Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Silly, vain question... I Know... (Read 309 times)
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Re: Silly, vain question... I Know...
Reply #15 - 06/29/12 at 10:31:54

I keep my hair nice and short. I also wear a bandana under my helmet so that the sweat doesn't soak into the helmet lining.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #16 - 06/29/12 at 18:19:25

Long hair, tied back, doo rag AND one of the leather ponytail sleeves.

Made the mistake of cutting my hair in December of 2011, taking forever to grow back. I'm used to having it at least mid-back length, beard comparable.

Will never have a buzz cut again, I'm not in the military anymore.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #17 - 06/29/12 at 18:30:28

I just carry a baseball cap with me,  when I get where I'm going I put that on.   I've always worn a hat, and that hasn't changed since I've started riding again.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #18 - 06/29/12 at 19:19:11

Blinky-FSO wrote on 06/29/12 at 08:27:09:
Enjoy your helmet hair while you can. Unfortunately, I use the term hair in the singular, not plural. Oh well.   Grin

Or to quote a bumper sticker I saw a few years ago........God only made a few perfect heads.....the rest he invented hair to cover up  Grin

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #19 - 06/30/12 at 08:36:03

Blinky-FSO wrote on 06/29/12 at 08:27:09:
Enjoy your helmet hair while you can. Unfortunately, I use the term hair in the singular, not plural. Oh well.   Grin

Ahhh...hahahahaha. Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #20 - 07/02/12 at 06:45:54

Mine kinda depends on my destination and length of time on the bike.  My hair is long and straight. Straighter than a board.  So to work, I do nothing to it. Take the helmet off, comb it, no problem. It tangles some but my ride to work is short enough.  Long rides and pleasure rides, I usually put on a do rag and/or put it in a pony tail.

I have a sticker on my helmet that says HAIRDO BY HELMET!  lol

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #21 - 07/03/12 at 10:28:46

Helmet hair?! The only helmet hair I get is when the cat curls up and naps in my brain bucket. I got more hair growing out of my ears than on my head. I'd kill for real helmet hair!  Sad

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
High_Plains_Thumpr
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 07/04/12 at 08:28:01

SuperSavage wrote on 06/28/12 at 21:35:09:
What do you do about Helmet Hair? For those of you who commute to work, did you buzz your head, wear a pony tail, just don't give a cr@p? Everyone else, how do you maintain your look (if you have one Grin) when you remove your helmet and reveal the wet duck doo?

I'm about ready to shave my head down, anyone got some good and sharp sheep shearing scissors? (say that 10 times fast...)  Huh  

Go for it! You can get a haircut clippers for under $20, teach your wife or GF to use it, then enjoy the thrift. (Use savings to buy MC parts.  Smiley )

We'll need a picture of the shearing when done.  Grin

(BTW, I got buzzed years ago ....  Wink )

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 07/04/12 at 09:17:05

Not all clippers are created equal. Wahls has been around forever.,The cheapie, narrow ones dont have the lever that slides the plate on the blades. I like that feature. I cut mine outside, just go opposite the direction the hair grows. Where it swirls on the back of your head takes some doing,,around the ears is hard & my sideburns grow pointing to the back, so I have to get it in front of my ear & go forward.,
Then, take the #2 shield off & get someone to tidy up across the back & down the neck,,
Now, its time to hit the shower..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #24 - 07/04/12 at 13:40:44

For the last 7-8 years I've used a FlowBee to cut my hair, & about 5 years ago I started cutting my wifes'. I keep mine at about 3/4" & hers is 2-3". I can give us both haircuts in about 15 minutes & it always looks good, not one of those gopher cuts like led me to buy this thing. The best part is no mess to clean up. She gets compliments all the time on her hair from her friends, & several have asked her who cuts hers. They're shocked to learn I do it for her but it's hard to screw it up with the FlowBee.

If ours was to break tomorrow it has more than paid for itself, & she would have me buy a new one right away. We can't imagine having to go back to having it cut the old way. Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #25 - 07/04/12 at 13:49:53

Those cutter/vacuum things are great.  I got a Remington clipper vacuum thing that is probably not as good as a flowbee but still catches most of the trimmings.  And no skill required.  Just yesterday my 5yo kid gave my head a 3/4" buzz and after a little touch-up with the 'taper' attachment it looks good.   Cheesy  About 90% as good as a Supercuts haircut, and cost almost nothing.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #26 - 07/04/12 at 15:08:10

I came home from a barber that I had used for years with what my wife & daughter laughingly called a 'gopher' cut. My hair was chopped up so bad we ordered the FlowBee that night. I figured there was no way it could look worse than what the barber charged $15 for. My hair has never looked that bad again. The real plus is not wasting time going to a barber & waiting 'til he can get to you. Cool

The guy who invented the FlowBee was a customer of my auto repair at the time. He soon made enough money he moved away & I haven't seen him in years. Shocked

The FlowBee is so easy I do my own. I use a litttle battery powered trimmer for the 'whitewalls' around my ears, & my wife does the back of my neck for me. The stronger your vacuum the better the FlowBee works, but you still need a trimmer because the way a FlowBee is made, it won't cut shorter than 1/4". I like it because with the spacers on & the trimmer turned off, the vacuum let's you see how long the hair is before cutting any off & decide how much you want to cut. You can see exactly what you're going to end up with.  Grin

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
High_Plains_Thumpr
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 07/05/12 at 16:53:02

WD wrote on 06/29/12 at 18:19:25:
Long hair, tied back, doo rag AND one of the leather ponytail sleeves.

Made the mistake of cutting my hair in December of 2011, taking forever to grow back. I'm used to having it at least mid-back length, beard comparable.

Will never have a buzz cut again, I'm not in the military anymore.

Congrats on your service to the motherland. Smiley I'm out too (retired), but I enjoy the low maintenance of a crew and have no desire to return to the hippy era.  Smiley (In college I had long hair and a scragly beard, sideburns, mustache; people said I looked like Fu Manchu)  Grin

IP Logged
High_Plains_Thumpr
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 07/05/12 at 16:57:06

RidgeRunner13 wrote on 07/04/12 at 15:08:10:
The FlowBee is so easy I do my own. I use a litttle battery powered trimmer for the 'whitewalls' around my ears, & my wife does the back of my neck for me. The stronger your vacuum the better the FlowBee works, but you still need a trimmer because the way a FlowBee is made, it won't cut shorter than 1/4". I like it because with the spacers on & the trimmer turned off, the vacuum let's you see how long the hair is before cutting any off & decide how much you want to cut. You can see exactly what you're going to end up with.  Grin

You got a point there, sounds like a cost effective way to do a quality job!  Cool

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #29 - 07/06/12 at 07:02:32

This is me in grade 12.
...and after 14 months of art college...

...talk about "tuning in...." Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 08:31:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Silly, vain question... I Know...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.