Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Dark Knight Rises tragedy (Read 803 times)
Sam7.62

It made better sense
in my head...

Tampa, Fla
Re: Dark Knight Rises tragedy
Reply #45 - 07/22/12 at 16:23:33

Serowbot wrote on 07/22/12 at 11:53:56:
Sam7.62 wrote on 07/22/12 at 11:03:42:
Point of contention...
Serowbot thinks all guns are bad and all gun owners are bad people.  He and people like him will never change. There is no point in arguing
against him.

FYI,.. I own 9 guns... 3 rifles, and 6 handguns... 5 of those are 22's for plinkin'... others are home defense,..
I've shot 100k's of rounds... over 25 years... and I'm a better than average shot...
I don't hunt... and I don't carry...
I don't live in fear... and I have nothing to prove...
I am a peaceful man...

Just so you know... Wink...

too funny! someone once said getting gun owners to agree on something is like herding cats.  

You come across as anti gun saying guns are the problem. I may have misread though.

Do you think people should not be allowed to own rifles chambered in something other than .22 rimfire?

Did you ever live in california?

'08 S40 Jardine,Debadged,Backoff/XP brake flasher deal
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #46 - 07/22/12 at 17:29:38

Na,.. I have a 357 and 38 snub, plus a shotgun... and I've been to Cali, but never lived there...
I'm not totally anti-gun, but I do think restrictions on Hi-cap assault weapons is reasonable..
The 2nd amendment idea of armed defense "blah, blah" is somewhat antiquated...  The days are gone of muzzle-loaders in military...
There was a time, at our founding, when a group of men could make a stand, on near equal footing with a trained military.  That's how this country was founded.  But,.. the founders never anticipated guided missiles, armed drones, or even tanks...
Now it's just silly...
I mean,... think of those who have attempted armed resistance against modern US military, (whether you agree with them or not)... it is not a good decision... You will not win,.. and likely will not survive...

So,.. Home defense, hunting, plinking,... sure... but this militia BS is silly...
Pound on the Constitution all you want,... it is still nonsense...

PS... I am very liberal... but, I was just defending Star's point of comparison... which I find valid...
Zimmerman and Holmes, in my opinion, were both using weapons to compensate for some psychological need feel powerful... and killed innocent people in the process.

I believe, Star, is a gun owner also... Not 100% sure...

It's just a bit over the top, for a civilian to be allowed to own an AR-15 with a 100 round mag...
Don't you think?... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #47 - 07/22/12 at 17:38:23

+1

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 07/22/12 at 19:44:31

It's just a bit over the top, for a civilian to be allowed to own an AR-15 with a 100 round mag...

No. It's not that much different that a 150 MPH Ninja crotch rocket in a 65 MPH world. I wouldn't outlaw either.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #49 - 07/22/12 at 21:05:59

"I believe, Star, is a gun owner also... Not 100% sure..."

Yes, I own a S&W model 66 .357, A sig 9mm semi-auto, A .38 snub, a Ruger 9mm semi auto, a Ruger .22 target pistol, and a rifle. I carried on the job for 42 years. I have had more training, have qualified every quarter for all those years, and have fired more thousands of rounds (I'm pretty sure) than anyone on this board. Retired I still go to the range six times a year, and I have federal LEO status to carry even retired.

A lot of liberal Democrats have firearms. The gun debate isn't Republican vs. Democrat or liberal vs. conservative. While the right consistently argues for less regulation, the left is fairly divided.

My biggest fear is that there are so many firearms in the wrong hands. Not just criminals, but any yahoo who walks into a gun shop or a gun and knife show and walks out with a firearm. No training, no experience, and no RESPECT for the grave responsibility firearm ownership demands.

I personally would just like to see a return to the days of strict background checks, long waiting periods, and registration. I agree with Ron Reagan yesterday day when he said they should be regulated as least as much as cars. Proficiency tests, a clean bill of mental heath, and permits should not be seen as violation of the 2nd amendment. Your 2nd amendment right is a 2nd amendment privlilege, just like driving a car.

BTW I wouldn't try to disarm this dyed in the wool liberal.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #50 - 07/22/12 at 21:16:28

"Star you really and truly are the biggest idiot I think I've ever exchanged post with." Webster

and

"It's just a bit over the top, for a civilian to be allowed to own an AR-15 with a 100 round mag...

"No. It's not that much different that a 150 MPH Ninja crotch rocket in a 65 MPH world. I wouldn't outlaw either." Webster

This kind of drivel confirms my previous remarks..would anyone in their right mind go within five miles of this fool if he had a gun?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 07/23/12 at 04:46:38

...and thank you for proving my point.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #52 - 07/23/12 at 05:43:07

WebsterMark wrote on 07/22/12 at 19:44:31:

No. It's not that much different that a 150 MPH Ninja crotch rocket in a 65 MPH world. I wouldn't outlaw either.

the big difference is on a 150 mph crotch rocket you are mainly more likely to hurt yourself mostly, while with guns, they are designed to hurt others, I"m not saying you can't hurt others with a sport bike, but that's not it's designed function, and if you use the sport bike at 150 mph, even if you don't hurt anyone, you still get a ticket and possibly your license revoked, etc . . . so, YES it IS that much different

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #53 - 07/23/12 at 05:55:18

+1

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #54 - 07/23/12 at 07:03:18

Yep, folks, Weapons are designed to kill others, yep,, thats what theyre for allright.. You gonna hyperventilate over it all day? How many are saved every day because of that nifty little feature?

You DO realize you cant wipe away every gun on the planet, right?
You will NEVER keep them oput of the hands of the evil & the crazy,
All this waah waah wwaaahh yammerin will accomplish is
Taking them from Law Abiding people,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #55 - 07/23/12 at 09:55:50

Got any stats on how many people defended themselves with an AR-15 with a 100 round drum mag?.... Huh...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #56 - 07/23/12 at 10:03:16

Id bet its VERY low,, but thats not the issue with me,, the 2nd amendment, once again, was put there because governments get oppressive & the people are the sovereigns in America, UNLIKE any other natioin I know of,, & WE are supposed to be able to defend ourselves, against thugs, be they street criminals or government goons,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #57 - 07/23/12 at 11:15:39

Quote:
the people are the sovereigns in America

Really?...  Grin... No wait,... Really?... Huh...

Should we all have a cruise missile in our front yards?...
.. and an F-15... and a tank?...

There is a line,... the argument is over where the line should be...
I see no reason for a private citizen to own a full auto, or high capacity (say 20 rounds) weapon.
Some might draw the line at 10 rounds,.. others at 30... but it must be somewhere...
The future may have 1,000 round weapons...
The founders didn't foresee this... They didn't foresee cartridges...
Laws and ideals do become obsolete... you can't turn back time...
You can't own slaves,... women can vote,... we can fly...
Laws must adapt...

Holme's 100 round mag jammed, (thank god)...
I wonder how many rounds were left...  
The body count might have been double or triple...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #58 - 07/23/12 at 11:20:40

Reply #57 - Today at 19:15:39 Alert Board Moderator about this Post! Quote
Quote:
the people are the sovereigns in America

Really?...  Grin... No wait,... Really?... Huh...

Yes, really,, read the Big C.. The Goobs are servants, not masters.,

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #59 - 07/23/12 at 11:44:08

I don't care if you have a 1000 round clip and a flame thrower....If they come for you your going. Tongue

Inefective as it is the vote is your only weapon, failing that you're/we're screwed.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 13:16:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Dark Knight Rises tragedy

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.