Send Topic Print
hydration packs (Read 116 times)
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
hydration packs
07/03/12 at 14:54:00

Tried to search this question but came up dry (sorry, couldn't resist).

Has anyone had success using a hydration pack with the hose run up inside their FF helmet?  Or maybe with the hose positioned such that you can open the face shield and bring in in over the chin bar? For us ATGATT types, especially those who wear glasses, getting a sip of water can be a five-minute PITA.  Which means I rarely drink enough water, an unwise state of affairs in the state of Arizona.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: hydration packs
Reply #1 - 07/03/12 at 15:14:10

One of these?... Huh...

PSSST... How 'bout you just get a piece of aquarium hose, rig it in yer' helmet, and let it dangle about 6"...
Then stick it in the bevvy of your choice...
Seems like those back-pack thingies would be hot, and get skanky inside pretty quick... (can't wash'em very good)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
High_Plains_Thumpr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/03/12 at 15:38:52

Arizuno wrote on 07/03/12 at 14:54:00:
Tried to search this question but came up dry (sorry, couldn't resist).

Has anyone had success using a hydration pack with the hose run up inside their FF helmet?  Or maybe with the hose positioned such that you can open the face shield and bring in in over the chin bar? For us ATGATT types, especially those who wear glasses, getting a sip of water can be a five-minute PITA.  Which means I rarely drink enough water, an unwise state of affairs in the state of Arizona.

The other day I was riding in 106F temps in Fort Sumner, NM, similar to you. I have a flip up modular helmet, which makes drinking during a stop easier. Also, am thinking about getting an evaporative cooling vest. (Soak in water, wear over a polo shirt under a mesh jacket, gives about 2 hours of cooling.)

I need to stop after an hour to an hour and a half of riding, anyway. Then my butt's good for another hour and a half. I don't feel comfortable eating or drinking while riding. YMMV.  Smiley

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #3 - 07/03/12 at 16:57:52

Go to Ace and buy a foot of 1/4 clear plastic hose.  Attach it to your water bottle with a rubber band.  When you stop for a  drink, put one end of the tube in the bottle, the other end in your mouth through the faceplate opening.  Cheap, simple, and it works.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 07/03/12 at 17:51:43

Make sure to get food grade hose.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #5 - 07/03/12 at 18:21:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/03/12 at 17:51:43:
Make sure to get food grade hose.

...or an old piece of fuel line might work.     Cool

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 07/03/12 at 22:38:52

Yea! That was gonna be my second choice,, & an old gas can for the water & youre in bizniss!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/03/12 at 22:55:48

Serowbot had the solution in his "seen it all?" pic.

IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #8 - 07/04/12 at 12:46:07

Thanks, Mr. Hughes; I shall implement your idea forthwith. I kinda like Mr. Serobot's suggestion, too, but I think he misunderstood about "full face".

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #9 - 07/04/12 at 13:00:21

High Plains Thumpr - Great idea. It's no where near as hot where I are as where you are, but I'm definately going to look into that; when the temps exceed 90 degrees or so I'm inclined to stay home. No fun in that. Any particular type/brand you like?

And thanks to all who responded!

IP Logged
High_Plains_Thumpr
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/04/12 at 19:58:58

Arizuno wrote on 07/04/12 at 13:00:21:
High Plains Thumpr - Great idea. It's no where near as hot where I are as where you are, but I'm definately going to look into that; when the temps exceed 90 degrees or so I'm inclined to stay home. No fun in that. Any particular type/brand you like?

And thanks to all who responded!

I haven't purchased one yet; waiting for a sale. (Best time to buy summer gear is start of Fall, cold weather gear at end of Spring.)

It used to be Joe Rocket Sahara Vest was the only one. Now there are several manufacturers offering. There were a few on LeatherUp.com.

YMMV.  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 23:33:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › hydration packs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.