YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Who's that knocking?
Reply #45 - 08/18/12 at 11:18:56

Thanks OF:

I bought the Lucas....but did not use it or the straight weight oil.  I did find out about the Lucas not being good for wet clutches....and the straight weight oil can stated it had some additives to reduce friction....which made me think it might have friction modifiers in it.

I used Rotella T that I put about 5 oz. of Redline ZDDP additive in.  I will ride it for a bit as-is........it will keep me from using too much throttle until I get some miles on the engine.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #46 - 09/05/12 at 10:34:04

Dave,

Did your clutch ever straighten out or did you have to switch out the springs?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #47 - 09/05/12 at 18:09:19

OF...Thanks for checking up on me.

EBC made an error and have the wrong springs listed for the Savage, their kit is just tooooooo weak.  I put the stock springs back in and it works fine.

I sent EBC the stock spring measurements and they have sent me a more proper set of springs.....and I will install them next time I have the cover off.  But the stock one is working fine so I am in no hurry.  The good news is that they now have a chance to list the correct kit and this will save other Savage owners from getting the wrong springs.

I have put about 120 miles on my bike since it was put back together, and it is running great and it much nicer to ride without all that knocking and banging.  I would have put more miles on it....but this is a really busy time of year for me at work.  I am also spending a lot of time closing out the estate of a friend that died recently.  We had the estate sale last Friday and Saturday, and we are getting a larger dumpster to get rid of the leftovers.  Hope to get some riding in before winter sets in!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #48 - 09/05/12 at 20:45:13

If youd call the Thrifty Nickel & ask them who has a constant garage sale, or maybe call a second hand store, they mite buy ( & haul) everything. Or, if you gave it all to them, theyd haul everything away & sell what they could,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #49 - 09/06/12 at 05:32:10

The estate sale was a big success, and at one point on Friday I counted 68 cars parked in the yard and field.  Everything of value is gone, and the only stuff left is things like old clock radios, partial cans of paint, almost empth household cleaning supplies, scraps of lumber, and metal scraps.  The plan is to have a truck and tailer where we throw the aluminum, copper,brass in the truck, steel scrap in my trailer to haul for recycling.....and all waste in the dumpster.  We might also have a burn barrell for small wood scraps.....but for the sake of time it might just be better to throw them in the dumpster.  We have been working on this for 9 months.....and it is time to get it closed out and finished.  The house still has a mortgage, and every month another payment comes out of his estate.....so we need to get things cleaned up and the house sold ASAP.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #50 - 09/06/12 at 08:43:50

The house still has a mortgage, and every month another payment comes out of his estate.....so we need to get things cleaned up and the house sold ASAP.

Yea, no kidding,,
Sorry about the loss of your friend, IM sure his family appreciates all youve done.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 10:53:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Who's that knocking?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.