Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
When Will JOG's head explode? (Read 680 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: When Will JOG's head explode?
Reply #60 - 07/16/12 at 17:45:38

It seems to me that after world war 2 that the rich were paying up to 90% taxes,We have been at war a lot longer than we were in world war 2.So the rich should pay 90% till we pay off our debt to make our country great again.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #61 - 07/16/12 at 18:06:37

Thats just it Web, its your way or the highway. If you can explain to me why its fair for Buffets secreatary to have to pay a higher percentage of taxes than one of the richest men in the world, I'll listen but you cant

okay, here you go. I'll take you at your word that you'll listen....

When Buffet says he’s taxed at 15% and she at 35%, he’s saying this because doesn’t take a salary, he collects his income off capital gains. When he sells stocks, he makes income this way and the tax rate is 15%. This is because the income used to invest was already taxed as income, at 35 – 50%.
When his secretary pays 35% tax, she’s paying income tax. If Buffet’s investments dropped to zero and he had no investments to cash in and he needed money, he could pay himself a salary from his company, which would be taxed at 35% or perhaps more depending on how much he paid himself.

So the idea that Buffet pays less tax than his secretary is absolute BS and you fell for it like many others.

By the way, if his secretary really is paying 35%, her income is between 200 – $500,000 annually.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #62 - 07/16/12 at 19:09:33

less in percentage, not less in actual amount, which I know, people like you who only like to deal in absolutes don't care about, but that's how you compare things like this

the false argument is that "cutting taxes is good for the economy" which is complete BS, now I agree that taxes shouldn't be raised right now, but we could look at tax "Loopholes" and the such and determine what we would like to get rid of and what kind of tax policy we'd like, and what we could cut in spending.  there is no magic solution to this, we can't depend on the rich to do anything that isn't self serving, that is afterall, the cornerstone of capitalism and free markets.

so, here's another fallacy that is often preached by ultra conservatives. companies and corporations dont' pay any taxes, because they just pass that along to their customers. while at the same time, the " I never got a job from a poor person" thing has been going around. So, if the premise of the non tax paying corporation is that their source of money for everything is only from their customers, that means that ALL of their money comes from their customers right? so that no percentage of a corporation's money is used to pay taxes, it's only passed through from the customer to the government via the corporation.  So that is also true then for the salaries and compensation for the corporation's employees.  their CUSTOMER is paying the employees' salary and compensation. so unless the corporation's customers are only rich people, which depending on what they sell,which if they sell like lamboghinis etc. . .  I guess could be, but how much of the economy is based on the success of LUXURY goods?  The Middle Class is supporting most of these corporations up and paying for their salaries.  

while I"m at it, why is a CEO worth 300%-500% of any other normal employee's pay?  are they worth more, yes, 300%-500% more, um, probably not.  yes they work super long hours and make incredible deals and answer to the shareholders and all of that, but that's not worth 500% more, that is a crazy assertion for me to wrap my head around

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 07/16/12 at 19:23:36

less in percentage, not less in actual amount, which I know, people like you who only like to deal in absolutes don't care about, but that's how you compare things like this
okay, that’s just plain nonsense. Of course Buffet pays more in total dollars. That’s never been an issue. Keep up or take notes.

the false argument is that "cutting taxes is good for the economy" which is complete BS, now I agree that taxes shouldn't be raised right now,
why not? If it’s complete BS, why not raise taxes right now??? If you think it’s BS, why would you not raise taxes now?
but we could look at tax "Loopholes" and the such and determine what we would like to get rid of and what kind of tax policy we'd like, and what we could cut in spending. there is no magic solution to this, we can't depend on the rich to do anything that isn't self serving, that is afterall, the cornerstone of capitalism and free markets.

We can’t depend upon you to do anything that isn’t self serving either. Did you send a check to the IRS today? Why not? I’m sure you’ve got an extra few bucks somewhere…

so, here's another fallacy that is often preached by ultra conservatives. companies and corporations dont' pay any taxes, because they just pass that along to their customers. while at the same time, the " I never got a job from a poor person" thing has been going around. So, if the premise of the non tax paying corporation is that their source of money for everything is only from their customers, that means that ALL of their money comes from their customers right? so that no percentage of a corporation's money is used to pay taxes, it's only passed through from the customer to the government via the corporation. So that is also true then for the salaries and compensation for the corporation's employees. their CUSTOMER is paying the employees' salary and compensation. so unless the corporation's customers are only rich people, which depending on what they sell,which if they sell like lamboghinis etc. . . I guess could be, but how much of the economy is based on the success of LUXURY goods? The Middle Class is supporting most of these corporations up and paying for their salaries.

Is that supposed to be some kind of insight no one ever had before?? That’s called economics.

while I"m at it, why is a CEO worth 300%-500% of any other normal employee's pay? are they worth more, yes, 300%-500% more, um, probably not. yes they work super long hours and make incredible deals and answer to the shareholders and all of that, but that's not worth 500% more, that is a crazy assertion for me to wrap my head around

They are worth more because they can do what very few people can. Yes, they're worth 500% more, actually it's thousands of times more. I just saw a show on Costco's CEO. He guided Costco to an increase in stock value by 2,000%. That equals hundreds of millions year after year.  Yea, he's worth 500% more than you.  

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #64 - 07/16/12 at 19:47:29

How much of that money did the loyal Costco employees who did all the work get? So he guided the ship, big deal. His loyal crew didnt get a darn dime of it but the stockholders who are nothing but a bunch of greedy vultures who sit on their sorry asses all day long and contribute nothing to this country because they have all the tax loopholes, got all the money. I'm thrilled.

« Last Edit: 07/16/12 at 21:29:43 by Midnightrider »  

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #65 - 07/16/12 at 20:23:46

"CEO's are worth more because they can do what very few people can. Yes, they're worth 500% more, actually it's thousands of times more. I just saw a show on Costco's CEO. He guided Costco to an increase in stock value by 2,000%. That equals hundreds of millions year after year.  Yea, he's worth 500% more than you." Webster

No being on earth is worth that when people are starving and homeless.

Item: CEOs' golden parachute exit packages now pass $100 million'.

Item: (Reuters) Bank of New York Mellon Corp (BK.N) has agreed to pay $33.8 million in severance and benefits to Robert Kelly, who stepped down as chief executive this week after disagreeing with the board over how to manage the company.
Kelly, 57, will receive a $2 million in severance pay, as well as a prorated bonus targeted at $4 million, which will be adjusted based on Bank of New York Mellon's performance for the full year.
He will also be able to cash in on restricted stock awards for past service totaling $11.2 million and a bested supplemental pension annuity valued at about $16.6 million.

Item: New York Times Gives CEO $4.5M Golden Parachute, Asks Union Workforce to Take 26% Pay Cut.

....disgusting. The greed, the callousness, it's beyond comprehension.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #66 - 07/16/12 at 20:32:11

I cant count the CEO's who made multiple millions of dollars & were paid multiple millions as they walked out of a company they SUNK while the were "guiding" it. The number of hard working people laid off? No way I could even guess,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #67 - 07/16/12 at 21:27:48

Happened to me and they took my retirement with them while the company was still making billions profit. Left with enough money to buy a 3rd world country. Right after that his house on Bald Head Island burnt to the ground, what a coincedence  Grin  He got the picture and got out of NC for good. He's raided several more companies since but he moved up north where he belongs. I puke everytime I hear the word shareholders and how we need to FOCUS more on our business. They've all got this little Ivy League speech they lay on us so we'll work our asses off, get paid less, do away with our benefits and Focus LOL.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #68 - 07/16/12 at 22:03:13

wow this is a mess, bare with me, or just ignore this, cause I mean, I am replying to Web here, like it's going to do any good

WebsterMark wrote on 07/16/12 at 19:23:36:
okay, that’s just plain nonsense. Of course Buffet pays more in total dollars. That’s never been an issue. Keep up or take notes.

you seem to think that him paying more in total dollars means that he is paying more than his "fair share"  just trying to clear that up, cause if we are trying to compare what is "fair" or not then we need to use percentages and not flat amounts

Quote:
the false argument is that "cutting taxes is good for the economy" which is complete BS, now I agree that taxes shouldn't be raised right now,

why not? If it’s complete BS, why not raise taxes right now??? If you think it’s BS, why would you not raise taxes now?

this is making my brain hurt. stability in the tax code would be beneficial right now, raising taxes would have an increased chance of hurting the minor recovery we are having, if our recovery were better, than I wouldn't be as opposed to raising taxes, I don't believe there is much evidence that cutting taxes increases economic growth, we've tried it several times now, and we don't have much to show for it now.  

Quote:
but we could look at tax "Loopholes" and the such and determine what we would like to get rid of and what kind of tax policy we'd like, and what we could cut in spending. there is no magic solution to this, we can't depend on the rich to do anything that isn't self serving, that is afterall, the cornerstone of capitalism and free markets.

We can’t depend upon you to do anything that isn’t self serving either. Did you send a check to the IRS today? Why not? I’m sure you’ve got an extra few bucks somewhere…

what the hell is this about?  really?  I"m not saying there is anything wrong with doing self serving things, just that that's how capitalism works. not that it's any of your business, but I am helping out a friend of mine right now, because I don't want them to be homeless, so yeah, it's self serving because I like to feel needed and I'm blessed right now to be able to help this friend right now for a little bit to get them over this time of need, maybe they'll pay me back, maybe they won't.  but all of that is still in my self serving interest, even though financially it's not the wisest move I've made.  

Quote:
so, here's another fallacy that is often preached by ultra conservatives. companies and corporations dont' pay any taxes, because they just pass that along to their customers. while at the same time, the " I never got a job from a poor person" thing has been going around. So, if the premise of the non tax paying corporation is that their source of money for everything is only from their customers, that means that ALL of their money comes from their customers right? so that no percentage of a corporation's money is used to pay taxes, it's only passed through from the customer to the government via the corporation. So that is also true then for the salaries and compensation for the corporation's employees. their CUSTOMER is paying the employees' salary and compensation. so unless the corporation's customers are only rich people, which depending on what they sell,which if they sell like lamboghinis etc. . . I guess could be, but how much of the economy is based on the success of LUXURY goods? The Middle Class is supporting most of these corporations up and paying for their salaries.

Is that supposed to be some kind of insight no one ever had before?? That’s called economics.

so you agree then, you work for customers, rich, poor or middle class, so you OWE THEM your job

Quote:
while I"m at it, why is a CEO worth 300%-500% of any other normal employee's pay? are they worth more, yes, 300%-500% more, um, probably not. yes they work super long hours and make incredible deals and answer to the shareholders and all of that, but that's not worth 500% more, that is a crazy assertion for me to wrap my head around

They are worth more because they can do what very few people can. Yes, they're worth 500% more, actually it's thousands of times more. I just saw a show on Costco's CEO. He guided Costco to an increase in stock value by 2,000%. That equals hundreds of millions year after year.  Yea, he's worth 500% more than you.  

sigh . . . and NO one else could've done that, that CEO is JUST THAT SPECIAL. . .  the people working under him, from the stock boys to the cashiers to the management, those people making the COSTCO "experience"  or at least getting that experience to be perceived as superior to their competitors, they aren't doing anything worth one cent of that 2000% increase huh???  all of their hard work is worthless but the CEO makes a phone call and wow, they are worth THOUSANDS of times more . . . .

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #69 - 07/16/12 at 22:23:22

Web hasnt a clue. Warren Buffet didnt pay anywhere close to 30% in taxes, he just said he should. Cant give an exact quote but I'll look it up if I have to, but it was in the teens. All that BS sitting there trying to figure out what Buffets secretary makes, look it up like I do and back it up with print like JOG does if you wanna say something. There's plenty of captains out there capable of sailing the ships but if they havent got a hard working crew aboard they'll never reach their destination. Keep on screwing over your hard working crew and before long you have a mutiny.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #70 - 07/17/12 at 03:16:55

How much of that money did the loyal Costco employees who did all the work get? So he guided the ship, big deal. His loyal crew didnt get a darn dime of it but the stockholders who are nothing but a bunch of greedy vultures who sit on their sorry asses all day long and contribute nothing to this country because they have all the tax loopholes, got all the money. I'm thrilled.

None of his employees are slaves and neither are you/were you. At any point you feel under paid, leave and go elsewhere, find your own ship to guide. Why didn’t you? Because you can’t. I can’t hit curve balls and fast balls like Pujlos either so I don’t get 250 million dollars.
Again, what is it with you guys and your jealously over someone else's money?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #71 - 07/17/12 at 03:20:14

Star: No being on earth is worth that when people are starving and homeless.

Who died and made you God? You’re living pretty darn well because of this system. Every place else that follows your ideas, the people are starving and homeless.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #72 - 07/17/12 at 03:48:52

you seem to think that him paying more in total dollars means that he is paying more than his "fair share" just trying to clear that up, cause if we are trying to compare what is "fair" or not then we need to use percentages and not flat amounts

Buffet was saying he pays around 15% and his secretary pays around 35%. As I explained to Midnight, he’s being more than a little deceptive because he’s paying tax on capital gains, not income. He already paid income tax once at 35-39%, he took that money, invested it and paid tax a second time in the form of capital gains. When Buffet and Hopey-change say it’s crazy Buffet pays less than his secretary, they are lying. He’s not paying the same tax. I went to a motorcross race this weekend and while my Savage and a 2012 KX450 are both motorcycles, they are absolutely nothing alike. That’s the difference we’re talking about. Buffet’s tax and his secretary’s tax are nothing alike.

this is making my brain hurt. stability in the tax code would be beneficial right now, raising taxes would have an increased chance of hurting the minor recovery we are having, if our recovery were better, than I wouldn't be as opposed to raising taxes, I don't believe there is much evidence that cutting taxes increases economic growth, we've tried it several times now, and we don't have much to show for it now.

If your brain hurts, it’s not my fault….   You said the idea that cutting taxes is good for the economy is BS. Then you said you wouldn’t be in favor of cutting taxes right now so I called BS on that….. Why not? It’s either bad or it’s not. Now you’re pulling some tax stability BS out of your rear. If you don’t think cutting taxes spurs spending and growth, then no wonder your brain hurts. Give yourself a tax cut; what are you gonna do with the extra money? Put in under the mattress? Of course more money in the systems spurs growth, how can it not? If more money in the system doesn’t spur growth, then what was the point of Hopeys billion dollar stimulus? And don’t say tax cuts to the rich are not the same because that’s just plain silly. Money is money, it gets spent or invested and spent by investors.

so you agree then, you work for customers, rich, poor or middle class, so you OWE THEM your job
Of course I for my customers. I’m going to 4 plants in PA this week. If I don’t do a better  job for my customers than my competitor does, my boss will find someone who will.  My job is to do right by my customers and make my boss money. Pretty simple formula. I learned a long time ago, I have no gurantee of a job tomorrow. None.

what the hell is this about? really? I"m not saying there is anything wrong with doing self serving things, just that that's how capitalism works. not that it's any of your business, but I am helping out a friend of mine right now, because I don't want them to be homeless, so yeah, it's self serving because I like to feel needed and I'm blessed right now to be able to help this friend right now for a little bit to get them over this time of need, maybe they'll pay me back, maybe they won't. but all of that is still in my self serving interest, even though financially it's not the wisest move I've made.

The amount of money spent in charitable organizations by the evil rich is staggering. The rich do the same as you, the difference is they are not sticking their hands in your wallet and stealing money like you want to do to them.

sigh . . . and NO one else could've done that, that CEO is JUST THAT SPECIAL. . . the people working under him, from the stock boys to the cashiers to the management, those people making the COSTCO "experience" or at least getting that experience to be perceived as superior to their competitors, they aren't doing anything worth one cent of that 2000% increase huh??? all of their hard work is worthless. . . .

Presumably, Costco has a 401K retirement plan and yes, that 2000% increase does matter to them. I have 401Ks put away from various companies I worked at and one in particular, turned out pretty darn good when the CEO we had took us in another direction that was very profitable. I could not have done what he did. Very, very few people could have. In fact, in this case, he might have been the only one in the world who could have pulled that off. Was he worth the millions he was paid? Yep, every f’ing penny.

but the CEO makes a phone call and wow, they are worth THOUSANDS of times more

and here is where your complete ignorance is on full display; you have no idea what goes into running a large company, do you? I’ve never met you and rarely exchange post with you, but you would have zero chance of succeeding in a CEO’s world. Zero. You seem to think CEO’s won the lottery or something; that you could take almost anyone and stick them in that corner office. Lost, if you really thing that, you are genuinely lost.
Grow up.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #73 - 07/17/12 at 06:08:14

Quote:
He already paid income tax once at 35-39%, he took that money, invested it and paid tax a second time in the form of capital gains.

um, what income?  how do you know he has any income other than his capital gains?  at some time he might have had a job that paid him income that was taxed at whatever tax rate that was, but he probably has no more income coming in that way, or if he does it's minute compared to his capital gains income (that's how CEO's can take a salary of just $1 a year to show boat) but I'd bet it's all capital gains now

Quote:
Money is money, it gets spent or invested and spent by investors.

so, how do you explain the billions of dollars the corporations are sitting on now, and if I gave myself a tax cut right now, you're darn right I'm going to put it in the bank and save it, NOT invest it, NOT spend it, now I understand that allows the bank to invest with it, but that's going into a investment system that creates little in the way of jobs, well in a very very round about way it might create some jobs, but it's not very efficient at it (probably more efficient at it than the government though)

Quote:
Of course I for my customers. I’m going to 4 plants in PA this week.

so, these plants, do they provide a service for just rich people or are their some poor people paying your compensation too?  

Quote:
The amount of money spent in charitable organizations by the evil rich is staggering. The rich do the same as you, the difference is they are not sticking their hands in your wallet and stealing money like you want to do to them.

????  you're making funny assumptions here

I'm not saying that CEO's aren't worth more or that their job is easy, but they would be NOTHING without everyone working below them, and too many times they neglect those people

your attitude is why I can't buy any of your BS, your high and mighty attitude is aggravating as hell, I'd rather be ignorant than a jack ass like you

Edit:  okay, the jack ass thing is over the line, sorry Web

« Last Edit: 07/17/12 at 14:08:36 by LostArtist »  
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #74 - 07/17/12 at 14:04:19

"Presumably, Costco has a 401K retirement plan and yes, that 2000% increase does matter to them."  See if its there when they get old enough to draw it.  The greedy SOB's cant stand the thoughts of that much money laying around untouched. It will be gone just like mine was.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 21:20:19

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › When Will JOG's head explode?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.