Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
What Is The Best Vehicle You Have Ever Owned? (Read 614 times)
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

What Is The Best Vehicle You Have Ever Owned?
07/19/12 at 05:03:05

Im talking trucks, tractors, mowers, bikes, quads, etc. and give the reason why.

I bought a new Suzuki 250 quad runner in 2000 it has 10 speeds lights speedo with a trip meter... it has 4500+ hard working farm miles most of which were a couple hundred yards or less, it has pulled trucks, wagons full of hay, the tractor, logs, cattle hauled deer lumber rolls of fence etc. hard farm miles. In the time i have owned it the voltage reg went out once and i had to adjust the valves one time. After break in it has only had Mobile 1 syn oil. It floats too....upside down, i found out when it fell through the thin ice on the pond... Shocked

So after all this thing has been through it is the best vehicle i have ever owned! Thanks Suzuki!

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: What Is The Best Vehicle You Have Ever Owned?
Reply #1 - 07/19/12 at 05:54:09

Not just one,but the Chevy trucks from the late 1960's through around 1980 when they still made the 250CI inline 6 cylinder engines. I always got at least 250,000 miles before I replaced them. Some even went over 300,000 and that was hard-ass driving,on and off road. Farming and long distance running. They had the low-end torque like our bikes and just kept pulling.

Maybe my 1968 Simplicity 3012 garden tractor too though. It's still going and I use it to plow gardens,till,push snow, and all sorts of jobs in places that the bigger tractors can't get in to. I've even pulled a full size 1984 Dodge truck out of the creek bottom in the rain with the little beast!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 07/19/12 at 06:29:59

Well,, the best handling, fastest car was a 78 Gran Prix with a 400 in it. I had a 73 Camaro that was fun, but I could drive the snot outta the GP. I learned some tricks in the GP, that I didnt know when I had the Camaro,,I have to say, I know its close to sacrilege, but I liked the GP better than the Camaro,  

The best deal I ever made was on an old Ford van, bought it for $1200, engine was shot, put $900 in it, drove it for 9 years, sold it for $1200.00

It wasnt trouble free, but a 3 speed on the column is Gonna give ya some trouble,,

A friend had a Quadrunner , late 70's I guess.. We ran the snot outta that thing, he could ride wheelies & stuff,,but I could wring the most speed out of it, so when we got a race, I ran it, We changed oil in it, & thats all it ever needed,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #3 - 07/19/12 at 06:43:24

Suzuki Savage of course

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #4 - 07/19/12 at 07:32:13

All around best was an '88 Toyota Land Cruiser. Indestructible, it would go anywhere except past a gas station, would pull Jeeps out of whatever trouble they got into, and was easy to work on, until it was t-boned. I coulda shoulda fixed it, but I let it go to the insurance company. Sad
Best deal was a '69 Pontiac Strato Chief with a small block 350 with 300 horse heads that I bought sight unseen for $50 from a friend of my dad to put the motor in a van I had at the time. I got it home and had a look at it, saftied it for the cost of a $6 tailpipe, and drove it for 7 years. Sold it for $350 to a kid who wanted the motor.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/19/12 at 08:01:51

My first car, 1940 Ford 2dr deluxe.  My grandfather purchased it new for the whopping sum of $950 which included an in-dash AM radio, 3 speed on the column and nylon seat covers.  The car was given to me for my 16th birthday in 1960.  At the time, it had less than 30,000 miles on it. The flathead V-8 could and did burn up a few rear tires.  Had it for 2 years and sold it prior to entering the service.  Dumbest think I ever did was selling that car.

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #6 - 07/19/12 at 08:05:46

87 ford bronco II, over 500,000 miles on it, still own it.
08 artic cat 500, manual trany. Its a beastly work horse.
08 Savage....so far...lol

IP Logged
Kilgore Trout
YaBB Newbies

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #7 - 07/19/12 at 08:16:36

Probably not the best vehicle, but my favorite vehicle I've ever owned was my first (as is so often the way) - a 1988 Ford Ranger 2.9 V6 that was left to me by my grandfather when he passed away. For all intents and purposes, it was a hunk of crap. When I got it, half the paint had peeled off, and it had a mean habit of cracking thermostat housings. But I loved that truck to death. It had a really torque-y feeling motor, and this big steering wheel with really slow steering that made me feel like I was piloting a boat. The four speed auto transmission was uncannily tight for its age, and it would chirp the tires into second when you were really giving it the beans. My favorite part was how light it was in the back. You could engage the front axle to make it four-wheel drive, but I preferred to keep it rear-wheel only so that I could throw it into four-wheel drifts around corners when it rained  Grin

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." -Juan Ramòn Jiménez
  IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #8 - 07/19/12 at 13:47:44

I had a 78 GMC High Sierra 3500 with a power tailgate. 4 wheel drive . Dually.350 v8.automatic. Used to haul away old scrap metal boilers and car engines, among other things . Good traction ,and could carry a heavy load.

IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #9 - 07/19/12 at 14:18:48

Nissan Skyline rb-20 turbo is what i have, straight six is just crazy not the best for gas milage but best in fun factor for me!!

IP Logged
Realbtl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bigfork MT
Reply #10 - 07/19/12 at 14:26:49

My 1986 Honda Helix 250cc scooter.  It will haul my fat ass around all day at top speed (60-65) and get 65-70 mpg.  With the Givi top box and the built in trunk it will do grocery runs except when I need to get the 40# dog food bags.  I've also used it for 800-900 mile tours.  Truly a do-it-all machine.

Well, except for winter.  It's not real happy in snow and ice.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #11 - 07/19/12 at 15:25:21

Kilgore Trout wrote on 07/19/12 at 08:16:36:
Probably not the best vehicle, but my favorite vehicle I've ever owned was my first (as is so often the way) - a 1988 Ford Ranger 2.9 V6 that was left to me by my grandfather when he passed away. For all intents and purposes, it was a hunk of crap. When I got it, half the paint had peeled off, and it had a mean habit of cracking thermostat housings. But I loved that truck to death. It had a really torque-y feeling motor, and this big steering wheel with really slow steering that made me feel like I was piloting a boat. The four speed auto transmission was uncannily tight for its age, and it would chirp the tires into second when you were really giving it the beans. My favorite part was how light it was in the back. You could engage the front axle to make it four-wheel drive, but I preferred to keep it rear-wheel only so that I could throw it into four-wheel drifts around corners when it rained  Grin

HAHAHA - my 1986 Ford Ranger STX - bought new 2.9 V6 ... but it was a 2WD. That thing was GREAT! I only got 80k miles on in when it flipped in the "great ice storm of 1996". It actually still ran fine, but the cab was crushed and they never could get it to stop leaking rain. I turned right around and bought a 1996 Ranger XLT. 4.0 V6, good truck, but never as much fun as the '86. The '96 got t-boned and the insurance folks totaled it... 120K miles - and not 1 repair!

I think the best "deal" I ever made: i bought a lawn tractor new, some funky store branded one. But the sales said "this tractor is made by the same folks that make the craftman tractors" sure enough about 5 years later  needed a new pulley shaft. Went to sears and bought it.  I paid $400 for the tractor new.. and sold it 8 years later for $450. ( the craftsman version was about $800)

IP Logged
rodeoclown

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Glenview,Il
Reply #12 - 07/19/12 at 16:04:03

1996 Ford Ranger bought it new with 13 miles on it,rodeoed in it put 146,000 miles on it with nothing but oil changes and gas plus tires
it pulled a trailer and the bed had my clown barrel in it. The clutch started going out, so i traded it off it paid for itself 5x's over.it got great gas mileage that little four banger never stopped.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #13 - 07/19/12 at 16:20:54

Best? Hmm...

Running was a 1973 F100 Ranger, 360/C6 auto.

Looking was a 1938 Indian Chief.

Kept longest is my 1949 Dodge truck, has been in the family since new. Anvil solid reliable... doesn't run so it doesn't move.  Grin Has been an on again off again battle since 1979 when Grandpa gave it to me. Hadn't been driven for 5 years at that point. Drove it for 6 weeks in 1994, has never started since, rings broke.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
SaVaGeEaRL

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Georgetown, KY
Reply #14 - 07/19/12 at 21:13:33

My 91 Chevy 1500 2wd. It has 372,000 miles on it and still runs like new lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:33:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › What Is The Best Vehicle You Have Ever Owned?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.