Send Topic Print
Gas Tank question (Read 80 times)
aschrock
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Gas Tank question
07/17/12 at 10:59:37

Hey guys, I'm new to the motorcycle world and have picked up a 95 savage for my first ride. I'm looking for a new tank as this one is beat up pretty good and has two tank leaks, so instead of having to rebuild this whole tank im wanting to get a new one. I have been able to find all savage tanks will interchange, but my question is will an s40 tank bolt straight to a savage? Did they do any changes to those or are they all alike? Thanks in advance guys!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Gas Tank question
Reply #1 - 07/17/12 at 11:16:03

All tanks are the same,... Savage and S40... except, Cali models have a vent tube instead of a vented cap...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Spamy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/17/12 at 11:20:15

When you are looking on ebay or craigslist or wherever make sure you do searches for LS650 also.

IP Logged
Spamy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/17/12 at 11:21:21

Actually, now that I think about it, my Savage is a 95' and Im planning on selling my tank. What color do you need?

IP Logged
aschrock
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/17/12 at 11:34:12

Spamy wrote on 07/17/12 at 11:21:21:
Actually, now that I think about it, my Savage is a 95' and Im planning on selling my tank. What color do you need?

Color doesn't matter a bit to me, I'm having a buddy paint the bike a non stock color, so I'm just looking for a decent looking tank for a good price. And thanks guys, I kinda was assuming it was like that but wasn't sure, I tried comparing part numbers but they were different so I didn't know if there were any major changes.

IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/17/12 at 11:42:33

IP Logged
aschrock
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/17/12 at 14:43:33

Trust me, I'd love to have that whole setup, I'd actually already seen that in the marketplace, but at the moment there's no way I could give ya an offer near what it'd be worth. I picked me up a tank off eBay earlier with some minor dings for about 50 bucks shipped, and my buddy who's a body man is gonna repair those and paint it for me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:16:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Gas Tank question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.