Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
When Will JOG's head explode? (Read 680 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: When Will JOG's head explode?
Reply #90 - 07/18/12 at 18:34:38

that's how that is happening, our jobs are being devalued and/or shipped over seas all to save the CEOs and shareholders and investors money to increase their profit taking from the MIDDLE CLASS.

What role do you think productivity gains have in this? 150 years ago, we had thousands of blacksmiths because there was a market created by horses. Today we have only a few, but we have a lot of mechanics....
Would you rather ride a horse everyday or a car?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #91 - 07/18/12 at 19:03:35

WebsterMark wrote on 07/18/12 at 18:34:38:
that's how that is happening, our jobs are being devalued and/or shipped over seas all to save the CEOs and shareholders and investors money to increase their profit taking from the MIDDLE CLASS.

What role do you think productivity gains have in this? 150 years ago, we had thousands of blacksmiths because there was a market created by horses. Today we have only a few, but we have a lot of mechanics....
Would you rather ride a horse everyday or a car?  

yes, that happens, and it may be amplifying some of this, and I'm not saying we need to go backwards in tech or anything like that. but that wasn't what I was addressing, CEOs and shareholders and investors now have so many financial tools to make money from a company without even touching production, merging, splitting stocks, sometimes doing an IPO, offering credit cards, etc, etc, etc. . . those are also things that are devaluing work and the middle class

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #92 - 07/18/12 at 19:18:35

This thread has gone way off topic... Angry...

When exactly, will JOG's head explode?...  Grin...

JOG's not allowed to guess,.. 'cause he could cheat... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #93 - 07/18/12 at 19:19:13

Yea Web, once again you proved my point. He did amazing things for the wonderful sit on their ass all day shareholders who contribute absolutely nothing to this country because they shouldnt have to pay taxes while he's screwing the loyal Costco employees who made it all possible out of their 401K. Keep talking brother, tell it like it is Amen.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #94 - 07/19/12 at 03:49:24

Midnight; ‘sit on their ass shareholders who contribute absolutely nothing’ is so far from reality it’s honestly not even funny.

Where do you suppose the money that companies use to expand and grow comes from? Where do you suppose most of the retirement funds people rely on comes from? People who retire comfortably don’t rely on social security. It’s from investments and 401k type accounts which invest in companies. Almost everyone is a ‘sit on their ass sharehoulder’. If you’re not, you’re missing out. I hope you didn’t sit there and ask yourself, “let’s see… should I invest for my retirement by myself thru IRA’s, 401k, or other retirement accounts or should I rely on social security? Hmmm…. I think I’ll pick social security”.

And he didn’t screw loyal Costco employees! What are you talking about?! There are 10,000 people today getting up to go to a job this morning because this guy created this company from nothing. Despite what idiot obama says, no one else created Costco, not government for sure. And 10,000 doesn’t count all the feeder jobs that supply product.

You need to open your eyes a little bit. This is what I don't understand about so many people on this board. It's like you think you deserve something without working for it. If there is a fundamental difference between those that have a liberal ideology and those that have a conservative ideology, maybe that's it.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #95 - 07/19/12 at 10:03:56

Web I worked my tushy off for 37 years and the evil bastards you're so in love with stole my retirement  from me. According to you they deserve it, then a page later you say dont trust them with your money LOL. Are they hero's or crooks, most of us on this forum know the answer to that question. darn right I have an attitude. Dont EVER acuse me of wanting something for nothing. All I want was what was promised to me that I worked hard for, nothing more. Being that you're most always right you should also know the stock market has done the best the last 50 years under Democratic Administration. Playing the stock market and voting Republican is against your own self interest, dont argue with me, argue with history. The Republican Party has used racism, lies and religion to get the common man to vote against his own self interest. And for the record I'm not crazy about Dems either. Obama continued with the bailout and drug the war out as long as he could, he's a great Republican president, the racist just arent gonna leave him alone. They could have taken that bailout money and paid everyones crooked mortgages off in this country and what would have happened to the economy? Any idiot knows the answer to that. Instead they give it to the greedy SOB's that claimed they lost it in the first place. I can look it up for you and prove it (I did on the old TT) but as soon as the filthy SOB"s got their hands on it they outsourced more jobs overseas and give themselves huge bonuses. darn right I have an attitude but its not from being lazy and wanting something for nothing, its from experience.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #96 - 07/19/12 at 10:49:20

WebsterMark wrote on 07/19/12 at 03:49:24:
This is what I don't understand about so many people on this board. It's like you think you deserve something without working for it. If there is a fundamental difference between those that have a liberal ideology and those that have a conservative ideology, maybe that's it.

yeah, that's not it, try again, SS, medicare, etc. . . are all paid for via taxes, OUR taxes, money we WORKED for, and now you're saying its wrong for us to want a return on that money, a return that was promised us??  You'd rather give that money to the upper classes instead via tax cuts for them and have the middle class pay for it, yet you complain about wealth "redistribution" . . .  something fishy there man.  

I agree though, this "fair share" argument is BS. when you look at it, we aren't asking the rich to pay their  "fair share"  we are asking them to help pay for a system (a highly flawed system that needs to get it's priorities in order desperately, no doubt) without passing those costs down to the rest of us. I'm not going to pretend like that's fair. but I"m not going to pretend like it's fair that they get to live off of capital gains either, or that they get to be paid in stocks so they can get taxed less, it's not fair that the government treats that income differently than other kinds of income, they do it to encourage investment, I understand that, but dont' try to play me to think that that investment = job creation, sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. what it definitely does is funnel money directly through investment bank firms, making them "too large to fail" who can hijack our economy with a bad decision.

the "fair share" thing comes out of our frustration of all the tax breaks the "so called rich" are ENTITLED to, try taking that away and you'll get nothing but complaining from them about how they "deserve something without working for it"  

it used to be you could work hard and increase your lifestyle via your own hard work, not anymore, now they pay china and india and mexico, etc to work hard and in America you increase your lifestyle via the monetary system and it's games, 401k's, stock market, investing in gold/silver, etc. . . literally, the value of hard work has fled this nation and gone overseas, now if you're lucky and creative, you still have a chance, but it's a crap shoot there too.  American businesses focus too much on keeping costs low instead of increasing revenue or starting new revenue streams, because by simply reducing costs they see an immediate stock market bump up, but if they take a chance to increase revenue, everyone is a skeptic and stocks may suffer for that.

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #97 - 07/19/12 at 13:42:23

Serowbot wrote on 07/18/12 at 19:18:35:

ummmmmmm

...........soon?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #98 - 07/19/12 at 21:29:50

Its gonna be a while, but when it goes, its gonna go BIG,, cuz Ive wrapped it up tight, with that special tape, with the tin foil, so, I get the reinforcement of tape AND Ive got me one fine lookin tin foil hat,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #99 - 07/20/12 at 11:47:52

Dont go outside during a storm.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #100 - 07/20/12 at 11:54:24

I actually started off defending JOG, before you know it I was defending myself. George Orwell said it the best “In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #101 - 12/03/16 at 00:29:18

LostArtist wrote on 07/12/12 at 13:39:44:
just wondering if we should have a pool or something for this.  

He's not wrong in what he says, he might be a little "conspiracy" happy though.  

if simple human nature didn't explain away most of his "conspiracy" ideas

but humans are social beings so yeah, they are "conspiring" to make more money and get themselves more power.  not sure how yelling about it and getting all worked up is going to help much though.

head hasn't exploded yet just a small scar

still beating the same dead horse tho Roll Eyes

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #102 - 12/03/16 at 16:55:28

WOW.

Awesome   Information and  Posts.

Such  fodder, to, 'continue' the thread. !
(Was not a member when it started)

BUT,   I want  Nominate  the  Quote of   JOG:
"  ... Do Not Eat Again, You'll just get hungry again, so whats the use?  ..."

For inclusion in the new,
"Classic Quotes"  section

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #103 - 12/03/16 at 17:10:26

That's hilarious!!!  Grin

I have not seen this thread before!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 19:21:30

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › When Will JOG's head explode?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.