Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Warning: ebay Suzuki Service Manual (Read 149 times)
BuckRYCA

New London, CT, USA
Warning: ebay Suzuki Service Manual
06/26/12 at 15:46:27

I ordered a 'Suzuki Service Manual' from eBay seller labanda22.

It was advertised as:

-The SAME Professional Service Repair Manual used by authorized dealers, mechanics, and auto repair shops.

-We only sell 100% Genuine Manuals with Comprehensive Information.

It arrived today. I expected to receive the Suzuki Service Manul on CD-ROM. What I got was a CD-ROM, but it was a likely illegal copy of Clymer's, not the 'genuine', 'professional' Suzuki Service Manual distributed by Suzuki Motors to their dealerships.

I asked for a refund.

'96 Savage - now a Ryca CS-1
WWW BuckRYCA BuckRYCA   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: Warning: ebay Suzuki Service Manual
Reply #1 - 06/26/12 at 15:55:14

Same thing happened to me when I purchased a Jeep manual. Well, different seller. I own a computer business. I purchase all my software and the correct business licenses. It really irritated me.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #2 - 06/26/12 at 17:45:38

BuckRYCA wrote on 06/26/12 at 15:46:27:
I ordered a 'Suzuki Service Manual' from eBay seller labanda22.

It was advertised as:

-The SAME Professional Service Repair Manual used by authorized dealers, mechanics, and auto repair shops.

-We only sell 100% Genuine Manuals with Comprehensive Information.

It arrived today. I expected to receive the Suzuki Service Manul on CD-ROM. What I got was a CD-ROM, but it was a likely illegal copy of Clymer's, not the 'genuine', 'professional' Suzuki Service Manual distributed by Suzuki Motors to their dealerships.

I asked for a refund.

You can DL a PDF of the real Zuk manual and a parts fiche too.   If you want hard copy just take it to a copy center on disk or flash.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
BuckRYCA

New London, CT, USA
Reply #3 - 06/27/12 at 05:40:47

I've got a copy of the copyrighted Clymer's which I purchased legally. No pirated downloads for me. I run a small business myself and understand the importance of protecting intellectual property.

I wanted a legal copy of the Suzuki Service Manual (referenced as SSM many places in this Forum).

At the minium, this eBay seller is a weasel (labanda22) and needs to be called out.

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 06/27/12 at 06:13:17

IDK what the cost difference is, but I sure like having a GEN U Ine book layin on the workbench,,& I got mine at the local Suzuki shop. I imagine an E book is a lot cheaper, but I cant handle the whole "Print this out & go to the shop",, I keep finding things I need to look at in other places.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
BuckRYCA

New London, CT, USA
Reply #5 - 06/27/12 at 06:15:04

I've seen real, paper Suzuki Service Manuals offered online at about $80. That's why this $10 opportunity for a CD version looked so good. But, of course, it was not what it seemed.

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 06/27/12 at 07:24:37

Wowzaas,, I think I gave about 25 for mine, in 05..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #7 - 06/27/12 at 07:32:38

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/27/12 at 07:24:37:
Wowzaas,, I think I gave about 25 for mine, in 05..

JOG, I think I gave a member here $25 for his used one a few years ago as well.  I knew they were expensive, and am not surprised at the $80.  They do not want us to fix them, take them back and let them charge us to do the work.  I still think I got a deal on mine.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 06/27/12 at 07:35:13

I'm sure the bay of fleas would respond to you if you put in a complaint.  If the seller clearly stated something and you got something else, that's fraud.  And because it was copyrighted, that's piracy.  Both of these situations the bay has to act on or they become liable.

also...
http://www.ehow.com/how_6712667_report-copyright-violations.html

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 06/27/12 at 08:32:28

I WAS just gonna toss mine in with the bike when I sold it,, now, I think Ill sell it, either to the new owner or someone here,,along with a few oil filters & O rings & crush washers for the oil plug,,& the old cam chain that has about 5,000 miles left in it, unless theres a Verslavy involved, then Itd go a good long while,

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #10 - 06/27/12 at 10:14:28

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/27/12 at 06:13:17:
IDK what the cost difference is, but I sure like having a GEN U Ine book layin on the workbench,,& I got mine at the local Suzuki shop. I imagine an E book is a lot cheaper, but I cant handle the whole "Print this out & go to the shop",, I keep finding things I need to look at in other places.,

Which is exactly why I printed and bound mine (~$15).   For a couple $ more you can even have mylar slip sheets with tabs, in essence, indexing and customizing your own version.    I am the first to admit that real paper copies are handy in the shop for wrenching, but eDocs also have advantages.   For instance, I can zoom images to see more detail.   I can also search for key words like "spacer", or "adjuster AND brake", etc., to dig out pertinent little nuggets of info that might otherwise be missed.   If you've been around computers for a while, then you already understand the significance of database searching.

BTW, I purchased and downloaded my copy from a Co incorporated in Delaware and Germany.   It is my own copy for my own use, and I am not giving it out, or profiting from it (i.e., I'm not printing and selling manuals on eBay, etc.).   In any case, don't want to start a "shop manual" war here.  I chose a method based on my own accessibility, economics, expediency, etc.  Each person should do the same based on their own individual merits.   Peace my Savage Bro's...

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #11 - 06/27/12 at 10:28:09

I got one of those. It stated that it was a CD. At that price you have to assume it's a copy.  Just my 2 cents.

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 12:23:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Warning: ebay Suzuki Service Manual

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.