Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Where are all the Young Folks on Here? (Read 687 times)
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Where are all the Young Folks on Here?
07/15/12 at 04:45:08

It seems most of the treads are started by the old guys on here why dont some of the younger guys and girls put up some threads, tell us about your lives, why you ride what do you do, ideas etc.  Smiley

Ok to answer some of the questions, i consider anyone under 40 as young folks under 30 kids, no offense all in fun. I have 2 kids.... Smiley

Dont be intimidated by the grumpy old farts on here!!!!  Your opinions and Votes matter never forget that!

« Last Edit: 07/15/12 at 12:54:12 by Drifter »  
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Re: Where are all the Young Folks on Here?
Reply #1 - 07/15/12 at 05:30:04

I"m trying to keep my head down, I'm not that young at 33, but seems like I still have a knack for troublemaking

IP Logged
MarcosS40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

N. Central PA.
Reply #2 - 07/15/12 at 05:53:32

Seems to me you can blame the bike we chose for that. You know young people now a days. Short attention spans and always seeking thrills! Our beloved LS650/S40 isn't flashy enough for the younger crowd. (There ARE a few exceptions)

Where we see the simple beauty of the bike and know we can keep it running with a few tools and a little sweat, most (not all) younger people don't want to take the time. Instant Gratification is the name of the game.

IMHO it takes an older, more experienced hand to to appreciate our choice in bikes.  Most of us older farts grew up around these types of bikes and we're just reliving our Youth.  I tell people I got me a 650 thumper and they look at me like I'm speaking martian! Grin

IP Logged
Millerman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Elmira, NY
Reply #3 - 07/15/12 at 06:54:03

I'm not that young either anymore at 27 but i picked up my thumper yesterday and couldnt be more excited. I love the thing  Cool

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #4 - 07/15/12 at 09:08:24

I guess that "Young" and "Old" are really not a matter of chronological age. It is all about attitude  A lot of the old geezers on this site ride their bikes like they stole them.  It is just that they have been riding that way for a lot of years.  (Read through some of the postings on the Dragon, and try to guess the age of the posters.)

This board is actually an amazing cross-section of riders.  I have looked at other boards, and none of them come even close.  You can find members of every political, religious (and non-religious), ethnic, gender, riding style, and national group.  The common bond is the Savage.  That alone is a comment about the bike, that it can appeal to such a range of people.

When I read the posts, some of them amuse me, many inform me, and quite a few infuriate or disgust me.  There are members whose post I always read, and those whose post I never read.  Pretty much real life.  That is what it means to live in a free society.  

This site has so much to offer.  Take what you want or need, and ignore what you don't.

Welcome aboard!

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #5 - 07/15/12 at 09:16:49

gerald.hughes wrote on 07/15/12 at 09:08:24:
I guess that "Young" and "Old" are really not a matter of chronological age. It is all about attitude  A lot of the old geezers on this site ride their bikes like they stole them.  It is just that they have been riding that way for a lot of years.  (Read through some of the postings on the Dragon, and try to guess the age of the posters.)

This board is actually an amazing cross-section of riders.  I have looked at other boards, and none of them come even close.  You can find members of every political, religious (and non-religious), ethnic, gender, riding style, and national group.  The common bond is the Savage.  That alone is a comment about the bike, that it can appeal to such a range of people.

When I read the posts, some of them amuse me, many inform me, and quite a few infuriate or disgust me.  There are members whose post I always read, and those whose post I never read.  Pretty much real life.  That is what it means to live in a free society.  

This site has so much to offer.  Take what you want or need, and ignore what you don't.

Welcome aboard!

Ya nailed it Gerald!!!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 07/15/12 at 09:33:11

I been on here for 6 years...  
I think my status might have changed...  Huh...
I'm evolved... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #7 - 07/15/12 at 11:18:58

Define young..........Im 27 so not young I guess, but when I bought my bike I was 19 and when I found this awesome place I was 22.

IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #8 - 07/15/12 at 11:57:13

I'm 23, found this place when I was 17 or 18 right after I bought my bike. I'd like to think that I would be considered at least mildly active on the forums. I stay out of a lot of topics but I contribute when I can.

I don't write many off-topic/cafe posts about my life because I doubt it would agree with many of you and my life is just not that interesting otherwise.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
martinfilms34

Teenagers ride
savages too!

Orlando, Florida
Reply #9 - 07/15/12 at 13:04:12

I Think it may be safe to say that I'm the youngest guy on here.
Just about to turn 18. I mostly try to contribute if i can, but I'm just learning too. Guess Im part of those very few exceptions. I would much rather own this bike, then most bikes out there.
Bought my 87 savage as my first bike and love it.

IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/15/12 at 13:19:58

GH, i agree 100%!

Lost..., never mind some of these clueless morons on here that have no life and have to comment on everything.  Old saying you learn more from listening.  You want to stir the pot go to the tall table. Warning thick skin and a brain is required to deal with some!!  See GHs post above.

Bot, evolved...you are only a couple of beers past a knuckle dragger.  Smiley
Me i havent finished that second one yet.....
That said you do come up with some interesting posts and cool bikes!

You younger guys what other bikes do you like, why are cell phones so important or networking or why did MS screw up XP with vista and 7, all this kind of stuff you grew up with we oldsters have to be dragged in kicking and screaming. Maybe not all but you get the idea. All of US can learn from each other.  One thing i have to add there is no substitue for experience this applys to both young and old.

IP Logged
Dutch82
YaBB Newbies

Michigan/Montana
Reply #11 - 07/15/12 at 14:34:12

I'm 30, but a newby to riding.  I just prefer to hang around and read as much as I can.  I don't want to be the guy who only posts questions that have been answered before, and is always asking for information and never giving it out.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #12 - 07/15/12 at 14:39:02

Well according to your description of young vs old I'm in the young category at 35,  I contribute where I can, but stay out of the tall table as I'm not really one to debate on politics and religion and such.  I'm not terribly new to riding just been on a break for a very long time before buying the Savage.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #13 - 07/15/12 at 15:03:21

I was the "baby" at the Dragon for the first 2 days, caught a ribbin' a breakfast over it until the second set of guys showed up.

Yes, this is an old person's list, by and large.   I think that some of the younger persons have remarkable energy and will tear stuff down and put it back together 3-4 times faster and more frequently than us old stuffers can or will.

Wink   'course we did it once a while ago and it ain't broke since then ....

Oldfeller

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #14 - 07/15/12 at 15:10:11

I guess just shy of 40 isn't really that old...

But having owned 100+ street bikes in 25 years has to count for something...maybe...

I don't post anywhere near as much as I did on the old (Bert's) forum. And wish a lot of the guys from there had swapped on to here. Although most of the regulars went on to larger machines (HDs, BMWs, Victorys)...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:25:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › Where are all the Young Folks on Here?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.