Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Eventful day of riding yesterday..... (Read 117 times)
martinfilms34

Teenagers ride
savages too!

Orlando, Florida
Eventful day of riding yesterday.....
07/02/12 at 11:01:25

Had a very good ride yesterday, rode about 100 miles with a friend of mine out to Titusville around the Space Center. Had some good food, and went through some pretty scenic roads! Longest ride I've ever been on, didn't feel to uncomfortable either.
      Only bad part was when I was on my way some idiot, pulled out right in front of me coming out of a shopping center. Just wasn't paying attention. Luckily I was paying attention, had to slam the brakes as I almost went up te curb, skid a good amount of time too. Some yelling and hand gestures later and I was good to go.

Anybody had any cool rides during the weekend?

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Eventful day of riding yesterday.....
Reply #1 - 07/02/12 at 11:06:44

I spent 2 weeks riding a Yamaha 550 around Titusville back in '86 then rode it home to Jackson MS ( 750 miles). Love that TItusville area.

I rode to the local Hooters, for a beer and burger. Then took the country rodes home (round trip ~ 50). I guess everyone was inside staying out of the heat... I pretty much had the rode to myself.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 07/02/12 at 11:07:27

B3e careful about that skiddin stuff,, if he ea sarts coming aound & you let off the bake, the most common result is a high side get off..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
TestPro

Show up, shut up,
catch up!

Florida
Reply #3 - 07/02/12 at 18:06:57

Took a ride around Lake Okeechobee Sunday to break in some new rubber front and rear. About a 185 mile ride. Some nice scenery and met a few others just cruising around on a hot summer day. Stopped a few places along the way just to cool off a bit, some sweet tea and off ya go.

Cheers,

TestPro
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 07/02/12 at 18:10:05

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

I like that,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #5 - 07/02/12 at 18:21:37

I spent last thursday and friday riding around in the smokey mountains with 6 other savages. I think we did 160 on thursday and 180 on friday. All good twisty roads. Temps were a little high even in the upper elevations. Last tuesday I spent the day on skyline drive in virginia. I did 140 miles that day. Add to that the 2227 miles I put on the truck with the bike in the back and you have a perfect week of vacation.

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
High_Plains_Thumpr
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/03/12 at 15:30:06

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/02/12 at 11:07:27:
B3e careful about that skiddin stuff,, if he ea sarts coming aound & you let off the bake, the most common result is a high side get off..

Friday was riding the twisties on Hwy 17 north of Chama, NM. Keep eyes open and don't drift toward the centerline in corners. Someone in a pickup cut the corner short on a hairpin turn and crossed into my lane.  Shocked

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #7 - 07/03/12 at 19:51:06

hey al,

i like that army paint job!

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #8 - 07/03/12 at 20:50:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/02/12 at 18:10:05:

I like that,,

+1 ........pretty darn savy!!!!!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 07/03/12 at 22:37:34

High_Plains_Thumpr wrote on 07/03/12 at 15:30:06:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/02/12 at 11:07:27:

Friday was riding the twisties on Hwy 17 north of Chama, NM. Keep eyes open and don't drift toward the centerline in corners. Someone in a pickup cut the corner short on a hairpin turn and crossed into my lane.  Shocked

Sounds like as good of a reason Ive heard for stompin on the brake,

My Grampa had a farm outside of Portales. I spent a few summers up there,,Lot O goober peas & broom corn & cotton out there.

IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/03/12 at 22:58:52

Going to ride the ferry to Connecticut next Sunday to ride NW CT. It is beautiful up there along the Housatonic river and the Litchfield hills area. Maybe even a li'l Kayaking if my cousin is around and can a lend a few to the Bruisers. Does leather and water work???

IP Logged
High_Plains_Thumpr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 07/04/12 at 20:37:28

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/03/12 at 22:37:34:
High_Plains_Thumpr wrote on 07/03/12 at 15:30:06:

Sounds like as good of a reason Ive heard for stompin on the brake,

In this case, the cage crossed into my lane as we passed each other. Hard braking in a turn is a good way to low side.

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/03/12 at 22:37:34:
My Grampa had a farm outside of Portales. I spent a few summers up there,,Lot O goober peas & broom corn & cotton out there.

Did you enjoy your stay with Gramps? Did you help him on his farm? I earned money working on poultry farms in high school. It was a good way to learn work habits and attitudes.   Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 07/05/12 at 23:20:30

I had a good time, about the only help I did was starting a few tubes in the irrigation ditch. My hands were small, I had to use a sponge,
I did stand on the axle & lean on, hang onto, the fender while he ran a plow. Id get under it w/ a hammer & knock the dirt off after every few passes.,The wind would blow so hard I could hear the sand bounce off his ears,, & he kept both hands on the wheel, & cussed a blue streak. I knew words at age 10 that I could spew out so fast I could out cuss about anyone,,Thats a hard habit to beat,,
Pawpaw died when I was 12,, so that was the end of that

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:29:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Eventful day of riding yesterday.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.