Floorboards (Read 228 times)
relayer13
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Floorboards
07/05/12 at 05:18:55

Hello everyone

I'm new to the forum and a new owner of a 2011/12 S40. It's my first bike at age 46 and my wife and I absolutley love it, don't know why I waited so long.
My wife doesn't like the stock passenger footpegs and want floorboards. I'm looking for reccomendations on which ones to buy, possibly driver ones as well.
Also the stock seat gets uncomfortable after about 30 miles, does anyone have a Corbin and if so is it worth the price verus the stock seat.
Thanks and glad to be here.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Floorboards
Reply #1 - 07/05/12 at 05:48:02

I have a Corbin seat and it's defiantly worth it.  It's so much more comfortable then the stock seat.  Takes the more you ride it the better it gets. I've put about 400 miles on mine so far and it's still getting better every time I go for another ride.

As for the floor boards,  I can't give any advise.  I still use the stock pegs with just Routy's Forward control kit.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #2 - 07/05/12 at 07:38:15

+1 on the corbin. It was the best money I've spent on this bike. Mine had a couple thousand miles on it now and I can ride all day without any discomfort. No information about floorboards.

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 07/05/12 at 07:52:44

+2 on the Corbin. Sorry, no info on floor boards.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #4 - 07/05/12 at 08:44:58

Look to the universal floorboards for Harleys. There are some that have two positions of tilt that are cheap (relatively) and way more comfortable than the pegs. On the ones I got (forgot the brand name) you have to drill out the through bolt hole to use the Suzi-Q hardware. Not perfect but still a major step up from the "vibro-pegs" at highway speed.

Jack

IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #5 - 07/05/12 at 08:47:53

Oops. My bad. Should have included the link to BikePics so you can see the boards. Might help when you go looking for them.

http://www.bikepics.com/members/jazzcarter/00savage/

Jack

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #6 - 07/05/12 at 08:49:23

Just curious...for those of you running boards instead of pegs....any clearance problems with the controls? Also on the subject of controls,is anyone using heel/toe shifters either with pegs or boards?

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
kuri77

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rancho Santa Margarita, Ca
Reply #7 - 07/05/12 at 09:49:48

I'm using a homemade heel and toe shifter that is the best mod I've done to this bike.  I started a thread about it here  "Heel'n Toe Shifter" on
11/22/11 about page 50 in the thread index.  Have had zero problems with it.  The allthread is uncracked and holding fine after another 3000 miles of use and 7 months later.  Have similar set up on my KLR650 and never had a problem with it after nearly 20,000 miles and three years.  PM me for any extra info.

Big Sur
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #8 - 07/05/12 at 11:21:43

Thanks kuri !!! I'll check it out!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
relayer13
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/06/12 at 04:52:14

Thanks for the feedback on the seat, I ordered one. Not having much luck with the floorboards, they don't seem to be available for this model. Kuryakyn told me they don't make an adapter for this bike.

IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/06/12 at 07:50:03

I too purchased a Corbin seat and am very pleased with it.  Everyone is different, spending $300+ to replace an existing seat for some is a waste of money, for a 68 year old (me), you will do anything, within reason, to eliminate any potential "issues" with the stock ass-hatchet.

IP Logged
relayer13
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 07/08/12 at 06:44:14

Has anyone tried Highway Hawk Universal Rear Floorboards - Chrome w/ Rubber

IP Logged
relayer13
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com