Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
When Will JOG's head explode? (Read 680 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: When Will JOG's head explode?
Reply #30 - 07/14/12 at 06:00:43

Midnight; i read your post and while there's a lot of stuff in there, this part stood out:
I got a letter from Virginia Fox last week on why the rich should not be taxed. I actually voted for her because she is a family friend and she promised to represent me. What made her change her mind? Why do I, a disabled American who worked hard and paid my fair share for 37 years have to pay taxes but the rich should not have to?

I googled around and could quickly find the letter she sent saying the 'rich' should not be taxed. Do you have that?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 07/14/12 at 06:23:41

In reading Midnight’s post, and it got me to thinking again that I have almost nothing in common with the majority of those that post on here.

I have a golfing buddy who owns his own business. His father started it and Greg began working there in high school, thru collage and stayed with it. His father died and he took it over. Puts in 60 – 70 hours a week sometimes. 5- 10 employees depending upon the season.  He’s got a big fat house in the burbs, couple SUV etc.. .you get the picture.

We were talking politics the other day and he’s furious at Hopey-change’s tax plan. As an LLC company, his revenue is well over 200,000 (maybe a million, I don’t know, didn’t ask) but his net profit is certainly not that much. He already pays literally over hundred thousand dollars in taxes a year on average.

Here’s the difference between us. I look at him and say good for Greg. Many of you on here look at him and are envious, it’s not fair etc... I see his tax bill and say, holy crap, no one should have to pay $100,000 in taxes, many of you look at him and say he ‘owes’ more, that he’s not paying his ‘fair share’.

I don’t understand most of you guys. It’s like you’re speaking Greek sometimes. Why are you so envious of someone else’s success?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 07/14/12 at 06:31:05

He is a small businessman, overburdened by the goobs. Large corporations design the system, its designed to crush the small businessman,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 07/14/12 at 07:34:21

Today!!!!   Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 07/14/12 at 07:51:39

He is a small businessman, overburdened by the goobs. Large corporations design the system, its designed to crush the small businessman,

That's not true JOG. A small business may turn into a large corporation if they've got a good enough product and are managed correctly. Those large corporations will then try to keep market share by beating their competition which now includes what they used to be, a small business. It's not a 'designed system' in the manner you make it sound. Apple was a garage company, but is now a multi-national corporation who will try to put out of business the next garage company. And they'll succeed until someone beats them.

This guy doesn't fear his competitors like he fears the government.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #35 - 07/14/12 at 10:57:54

Midnight, an Excellent post!

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #36 - 07/14/12 at 10:58:01

Quote:
I have a golfing buddy who owns his own business. His father started it and Greg began working there in high school, thru collage and stayed with it. His father died and he took it over. Puts in 60 – 70 hours a week sometimes. 5- 10 employees depending upon the season.  He’s got a big fat house in the burbs, couple SUV etc.. .you get the picture.

So sorry to hear that yer' buddy, the golfer with the big fat house and SUV's, might be inconvenienced by a few % tax to save lives...
Tell him if he's too tired from those 70hr work weeks at the company he was born into owning..... to lay off the golf...  
So Marie Antoinette...
You boys have a good cry together over how you'll have to stiff the caddy to afford martini's after the game...
I feel your pain... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #37 - 07/14/12 at 11:04:07

Grin Grin Grin I feel it too  Grin Grin Grin

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 07/14/12 at 11:33:27

You two idiots prove my point; I don't recognize the world you live in.

Who the hell are you to decide you have the right to reach even deeper into someone’s pocket? Half the country is nothing but crybaby moochers unable to fend for themselves anymore.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #39 - 07/14/12 at 11:41:57

If giving the rich tax breaks that help their businesses why are there so many poor people out of work.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #40 - 07/14/12 at 11:42:54

WebsterMark wrote on 07/14/12 at 06:00:43:
Midnight; i read your post and while there's a lot of stuff in there, this part stood out:
I got a letter from Virginia Fox last week on why the rich should not be taxed. I actually voted for her because she is a family friend and she promised to represent me. What made her change her mind? Why do I, a disabled American who worked hard and paid my fair share for 37 years have to pay taxes but the rich should not have to?

I googled around and could quickly find the letter she sent saying the 'rich' should not be taxed. Do you have that?

Web it was a email response she sent out on her reply to the Buffet Bill. I deleted it immediately but I'm sure her office would send you a copy. It contained the same old job creation BS that worked great 30 years ago but no longer works and never will again.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #41 - 07/14/12 at 12:22:05

WebsterMark wrote on 07/14/12 at 11:33:27:
You two idiots prove my point; I don't recognize the world you live in.

Well,.. there are no golf games with millionaires in my world...
... but there are good people like 360, being financially crippled by no fault of their own...
Stay in your own world.... it's better there...

... it just wouldn't hurt to open your eyes a little...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #42 - 07/14/12 at 12:39:35

Web none of this is personal attacks on you. I glad you and your friends have what you have. I'm mad at whats been taken away from me. I had a good retirement that was taken away from me. I'm now disabled because the greatest health care system in the world destroyed my health. Next time you're in Mooreville let me know. I'll ride down there and buy your lunch. Kurt Busch is building a new shop right behind where my son works. Mick and I are still great friends because we agreed to disagree on religion. Most of my friends disagree with me politically because back in the 90's I had it all, 5 European Motorcycles, new sports car, jet ski, jet boat, you get the picture. I was bringing in over a quarter of a million dollars a week for the company I worked for. If you're not familiar with Louis Gertsner (dont know if the spelling is correct) find out what he did at IBM to their retirement plan. My company hired him immediately after that to do the same to my retirement plan. There was so much money in my company's retirement plan it was paying all the bills off the interest, but alas the greedy SOB's had to get their filthy hands on that billion dollars. They decided they needed six mansions instead of three. You get the picture. That's what I'm mad about, I've about gotten over it and the longer I live the more I realise I'm still blessed and I try to enjoy what little health I have left, my friends and my family. I mainly post on this forum to warn others, I too at one time didnt believe it. Web the only way you'll piss me off is if you dont get in touch with me next time you're in Mooresville and let me buy your lunch, I love meeting people on the forum. I dont give a fat rats a$$ what their political views are, I concentrate on what we have in common and its great to put a face and real personality to the people I communicate with on this forum. Web my Dad is right where you're at politically and we get along great. I had to unload because because I got tired of people hammering Justin, the man is a true patriot, he's not crazy and I wish I had the time and the health to be as dedicated to his country as he is. Look forward to meeting you!

IP Logged
heroicseven

oops, I broke it.

San Diego
Reply #43 - 07/14/12 at 12:57:56

Seems to me the class warfare needs to come to an end. Taxing the moderately afluent makes it more difficult to maintain such a lifestyle,, but more importantly more dificult to attain. I would like the ability to own nice things in a nice place with a sense of security. Taxes imho need to go up on those making millions on less than laborious work primarily the financial sector where monies are made by guys in suits based on the quality work done by men with blue collars. A guy making 200k net or gross is not making jack nuts compared to the banks milking interest off his loans. And while it seems like 200k is a healthy income, the elite view it as making minimum wage 200k is what they spend on a new vehicle like a rolls royce, aston martin etc. so if taxes are due, they are due from the top down, a trickle down of sorts.

Aside from taxes. CUT SPENDING!!!! Wink

00' raptor - supertrapp - 52.5 - 155 - half spacer - versaved
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #44 - 07/14/12 at 14:07:17

Class warfare hasnt even got started yet. The military is spending billions developing microwaves that will mow us all down. Vote for whoever you want to and see if they cut spending? Its a great idea but Dream On. Its all a big game, its rigged and we're not gonna win.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 17:51:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › When Will JOG's head explode?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.