.

I’m not in a hurry to say no. In fact, we should all be very cautious about saying no …

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #68 - 07/23/12 at 17:25:41

WebsterMark wrote on 07/23/12 at 17:09:11:
That’s not the point.  The bigger point is about freedom.

Both the AR15 and Ninja are objects taken to the extreme because someone wants to experience that.

I’m not in a hurry to say no. In fact, we should all be very cautious about saying no …

Basic flaw in your logic- guns are designed to kill, (the AR15 a lot of people very quickly), Ninja's (at least the bikes) are not.
I am really really glad that you can't own an AR15, or anything like it, in Canada.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #69 - 07/23/12 at 18:29:31

Basic flaw in your logic- guns are designed to kill, (the AR15 a lot of people very quickly), Ninja's (at least the bikes) are not.
I am really really glad that you can't own an AR15, or anything like it, in Canada.

No, not really. I used to live in Dayton Oh and that’s where they had the skeet world championship (or something like that, there were thousands of people there) and skeet is not about killing people. That’s just one example. Besides, motorcycles are designed for transport, not transport at twice the speed limit.

Look, gun control laws are an absolute JOKE. The cinema was a gun free zone…. That’s all you’ve got to say.

Also, I heard a discussion about Hopey-change talking about how his kids go to movies too, meaning he can empathize with the victims. But…. if his two girls had been there, an agent with a gun would have blown the dude’s head off and his two kids would have been fine. Reminds me of the time that complete lowlife Rosanne Barr had to admit her body guards carry guns despite her anti-gun stance. Message: Hopey’s kids and Roseaane’s kids are worth it, ours aren’t.
Screw that…

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #70 - 07/23/12 at 18:39:36

Web how many cops should we put in our theaters and what guns should they have.Wouldn't that increase spending.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #71 - 07/23/12 at 21:51:34

The bottom line is no matter what mental health or gun laws we pass there's always gonna be a way around it. There are people for the most part who embrace good and try to do the right thing. Then there are people who choose evil over good, blame it on their parents, society, video games, whatever, its always going to happen and has happened since recorded history. With modern media we're more aware of it. Some men are inherently evil creatures and society for the most part is unable to stop them until the damage is done.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #72 - 07/23/12 at 22:43:42

It's all about balance... (my favourite interjection; it works in any conversation, at any point)... Grin...  
... but mostly, because it's true...

Black and white absolutes are most often argued, and no minds are ever changed,... ... but, virtually no issues are so divergent...

Ban all guns,... or allow all guns... Huh...
We will never allow either...
We search for a balance point, and always have and always will...

You can't legislate, based on what a psycho might do...
You also shouldn't ignore that the rules you make, affect all the people... including the fringe...

If you step away from the black and white rhetoric of absolutes... and look honestly at issues, ... compromises can be reached, and solutions can be found...
Never perfect,.. but, better...
... and that's the right direction...

Motorcycle companies have come to an agreement... that 300kph is a maximum speed to be allowed.  That's an insanely fast speed to place as a limit, but at least it's a mutually agreed limit... and more importantly, it's an agreement that a limit must exist...
Once both sides agree that the progress of humanity has created a need for an agreed limit,.. the argument is no longer black and white, but shades of grey...

When both sides finally agree that the shades of grey exist, the polarisation of political punditry is over...
Huh...

Now, try to say, "polarisation of political punditry" three times fast... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #73 - 07/23/12 at 23:51:30

Now, try to say, "polarisation of political punditry" three times fast   Huh? All I know is give me a lap top and a few minutes and I'll make that motorcycle go faster than 186mph. I dont think I'm evil, that must be the shades of grey you're referring to. I own 25 round clips, not because I want to mow down innocent people, cant shoot worth a sh!t since I had a stroke and I'm legally blind in my shooting eye. I hated assault rifles while my wife was in law enforcement yet I owned 25 round clips, I guess I'm a hypocrite.. The neighborhood I live in is going downhill. I'm to old and sick to move. I felt safe when my wifes cruiser was setting in the driveway, but thats no longer the case. Old sick people like me are becoming easy prey. I never locked my doors in the 80's and I was single, no cop car in the driveway. Houses are being broken into all around me now and too many people know about my guitar collection. I know I'm rambling but the bottom line is I have a few weapons and they're for self defense and gaurding my property. If any gun laws were changed I'm all for longer waiting periods and mental background checks. Longer waiting periods wont stop the evil bastards but it might keep a good man from doing something stupid. In NC I can go buy an asault rifle tomorrow but there's all kinds of pistol laws and a waiting period. Doesnt make sense to me. Not a lot of anything makes sense to me anymore, political correctness destroyed common sense.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #74 - 07/24/12 at 00:17:34

Serowbot wrote on 07/23/12 at 11:50:54:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/23/12 at 11:20:40:
Yes, really,, read the Big C..

I've read the Constitution... it's not that big...
Very concise really... ...but, it's been amended 27 times...
It was made to be...
The founders didn't see into the future... but they new it was coming...

Yea, its been amended, very few times considering the scope of the document. Can you imagine putting something together like that & not having to change it? How does the fact that its been changed have any bearing on the 2nd? The reasoning behind it wont change. UNless there is a miracle that happens & we suddenly have a government of men who will not engage in tyrannical behavior & the people are assured by God that we will never have politicians & petty criminals running the country who would fail to uphold the Big C (Not in size, but importance) & no one would ever shoot anyone again in America, then the reasoning behind the 2nd remains..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 16:42:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Dark Knight Rises tragedy

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.