Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Where are all the Young Folks on Here? (Read 687 times)
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Where are all the Young Folks on Here?
Reply #15 - 07/15/12 at 15:28:57

Drifter wrote on 07/15/12 at 13:19:58:
You younger guys what other bikes do you like, why are cell phones so important or networking or why did MS screw up XP with vista and 7, all this kind of stuff you grew up with we oldsters have to be dragged in kicking and screaming. Maybe not all but you get the idea. All of US can learn from each other.  One thing i have to add there is no substitue for experience this applys to both young and old.

I own a 78 XS750 that I like and a 79 GS850 I've yet to be able to ride enough to really determine if I like it or not, but the idea of a bulletproof engine and a comfy seat are quite appealing.

Cell phones are important because they allow us to be connected to anyone instantly, if you like that kind of thing. I'm starting to find more and more I like vacations to remote places without cell coverage so I don't have to be chained to my digital leash.

I think MS *fixed* XP with 7. The driver integration and networking is infinitely better, plus it has 64 bit support which is great when you want more than 4gb of RAM or a hard drive larger than 2TB.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 07/15/12 at 16:52:56

I miss pay phones. Now, when I wanna call home, I have to go in somewhere & borrow a phone,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #17 - 07/15/12 at 17:04:13

I miss crank phones and party lines Grin

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Brian
YaBB Newbies

South Carolina
Reply #18 - 07/15/12 at 17:25:24

Well I'm probably on the younger side of things here (23).  I've only owned my Savage for a couple of months, it's my first bike, and I'm mostly here to learn.  I'm mechanically inclined but bikes are something new to me with new problems and solutions.  I try and hop in conversations when I can, but I really just don't know enough to contribute anything useful very often.

That being said, I'm learning a lot very fast thanks to you guys.  I've got big plans for my little bike, but I'm moving next month so I can't get too far into anything right now.  I'll be sure to let everybody know what I'm up to once I get going, I'm sure I'll need some help.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #19 - 07/15/12 at 18:53:45

I see I'm not the only Eagle Scout on the board...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 07/15/12 at 21:16:55

Brian wrote on 07/15/12 at 17:25:24:
Well I'm probably on the younger side of things here (23).  I've only owned my Savage for a couple of months, it's my first bike, and I'm mostly here to learn.  I'm mechanically inclined but bikes are something new to me with new problems and solutions.  I try and hop in conversations when I can, but I really just don't know enough to contribute anything useful very often.

That being said, I'm learning a lot very fast thanks to you guys.  I've got big plans for my little bike, but I'm moving next month so I can't get too far into anything right now.  I'll be sure to let everybody know what I'm up to once I get going, I'm sure I'll need some help.

I'm mechanically inclined but bikes are something new to me with new problems and solutions.

I know how that feels. Ive been messing with things all my life, but never bikes, & theyre nuts & bolts & stuff in between, but it is different. Took a while to get comfortable with it, but now, Im okay with most of it, Ive never messed with forks or gone "Inside" the motor, Cam,, ehh,, thats not "Inside"..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #21 - 07/15/12 at 22:50:42

still 29 going on 59..
had a cell phone once when i rode outta state, one of those throw aways..
early 70s i was stationed in germany got to drive some big wig civies around,  the car phone electronics took up half the trunk.coluld call anywhere in the world.that was high tech of the day
we had gps then thats how we layed in the guns  8" self propelled howzs
nuke capable to keep the easten block at bay..
was just a kid then i like being 29 again and again

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #22 - 07/16/12 at 03:34:06

thumperclone wrote on 07/15/12 at 22:50:42:
still 29 going on 59..
had a cell phone once when i rode outta state, one of those throw aways..
early 70s i was stationed in germany got to drive some big wig civies around,  the car phone electronics took up half the trunk.coluld call anywhere in the world.that was high tech of the day
we had gps then thats how we layed in the guns  8" self propelled howzs
nuke capable to keep the easten block at bay..
was just a kid then i like being 29 again and again

So, were you stationed in Ulm?

IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 07/16/12 at 04:39:24

SP, i like xp it seems to have been designed by a left handed person, 7 has moved stuff that was left to the right bottom to the top....WHY i understand making things better why change the basics......if it aint broke dont fix it!! Near impossible to disable floaters...WHY!  

Digital Leash, thats what im talking about....i like it!

GH, Clark in PIs.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #24 - 07/17/12 at 03:26:25

I'm one of the long-time old farts on here (member since 2003, currently 51 yrs old) ... though I don't own an LS650 at present (have owned 2 of them in the past), I still LOVE the model and very recently helped my lady friend find and purchase a mint condition 2004 Savage with only 2300kms on the clock (now has over 3500kms!!).

Besides the Bike, it's the diversity of the Members and sense of "community" that's makes this place home for me! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #25 - 07/17/12 at 05:09:22

I'm 34...I've had my Savage only a few months, but I've been trolling around here for quite some time.  I've found the forum to be very helpful for planning and executing projects.  

You gotta love the interwebz.  I remember when the manual was your only way to try to fix something.  Now you can bounce it off a community.  Cool

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
ezornes239

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 07/17/12 at 10:48:56

IP Logged
Epeck

Yes it's a suzuki.
No you cant have it
harley owne

Jacksonville Florida
Reply #27 - 07/17/12 at 11:38:06

30 years old. About to tear up this forum with my bobber project. (waiting for some checks to come in to start). I picked this bike for the cost alone. But now that i have been tooling on it i love it. I do not fit into "my age group" so it seems my choice of bike was an unknowingly good fit.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #28 - 07/17/12 at 13:13:20

I'm about to be 38, had the bike for 3yrs. I always wanted a HD Road King, and one day I still might get one, but with 5 little ones keeping me busy there was no way to afford one at this time. Bought this bike as my first road bike and found that it is big enough to keep me happy for a long time. Only time I have wished it was bigger is when the wife wants to ride with me, the seat is a bit cramped for the two of us.  Huh

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #29 - 07/17/12 at 13:42:38

WD wrote on 07/15/12 at 18:53:45:
I see I'm not the only Eagle Scout on the board...

I got Eagle on November 14th 2002, troop 70 Elberta AL,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:17:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Where are all the Young Folks on Here?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.