Do you carry? (Read 1405 times)
bojangals43
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Martinsville, Indiana
Do you carry?
06/29/12 at 11:21:40

Hopefully this question is appropriate (for those at work and in the forum in general).  I was curious as to whether or not any of you "carry" while riding?  Obviously, I mean a handgun or something similar.  I have a permit to carry but have been leary to while riding  yet - what are your thoughts?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Do you carry?
Reply #1 - 06/29/12 at 11:45:54

I ride within a couple miles of the border,.. and I don't carry...

I'm not interested in having a gunfight...  My protection is under my bed, in case I'm caught off guard...
When I'm awake and about,.. I'll avoid trouble, rather than look for it...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 06/29/12 at 11:53:31

Your lack of interest in a gunfight means there wont be one, even if you encounter someone who wants one, about the same as keeping your hands in your pockets when someone else wants a fistfight, There wont be a fistfight, youll just get yer face beat in,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #3 - 06/29/12 at 11:57:16

Sometimes when I ride. Since I don't wear a lot of protective gear in the summer, it is usually just a mouse gun for when I am backed into a corner.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 06/29/12 at 12:12:59

Really?...
I go some pretty rough places,... never had a problem...
If someone is willing to kill me for my $1500 bike, or the$45 I got in my wallet,.. then, they need it more than me...
I'm not taking a life for it...

If it's just some loon shootin' random,.. he's got the drop on you anyway...

Odds are higher, you'll be shot with your own gun...
Except of course, those that carry are sure they're not that guy... 'Cause they are experts, and tough, and smart... and ... ooops!...
I've shot a few 100k rounds and can fill a pie plate all day at 25yrds, fast hand-held... 22, 38, 357...
I have no delusions... in day to day life,.. the criminal has the drop on me...
I'd rather be no threat,.. and let him be on his way...
I've put a lot of thought in this... and I'm going with the odds...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #5 - 06/29/12 at 13:13:31

I dont carry, here in SC you can carry in/on your vehicle without a CWP, but I choose not to for the same reasons as Serow. That being said, that does not mean I would not carry. I have always wanted a rifle scabbard for my bike and a set of saddlebags with built in pistol holsters on the outside. If I ever run into a mad max style road gang just reach back and start raining down the peace.

As for the rifle scabbard, that is to put my umbrella in. An umbrella with a rifle stock as the handle.  Wink

IP Logged
bojangals43
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Martinsville, Indiana
Reply #6 - 06/29/12 at 13:17:50

That's some sound advise Serow, But I will say don't give everyone else too much credit.  There are some crazy people out there who don't "need" your bike or money and are just crazy.  I'm pretty sure I saw something in the news about a Florida man who chew the face off of a homeless man and had nothing but Marijuana in his system.  I feel I have a duty to make sure my family has a provider... but then again I still haven't started carrying while riding and only occassionaly other times.  Maybe I'm conflicted  Undecided

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #7 - 06/29/12 at 13:21:23

Serowbot, even if I carried every firearm I own, I wouldn't risk my life for my empty wallet or cheap scooter. I carry to protect my life. If I am at a restaurant and some psycho comes in with a gun, I won't be drawing a bead on him. When he comes over to shoot me or my friends/family, then I will try my best to shoot him first. It isn't about being a tough guy, just a guy who is the only one responsible for his own life. And yes, if it someone shooting random, you are pretty much S.O.L. And I believe the only ones that get shot with their own guns are the ones who don't truly respect it.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 06/29/12 at 13:22:37

Considering the nature of riding being such a potentially dangerous event, it would seem that Not Riding would be the order of the day. I didnt ride until my girl was old enough to make it w/o dad.,for the very reason you stated.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #9 - 06/29/12 at 13:22:43

No carry for me, as I could not take it into the office. Certainly not leaving it on the bike! Other than that, not much reason to carry ( I dont go many places).  My wife, 14yo son, 20 yo daughter all have been trained by a licenced trainer. They each have thier own pistol ( and hunting rifle) If they want thier CCW, I will pay for it. No one has taken me up on it.

I don't think we are either fearless nor afraid. The option is there, but need is not.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #10 - 06/29/12 at 13:26:41

I used to carry all the time, but not so much anymore.  No real need to in the areas I tend to be in.  I myself am for the right to defend yourself by all means, but I also tend to avoid confrontation if I can all possibly can.

Right now I can't carry anyways  Angry darn crooked cops around here came into my house and attacked me then one of them turned around and filed charges against me for assaulting him when I didn't do nuts.  So now it's up to the courts to decide my future on my rights to own firearms and carry again  Angry

Word of advice,  before you call someone a pregnant dog,  make sure they don't have a friend that's a crooked cop.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 06/29/12 at 13:37:04

Rule 1 never bring a fist to a knife fight.
   Rule 2 never bring a knife to a gunfight.
   Rule 3 Be prepared!

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #12 - 06/29/12 at 14:57:12

bojangals43 wrote on 06/29/12 at 11:21:40:
Hopefully this question is appropriate (for those at work and in the forum in general).  I was curious as to whether or not any of you "carry" while riding?  Obviously, I mean a handgun or something similar.  I have a permit to carry but have been leary to while riding  yet - what are your thoughts?  

Why leary? Is it any different than carrying while driving a car or walking?

Mine goes in a pocket holster and in my front pocket when I carry.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #13 - 06/29/12 at 15:21:18

Carrying a gun is a good way to spend the rest of your life in jail.Thats if you don't get killed.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
cowboy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 06/29/12 at 15:23:22

I love guns as much as anyone. i don't carry very  often.  a gun can get you into trouble but can't get you out. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:24:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › Do you carry?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.