Send Topic Print
4th of July (Read 94 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
4th of July
07/03/12 at 19:34:09

A long time ago some folks sailed here and stayed. They plowed and fought and traded and made laws and did the best imperfect people could do. We've come a long way. If you have benefitted from living in this free country, feel free to say so.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: 4th of July
Reply #1 - 07/03/12 at 20:47:23

And 200+ years later we are still an imperfect people,plowing,fighting and making laws that people 200 years from now will look back on and wonder "what the Hell were those wierdos thinking". And I love it!!!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
High_Plains_Thumpr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/03/12 at 21:32:20

ZAR wrote on 07/03/12 at 20:47:23:
And 200+ years later we are still an imperfect people,plowing,fighting and making laws that people 200 years from now will look back on and wonder "what the Hell were those wierdos thinking". And I love it!!!

Often we quickly recognize the first stanza of America the Beautiful. Little do we recognize the subsequent verse,

O beautiful for pilgrim feet
Whose stern impassioned stress
A thoroughfare of freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America!
God mend thine every flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

As a nation we are not perfect, but compared with many other nations, we enjoy more freedom of expression and have been graced with heroic people. These are people who have stood for right in the way of opposition, done what few others would in sacrifice.

There are those who would tear at our very fabric for the flawed people in our society, who are a minority. The focus needs to remain on that which gives honor, grace, the best expressions of humanity, what our society has to offer.

Let's honor talent, hard work, true servanthood and quiet valor done through selfless and pure motives. It is these things that make a country great.  Smiley

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 07/03/12 at 21:51:45

reminds me of...

WWW   IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/03/12 at 22:59:54

God Bless us all...

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 07/04/12 at 12:33:08

This day isn't about the celebration of America, even though that's what most people seem to think it's about. It's about our liberation from a corrupt over-bearing government. There is a big difference.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 07/05/12 at 00:01:03

It's about our liberation from a corrupt over-bearing government.

Maybe next year,,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/05/12 at 04:20:00

Add me to the positive list, glad to see others on here that like our country!!   Some have so many issues they cant see anything positive about anything even our country.  236 and counting....... Smiley

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #8 - 07/05/12 at 06:01:37

Drifter wrote on 07/05/12 at 04:20:00:
Add me to the positive list, glad to see others on here that like our country!!   Some have so many issues they cant see anything positive about anything even our country.  236 and counting....... Smiley

I see a lot of positive about the USA.... just nothing positive about the leadership! When changes come,and they will, it will be from the bottom up.......again!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 23:30:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › 4th of July

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.