Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
When Will JOG's head explode? (Read 680 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: When Will JOG's head explode?
Reply #75 - 07/17/12 at 18:15:10

um, what income? how do you know he has any income other than his capital gains? at some time he might have had a job that paid him income that was taxed at whatever tax rate that was, but he probably has no more income coming in that way, or if he does it's minute compared to his capital gains income (that's how CEO's can take a salary of just $1 a year to show boat) but I'd bet it's all capital gains now
Probably true, he likely doesn’t take income. Why? How about because of taxes? He could pay himself a salary. If he took his earned income from investments and accounted for those as company revenue he could pay himself a salary equal to that amount and pay 35% on it, but he doesn’t. Wonder why?..... Here; check this out from a typical European loving liberal. That is until they find out reality…  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/will-smith-men-in-black-3-french-tax-ra...

so, how do you explain the billions of dollars the corporations are sitting on now, and if I gave myself a tax cut right now, you're darn right I'm going to put it in the bank and save it, NOT invest it, NOT spend it, now I understand that allows the bank to invest with it, but that's going into a investment system that creates little in the way of jobs, well in a very very round about way it might create some jobs, but it's not very efficient at it (probably more efficient at it than the government though)

Ask corporations. They’ll tell you they are scared the unknown. They don’t like or trust Obama. They are afraid if they invest in growth, taxes will go up on regulations will chock them. The company I saw today needs to invest couple hundred thousand dollars on equipment. Will they do it? One factor is tax policy. They'd be happier under Romney than Hopey. You might not like it, but it's a fact. That's how business people are. Now, before you throw a hissy, remember, you can’t call evil, rich business men greedy, selfish and only looking out for themselves on one hand while complaining they don’t loosen up funds because they don’t like Hopey-change on the other hand. By definition, evil, greedy, selfish business men shouldn’t care who’s in office, they only care about their bottom line, right? So doesn’t the fact they are skittish about investments give you the answer to your question?

so, these plants, do they provide a service for just rich people or are their some poor people paying your compensation too?

I can with 99% certainly, guarantee you’ve eaten food out of one of these plants. Everyone contributes to my compensation. What’s your point?

I'm not saying that CEO's aren't worth more or that their job is easy, but they would be NOTHING without everyone working below them, and too many times they neglect those people

I was a personal manger for a year or so. I used to ask a couple question designed simply to get people to talk. Give a person enough rope, and they’ll hang themselves. It’s amazing when you are interviewing someone, if you just don’t talk, people will just start talking and tell you what you really want to know about them. One of my favorite questions was one I heard Microsoft always asked, not sure if it’s true or not. Why are manhole covers round and not square? Great question to ask.
Anyway, the one question I always asked which told me a lot about the person goes something like this: consider your typically manufacturing company. It’s composed of Executive management, sales, accounting, production, quality control, shipping & receiving for example. Now; of those departments, is there one more important than the other?
What’s your answer?

your attitude is why I can't buy any of your BS, your high and mighty attitude is aggravating as hell,

I don’t mean to come off as high and mighty, I’m just right on most topics.

Edit: okay, the jack ass thing is over the line, sorry Web No worries, doesn’t bother me. I get called worst on my good days.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #76 - 07/17/12 at 18:17:35

"Presumably, Costco has a 401K retirement plan and yes, that 2000% increase does matter to them."  See if its there when they get old enough to draw it.  The greedy SOB's cant stand the thoughts of that much money laying around untouched. It will be gone just like mine was.
no, i pulled mine out and reinvested it. I didn't trust the last CEO of the company I had it in so I moved it. Also, just wait, and it will be Democrats that try to push thru the idea of a one time tax on 401k funds. I, and many others, will march on DC with hardware if they try that. That ain't gonna happen....

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #77 - 07/17/12 at 18:18:32

Edit: "Okay, the jack ass thing is over the line, sorry Web."

...snort

That's a pretty mild assertion considering that Webster is the king of hate and nasty name calling here...just say'n.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #78 - 07/17/12 at 18:45:04

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #79 - 07/17/12 at 18:46:24

I guess JOG's head explodes now.  Smiley

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #80 - 07/17/12 at 18:48:23

Thar she blows!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #81 - 07/17/12 at 19:20:14

Grin Grin Grin

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #82 - 07/17/12 at 20:30:02

Lasted longer than I thought you would... Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #83 - 07/17/12 at 20:36:37

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/17/12 at 18:48:23:
Thar she blows!

good one!!   Grin

I knew you could take a lil ribbing, good natured and all, JOG is a really impressive man here, now let's help him spread the word a bit, just try to keep our collective heads on our shoulders  

Cool

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #84 - 07/17/12 at 21:18:02

WD wrote on 07/17/12 at 20:30:02:
Lasted longer than I thought you would... Grin

Took me that long to even think of hunting up a pic of a head exploding,,
& with so much to pick from,, I went for color that wasnt gross..

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #85 - 07/18/12 at 14:52:03

WebsterMark wrote on 07/17/12 at 18:15:10:
I'm not saying that CEO's aren't worth more or that their job is easy, but they would be NOTHING without everyone working below them, and too many times they neglect those people

I was a personal manger for a year or so. I used to ask a couple question designed simply to get people to talk. Give a person enough rope, and they’ll hang themselves. It’s amazing when you are interviewing someone, if you just don’t talk, people will just start talking and tell you what you really want to know about them. One of my favorite questions was one I heard Microsoft always asked, not sure if it’s true or not. Why are manhole covers round and not square? Great question to ask.
Anyway, the one question I always asked which told me a lot about the person goes something like this: consider your typically manufacturing company. It’s composed of Executive management, sales, accounting, production, quality control, shipping & receiving for example. Now; of those departments, is there one more important than the other?
What’s your answer?

your attitude is why I can't buy any of your BS, your high and mighty attitude is aggravating as hell,

I don’t mean to come off as high and mighty, I’m just right on most topics.

Edit: okay, the jack ass thing is over the line, sorry Web No worries, doesn’t bother me. I get called worst on my good days.

I'd say the sales people are probably the most important, and in a way, CEOs are the chief salesperson for the company.  but again, I'm not arguing that there's not a hierarchy to jobs and work, I'm arguing that the spaces between the roles in the hierarchy should be smaller. and instead, those spaces keep getting wider and wider. if a company is successful it should reward it's employees, but more and more, that doesn't happen, and employees are discarded for a .5 increase on the stock market regardless of how hard they work in any aspect of the hierarchy.  companies should be responsible for and to their employees, instead the shareholder has replaced the employee in that aspect now.  I know it doesn't really matter how hard I work or how successful the company I work for is, the only way I see any serious raises is when I prove that my pay is substantially under the market value for the work I do (aka, go out an get another job and give my current company a chance to match the wage offered by that company) so personal responsibility for my work means almost nothing

oh, and one reason manhole covers are round because then they cant' fall through the same hole they came out of, there's no short side to angle and let it drop through

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #86 - 07/18/12 at 17:33:23

those spaces keep getting wider and wider. if a company is successful it should reward it's employees, but more and more, that doesn't happen, and employees are discarded for a .5 increase

I'm not sure, are things that much different today than years ago?

Yes, sales staff is number one, everyone else is number two. Within sales, hunters are number one, lovers are number two. (sharks or farmers etc.. several different metaphors apply)

yes, that's what I read. Manholes are round because they don't fall into the hole. I read somewhere that it's not important if the applicant gets it right, it's important to listen to them talk the problem out. I think it would be fun to come up with another question, that people have not heard before, that reveals how people think thru problems they've not faced before.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #87 - 07/18/12 at 17:53:28

WebsterMark wrote on 07/17/12 at 18:17:35:
"Presumably, Costco has a 401K retirement plan and yes, that 2000% increase does matter to them."  See if its there when they get old enough to draw it.  The greedy SOB's cant stand the thoughts of that much money laying around untouched. It will be gone just like mine was.
no, i pulled mine out and reinvested it. I didn't trust the last CEO of the company I had it in so I moved it. Also, just wait, and it will be Democrats that try to push thru the idea of a one time tax on 401k funds. I, and many others, will march on DC with hardware if they try that. That ain't gonna happen....
You just proved my whole point, thanks Web. One minute you're telling us the CEO's are worth billions, the next minute you saing you dont trust them. once again thanks Web, maybe you are right most of the time, let people talk enough and you'll find out what you really wanna know  Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #88 - 07/18/12 at 17:58:59

WebsterMark wrote on 07/18/12 at 17:33:23:
those spaces keep getting wider and wider. if a company is successful it should reward it's employees, but more and more, that doesn't happen, and employees are discarded for a .5 increase

I'm not sure, are things that much different today than years ago?

Yes, sales staff is number one, everyone else is number two. Within sales, hunters are number one, lovers are number two. (sharks or farmers etc.. several different metaphors apply)

yes, that's what I read. Manholes are round because they don't fall into the hole. I read somewhere that it's not important if the applicant gets it right, it's important to listen to them talk the problem out. I think it would be fun to come up with another question, that people have not heard before, that reveals how people think thru problems they've not faced before.

yes, things are that much different today than years ago, the middle class has continue to shrink over the last 30 YEARS! it hasn't just been happening in the last 4 years, or even the last 12 years.   that's how that is happening, our jobs are being devalued and/or shipped over seas all to save the CEOs and shareholders and investors money to increase their profit taking from the MIDDLE CLASS.  and this is all with the blessings of our government who has been lobbied heavily to allow and even encourage these things to happen and offer tax breaks and all kinds of incentives for this kinda stuff.  This is what is driving JOG nuts, the government is just a puppet of our corporate overlords.  He's narrowed it down to a few distinct groups to focus on, but I don't think it's just them, I fear it is at the core of how our system works.  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #89 - 07/18/12 at 18:31:04

You just proved my whole point, thanks Web. One minute you're telling us the CEO's are worth billions, the next minute you saing you dont trust them. once again thanks Web, maybe you are right most of the time, let people talk enough and you'll find out what you really wanna know

There's no conflict with what I said. I knew this guy, he could do amazing things, but I didn't trust him with my money. The moral of the store is, as always, buyer beware. Wasn't it Martin Luther who said something like he'd rather have a smart Turk than a stupid Christian as a ruler?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 21:22:52

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › When Will JOG's head explode?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.