Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Somebody stole my "boat anchor"... (Read 293 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Somebody stole my "boat anchor"...
07/04/12 at 19:38:15

At night, I usually cable lock my bike to this old, wooden, boat anchor, of a storage chest that I keep in my carport just to chain the bike to it...
Inside it, are just a few fluids and cleaners, and a bunch of old t-shirt rags...

The one time I didn't lock her up.... and they stole the chest... with my cable and lock still attached...
Go figure... Huh...

Apparently,... my bike has been preventing the chest full of rags from being stolen all this time...
I've got my eyes peeled for a couple of retards with bad backs and really dirty t-shirts...
Send out a bulletin...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Re: Somebody stole my "boat anchor"...
Reply #1 - 07/04/12 at 19:45:19

they were like......"finally, that guy unchained that motorcycle so we can steal those darn rags!"

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
High_Plains_Thumpr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/04/12 at 20:03:28

splash07 wrote on 07/04/12 at 19:45:19:
they were like......"finally, that guy unchained that motorcycle so we can steal those darn rags!"

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Back in 1983, I had a burnt out totally thrashed 1971 Honda CB100 motor. It was locked in the closet of the apartment carport. Thieves did me a favor by breaking in and stealing it. I had replaced it with a good 1970 SL125 motor on the old CB.   Cheesy

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #3 - 07/04/12 at 20:23:13

I do not believe it.  Hopefully when they discover that there was nothing of value it it, they will return it-NOT.  Oh Well!

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 07/04/12 at 20:36:49

I blame it all on "American Pickers".  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/05/12 at 04:22:04

At least they left the boat.  Shocked

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #6 - 07/05/12 at 05:56:25

Drifter wrote on 07/05/12 at 04:22:04:
At least they left the boat.  Shocked

Yep Drifter I was thinking the same thing......then my next thought was..what fool steals on old box but leaves a perfectly good scooter!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 07/05/12 at 06:46:41

My son had a bike stolen when he was 14. A little more than a year later it was returned. Huh
During that year he saved his money and bought a really nice bike, which was professionally stolen while chained to a wrought iron fence at a local shopping mall. People saw a guy cut the chain with bolt cutters, put it in the back of a pickup, and drive away. Nobody did anything.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 07/05/12 at 07:51:10

Which speaks volumes about the average American.. I would sure like to be able to sit & just talk with people like that. Id like to know just what they think about things.. Theres no tellin how stupid they really are,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #9 - 07/05/12 at 08:04:16

People hate confrontation and generally take the attitude of "oh well, its somebody else's job to do something or he probably owns that bike and lost the key (which has actually happened to me before)" Just look at the ole Sandusky case, guy saw him abusing children and did nothing about it. Sad really

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #10 - 07/05/12 at 08:07:36

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/05/12 at 07:51:10:
Which speaks volumes about the average American.. I would sure like to be able to sit & just talk with people like that. Id like to know just what they think about things.. Theres no tellin how stupid they really are,

There have been volumes written and hours of air-time dedicated to the subject of "the dumbing down of America" and I think we know less than we did before! I worked in the educational system for many years and could not take it anymore. The parameters the Federal Government handed down was so darn screwy it was criminal.

Add to that the Drug-induced zombieism and way too much "don't give a darn" and "you owe me" and it's no wonder we have the problems we do. It seems other countries may be suffering some of the same symptoms too.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
High_Plains_Thumpr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 07/05/12 at 17:19:33

arteacher wrote on 07/05/12 at 06:46:41:
People saw a guy cut the chain with bolt cutters, put it in the back of a pickup, and drive away. Nobody did anything.

Someone should have at least taken down the license number and called an LEO. To confront without adequate preparation and even if so, he could have had a piece and popped a cap.

It adds new meaning to what the good book states, “Don’t lay up treasures for yourselves on the earth, where moth and rust consume, and where thieves break through and steal" (Matthew 6:19, WEB)

I had a prized Yamaha YAS-61 professional model alto saxophone stolen 13 years ago. Thief broke into my pickup truck, took it, my GeneralMusic keyboard, digital camera, and a few other items. It happened in less than 10 minutes. (Stopped returning from rehearsal so a friend could ask the restaurant about a set of lost keys. I didn't know the value of this 1971 horn I kept in extremely good condition was $3K. My father bought it for me as a high school present.  Sad )

Since then, I've replaced it with a used Antigua Winds alto for $330 that looks and plays just as well as it. (There's a lot of unnecessary hype about professional instrument sound quality.)

Sorry to hear about the theft but unfortunately, it's a part of life.  Shocked

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 07/05/12 at 17:32:06

Someone should have at least taken down the license number and called an LEO...

Boooy no kiddin.. Amazing how the nanny Nazis watch people to make sure theyre following all the Orders, but a straight up crime goes down right in front of them & they go blind..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
High_Plains_Thumpr
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/05/12 at 22:10:40

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/05/12 at 17:32:06:
Amazing how the nanny Nazis watch people to make sure theyre following all the Orders, but a straight up crime goes down right in front of them & they go blind..

Like those who complain about one's loud pipes?  Shocked

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 07/05/12 at 22:13:24

Yea,, Like that..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:21:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Somebody stole my "boat anchor"...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.