Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Monsoons are here--Yeah!!!!!!!!! (Read 53 times)
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
The Monsoons are here--Yeah!!!!!!!!!
06/27/12 at 07:11:38

The monsoon has finally arrived here in Tucson.  We should be getting afternoon rains for the next 6-8 weeks.  At least that is what I hope.  We need the water.  The entire Southwest needs the water.  There are serious fires burning all over the place.  Right now Colorado is in bad shape.  We have had three or four fires here in Southern Arizona, but so far, they have been small ones.  The only real hope of dealing with a lot of these fires is the rain.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: The Monsoons are here--Yeah!!!!!!!!!
Reply #1 - 06/27/12 at 07:23:31

Working in Louisiana we saw the rains start one day just before lunch. Every day for weeks it started just minutes later, about a 10 or 15 minute De Luge. It kept doing that till everyones boots rotted  & about the time we all had a set O rubber boots, it stopped,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #2 - 06/27/12 at 07:38:06

Ha!   Just like putting on your rain suit when riding.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #3 - 06/27/12 at 07:40:44

Who puts on a rain suit?  With the monsoon, it rains, you get wet, it stops, and then you dry out.  It is fun to ride in the rain-as long as you have a ff helmet.

IP Logged
elitemunkeycrew

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sierra Vista, Az
Reply #4 - 06/27/12 at 08:09:33

gerald.hughes wrote on 06/27/12 at 07:11:38:
The monsoon has finally arrived here in Tucson.  We should be getting afternoon rains for the next 6-8 weeks.  At least that is what I hope.  We need the water.  The entire Southwest needs the water.  There are serious fires burning all over the place.  Right now Colorado is in bad shape.  We have had three or four fires here in Southern Arizona, but so far, they have been small ones.  The only real hope of dealing with a lot of these fires is the rain.

Amen!! I can't believe it's been a year since the Monument Fire here in Sierra Vista. I was evacuated from my home for a week. I feel for those people in Colorado. I wish them well.
Do you know of any Red Cross donations for the Colorado fire?
I know when I was displaced for a week hotels and food became real expensive.

IP Logged
elitemunkeycrew

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sierra Vista, Az
Reply #5 - 06/27/12 at 08:12:52

gerald.hughes wrote on 06/27/12 at 07:40:44:
Who puts on a rain suit?  With the monsoon, it rains, you get wet, it stops, and then you dry out.  It is fun to ride in the rain-as long as you have a ff helmet.

I got caught riding in monsoon in a half helmet when I first moved to AZ. At 20MPH those rains drops felt like I was get shot in the face with a BB gun. I pulled over on the side of the highway and almost pooped my pants as all the lightning was striking all around me with no shelter.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #6 - 06/27/12 at 11:43:57

Well, we are surprisingly having a dry spell around here.  Seems like we can't go 3 days without at least a little precip, but we haven't had any for several days now, and the temps are approaching 100 for this week and next week.    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:36:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › The Monsoons are here--Yeah!!!!!!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.