Do you carry? (Read 1405 times)
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Re: Do you carry?
Reply #30 - 06/30/12 at 07:01:08

I carry all of the time. I try my best to avoid bad situations but like knowing that I can defend myself if backed into a corner.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #31 - 06/30/12 at 10:05:48

Lots of the same old bogus remarks:
-- if you have a gun around, you are more likely to get shot with it than the bad guy
-- if everyone was packing, there would be unlimited murder and mayhem in the streets
-- a stick or a club or a knife or spray is more effective
-- etc.

Here are a few facts:
-- 99% of the folks who carry will never have to use the weapon for real
-- Most of the time a gun is used to defend one's self, it is not fired, and was very effective in diffusing the situation
-- Communities that allow unrestricted concealed carry for law-abiders have a lower crime rate.  "An armed society is a polite society."
-- Communites that make it hard for law-abiders to defend themselves have a higher crime rate.
-- Pepper spray is NOT more effective than a bullet.  Many of those who would assault you are on drugs, ... they don't even feel it.  
-- The percentage of people who get shot firing their own gun in self-defense situations is less than 1% of 1%.  That's a rate of less than one in ten thousand for all the times a gun was fired in self-defense.  How many times has that happened so far this year?  zero.
-- Less than 1/2 of 1% of the time a gun was drawn for a successful self-defense was the gun fired at the attacker.

Like JOG says, just because you aren't interested in having a gunfight, doesn't mean there won't be one.  If someone acts like he is about to shoot my Granddot, I will be very very concerned and glad I am carrying.  True, if I am in a Denny's and some bad guys come in to rob the place, I am not going to risk my life for the cash drawer, but if I or mine are threatened, it will be a different story.

I get a kick out of hearing of the many incidents you hear about in places like Oklahoma, Wyoming, Arizona,  Nebraska, etc., where a bad guy trying to hold up a bank (or a Denny's) turns around and sees seven customers with a bead on him.

If you aren't comfortable with carrying, don't.  Many of the folks that weren't comfortable, though, who buy concealed guns, buy them because they had an incident of some sort, and now defending themselves is more of an issue than being comfortable.

My recommendation for everyone is to get trained well, stay proficient, and carry.  An armed society is a polite society.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 06/30/12 at 10:08:17

In recent years, weve seen record gun sales, IF more guns = more shootings, then why is violent crims going down?

You wanna see shootings? Go to Chicago, where guns are illegal,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #33 - 06/30/12 at 12:20:20

In Arizona, an open carry state, deaths from firearms have exceeded deaths from automobile accidents.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #34 - 06/30/12 at 14:41:39

I had no idea Arizona had such good drivers..lets see them survive Dallas.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #35 - 06/30/12 at 18:33:30

gerald.hughes wrote on 06/30/12 at 12:20:20:
In Arizona, an open carry state, deaths from firearms have exceeded deaths from automobile accidents.  

What a bogus apples/oranges statement!!  

Alright then, here are some more stats:

There are ~ 30,000 deaths associated with guns each year compared to ~ 75,000 alcohol related deaths each year

Where does the firearms related accident rate show up in the top five categories of accidental deaths in the U.S.?  It doesn't.

This could go on forever.  The point is that if you are a law-abiding, properly trained carrier of a concealed weapon, you and your family are safer, and you are VERY unlikely to do yourself any harm with it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #36 - 06/30/12 at 19:20:06

I brought my lunch instead of riding my bicycle.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #37 - 06/30/12 at 19:25:01

I'm with you Gyrobob, if they outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.
In my opinion it's better to be trained with a firearm, own one and have the option to never use it then be in a situation where you need it and wind up S.O.L.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #38 - 06/30/12 at 21:36:40

I have to agree that in areas that have higher legal gun ownership and concealed-carry laws it really does seem there are less crimes commited.

I know if I were prone to comit a crime I'd do it in an area where there was less chance of a citizen shooting at me!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #39 - 07/01/12 at 05:13:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/30/12 at 19:20:06:
I brought my lunch instead of riding my bicycle.

Yes, but which culls more, a penguin or a commercial?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #40 - 07/01/12 at 05:15:00

ToesNose wrote on 06/30/12 at 19:25:01:
I'm with you Gyrobob, if they outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.
In my opinion it's better to be trained with a firearm, own one and have the option to never use it then be in a situation where you need it and wind up S.O.L.  

Zackly.  Can you imagine how you would feel for the rest of your life if your Daughter got hurt by a bad guy, and you could do nothing but watch?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #41 - 07/01/12 at 05:27:51

ZAR wrote on 06/30/12 at 21:36:40:
I have to agree that in areas that have higher legal gun ownership and concealed-carry laws it really does seem there are less crimes commited.

I know if I were prone to commit a crime I'd do it in an area where there was less chance of a citizen shooting at me!

"Seems" nothing!!!  It is a fact.  Check the FBI stats.  Every single time in the good old USA, when gun laws make ownership more restictive for law-abiders, the crime rate goes up.  The converse is also very true.  Many many examples of this happening.

Remember how lovely it was when Florida changed their laws?  When they became a "shall issue" state and they adopted the castle doctrine and the "Make my Day" laws?  
-- The libs decried the murderous mayhem that would break out once the citizens could have easy access to firearms and would probably not be prosecuted for defending themselves or their property with deadly force.
-- Well,,.... what happened to the rate of the break ins, the muggings, the shootings, the robberies/burglaries?  Within MONTHS it declined a lot and has stayed well below previous levels since.
-- The libs were wrong.  Again.
-- This same phenomenon always happens.  In our society, our culture, when the bad guys think there is a chance they'll come up against someone armed, they go somewhere else.  They'll go to someplace where it is hard to get a gun.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #42 - 07/01/12 at 06:29:55

I must live in the good part of the USA I don't know are heard of anybody that carry guns.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #43 - 07/01/12 at 06:33:28

I've been wondering...what's the best oil to use on my firearms?  Roll Eyes

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #44 - 07/01/12 at 06:36:33

Myself I use Butch's Gun oil.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:27:34

General CategoryThe Cafe › Do you carry?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.