Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Where are all the Young Folks on Here? (Read 687 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Where are all the Young Folks on Here?
Reply #45 - 07/20/12 at 16:29:40

Yea- hobbies. I have had several: model planes, aquarium fish, photography, working on vehicles, but the longest running was audiophelia (sp). I go full bore on them until I have learned as much as I want and then either drop them entirely, as I did with aquarium fish and model planes, or they go into "idle" mode. I have  $20000 stereo that I built up over 27 years, and haven't listened to in a couple of years. (since I bought the bike, actually). I just take pics of the grandkids with my seven cameras and 15 or so lenses.
I have never been able to devote myself to multiple hobbies at the same time.
One track mind? Huh

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #46 - 07/20/12 at 17:46:19

verslagen1 wrote on 07/20/12 at 16:23:35:
What are you going to do when they learn to walk?   Grin

I don't know I guess they will probability catch me. Grin

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
DeepPurple
YaBB Newbies

Florida
Reply #47 - 07/24/12 at 22:39:23

22 since June here. I feel bad because I have been visiting the forums for a long time now but never post. I think I feel like many others in that I don't know enough to feel useful. I am learning though thanks to the many awesome people on these forums and I thank you all.

I'll try to show my face around here a little more because in the last year I have benefited so much from these forums.I went here to install my raptor petcock, just installed my new softail muffler, and I'm sure I did other things just forgot.

Once I become a little more savage savvy like you many wise old guys, I'll post some more Smiley. Thanks again for everyone's help even though you didn't know I was here lol!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #48 - 07/25/12 at 19:32:28

thumperclone wrote on 07/15/12 at 22:50:42:
still 29 going on 59..
had a cell phone once when i rode outta state, one of those throw aways..
early 70s i was stationed in germany got to drive some big wig civies around,  the car phone electronics took up half the trunk.coluld call anywhere in the world.that was high tech of the day
we had gps then thats how we layed in the guns  8" self propelled howzs
nuke capable to keep the easten block at bay..
was just a kid then i like being 29 again and again

My self awareness seemed to have matured at about 27 but my kept going...63 years next month.
The military never gave me nukes to play with but I did get some very fun toys here and there.

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #49 - 07/26/12 at 06:21:22

37 and some months here, but I'm with Lancer: I stopped paying attention over a decade ago! Grin

Although today my lower extremities are feeling older. Rode up around Mount St. Helens with a friend on back, and hiked through the upper Ape Cave. More climbing than hiking really, and all those muscles that don't get used under normal circumstances are in open revolt! Shocked

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 07/26/12 at 06:35:13

Boy, you old guys love these bikes.

I only made Star. I had divorced parents and every vacation I'd go visit instead of going camping. Without the camping trips, even though I could demonstrate the skills, I couldn't advance to Life or Eagle.

I think I peaked last year. I'm going to be the big three-oh this year :/
Last year is when I noticed the girls in Maxim are the same age or younger than I am. It's awful. Been riding since I was 15 though.

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:15:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › Where are all the Young Folks on Here?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.