SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Blue Collar Bobber Kit
07/08/12 at 17:51:19

So after messing around with trying to fabricate brackets for the rear fender, I opted to just buy the BCB kit as a whole to get all their stuff. Since I had to buy the seat to get the rest of the stuff, I figured I would install the kit to see if I like it any better than my current setup.

The entire kit is designed and looks GREAT. The powdercoat is spot on and everything bolted together as it should, lined up perfectly. You can tell this is not something that is being mass produced, the quality is too darn good!

I ended up getting the seat mount 90% installed today. I need to reinstall the battery in my box, tuck all the wires again, and then add the cover to the seat. My initial thoughts, and what I think of all the BCB kits, is that the seat just looks funny and that it sits off the frame too much for my liking. The seat feels like it is back into the stock height from the bike, compared to mine being dropped by like an inch with my old solo seat.

When you go back a bit, it looks better. I like the springs on the back too, although I have not rode with the kit installed yet:

Up next is to get the replacement axle installed and then I can get the fender struts installed. Smiley

Anyone want any specific pictures of the kit that I can take while I'm doing the install or for anything that has questions? Please let me know.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Blue Collar Bobber Kit
Reply #1 - 07/09/12 at 02:38:36

Mmmmm! Love the looks of the BCB rear fender! Hey is that a 2-fiddy Ninja there in your garage? One of my other fave motorcycles! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #2 - 07/09/12 at 05:08:08

Nice!  Cool

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
mojohand40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/09/12 at 06:50:10

Looks great. I'm seriously considering getting the fender and seat kit.

I gots lot's-o-questions..

1) Did you get the small seat or the large? Looks like the small, just curios.

2) Is that the Blue Collar exhaust on your bike? Whats' your thought of it?

3) The right side license plate bracket they supply...In your opinion, would it hit the stock exhaust?

4) The rear turn sigs: Looks like the seat mount has a place to bolt some on, is this right?

I'd appreciate any updates on your build you care to post.

Thanks!!!

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #4 - 07/09/12 at 06:54:35

Perry - Sure it... Belongs to my wife. She dumped in 2~ years ago and hasn't been back on it since. I started her up this spring and took it for a 20~ mile ride around town. It was a low speed dump, involved an unfamiliar corner and gravel. She panicked and ended up dumping it.

I like the feel of the bike too... But the 250 is limited. I feel like I've got more passing power on the S40 than I do on that. So, I'll probably look to sell it at some point. I'd like to pick up something in the 500-650 range for a sportbike at some point.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #5 - 07/09/12 at 07:01:56

My answers are below in red...

Again - I can't tell you how much I love the build quality of this kit. I am REALLY impressed with it.

mojohand40 wrote on 07/09/12 at 06:50:10:
Looks great. I'm seriously considering getting the fender and seat kit.

I gots lot's-o-questions..

1) Did you get the small seat or the large? Looks like the small, just curios.
I went with the small seat based on their recommendation. They said the small looks better on the Savage.

2) Is that the Blue Collar exhaust on your bike? Whats' your thought of it?
It is not. I followed the direction of diamondjim when he was on the site. It's just a piece of exhaust pipe that I had the local garage bend up for me. There is a baffle installed right behind the bend and then the mounts are welded on to bolt it all up. I think I spent $40 for the pipe and for it to be installed and then spray painted it with some high temp black paint. It needs to be redone, but I've got some exhaust wrap to put on it here eventually instead. It IS similar to their kit though... It sounds GREAT, IMHO.

3) The right side license plate bracket they supply...In your opinion, would it hit the stock exhaust?
The license plate that they include gets mounted on the axle bolt and should clear the stock exhaust. I don't have my stock muffler laying around anymore or I could try it out. It looks like it will be close from the pictures on their site with everything mounted up, but I think it should be doable.

4) The rear turn sigs: Looks like the seat mount has a place to bolt some on, is this right?
The turn signal mounts are built into the seat mount. Depending on which route I go will depend on how I mount the lights. I've been wanting to go with the Harley Nightster type tail lights where the turn signals are red and double as turn and tail lights. Then do away with the other stuff.

I'd appreciate any updates on your build you care to post.

Thanks!!!

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #6 - 07/12/12 at 17:22:59

Got the fender mounted this evening. Taking the axle out was a little frightening, but everything lined back up fine and it rode fine on my test ride.

I may need to adjust the height of the fender a little bit yet, but it didn't rub at all on the ride.

I really like the seat after riding on it for a few miles around town. It feels more comfortable, but I'm not 100% sure if I want to keep it yet or not. I figure I'll do a good 150 mile ride on it before I decide on it.

Anyways, it's nice to finally have a rear fender again and it looks pretty sweet all finished off. I'm going to pull it to get it painted body color at some point, but am happy with it as is for now. Smiley

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #7 - 04/03/16 at 19:45:46

I like the belt pulley guard ...

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #8 - 04/04/16 at 09:34:30

"I like the belt pulley guard ... "

My thoughts exactly  Cool

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Violent_Rage

Burp!

Trento - Italy
Reply #9 - 04/04/16 at 23:50:28

HovisPresley wrote on 04/04/16 at 09:34:30:
"I like the belt pulley guard ... "

My thoughts exactly  Cool

Hey! You've stolen me the words!  Cool
(Freely adapted from an Italian figure of speech...)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 03:57:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Blue Collar Bobber Kit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.