Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Forward Control Hardware (Read 75 times)
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Forward Control Hardware
07/20/12 at 09:48:11

A friend of mine is in good with a laser cutter so I'm planning on making a set of my own forward controls. (Not that the ones offered in the market aren't good. I just want mine to be unique) The only thing I'm running into is that I'm not sure about all the hardware that will be required. I did a search and went through all the pages I could find. I wouldn't be suprised if I missed a page, I'm going a little cross-eyed after staring at a computer all day.

Any one know what hardware I'll need to pick up?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Forward Control Hardware
Reply #1 - 07/20/12 at 10:30:25

Not so simple... It's going to depend entirely on your design... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #2 - 07/20/12 at 10:33:36

I really like the work that Routy has done. Really the only thing that I want to change from what he has is some aesthetics on the plates.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #3 - 07/20/12 at 11:01:41

Basically 4 required parts to the package:

Left plate
Right plate
adapter bracket for rear brake cable
longer shift rod (right thread on 1 end and left thread on 1 end)-or an extension
(also will need some misc nuts/bolts to move things)

Optional:
All-thread or some sort of bar to support/brace the gap between the left and right plates.

Really quite simple to accomplish, just nice to have the guys on here that are willing to put together kits for those of us that don't have access to the metal working tools needed to create these modified parts. (Thanks Ed.L. & ROUTY)

Cool

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #4 - 07/20/12 at 11:37:28

Please do not get me wrong. I love the work that Ed.L. and Routy have done! If it didn't have something fairly specific in mind for the plates I'd definately purchase a set from one of them. I think the work that they do and the effort that they have put into developing their kits is amazing and to be commended!
Since I have access to all the equipment I'll need to fab my own I thought I might ask around so that I'm not reinventing the wheel when I do it though.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 03:20:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Forward Control Hardware

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.