arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Been Missing Me?
Reply #15 - 06/25/12 at 17:09:31

Ed L. wrote on 06/25/12 at 12:29:34:
Hey RFW2003, a buddy of mine just picked up a Ruger 10-22 with a 3-9x scope for $200.00 I got to fire it two weekends ago and really loved it, could hit anything it was pointed at. I've an old octogon pump action 22 made by Savage which gets some looks at the range. I don't shoot anything except target and standard velocity rounds in it. Still a lot of fun shooting the old iron.

My dad had one of those (a savage 22) and taught me to shoot with it when I was 8 or so (or tried anyway- thats how he found out I needed glasses) Grin
I remember I got my little pinkey stuck in the breech one time trying to breech load it.
He also had an American 45 service automatic that he traded for during the war. Once or twice a year we would fire it. Damm near broke my wrist the first time.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #16 - 06/25/12 at 22:30:28

Glad your back! I had a stroke about seven years ago and went blind in my right eye. Messed me up so bad I was scared to ride and sold my bikes. Slowly my vision started to come back and I can see 20/100 out of it now with the thickest lens they can put in glasses. I decided to get a Savage to putt putt around on and thats how I ended up here. I'm happy its working out for you.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
xratrace
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/02/12 at 12:05:23

I would like to order a set of your 4" forward controls, just need to know how much to send where. Thanks, Jim Yeakle

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #18 - 08/02/12 at 15:13:13

Hey, welcome back! Smiley
Glad to hear you're eye troubles turned out ok. I'm not sure I'd have been as calm if I woke up one morning not being able to see. Shocked

My Dad's been going through similar stuff lately, just had cataract surgery in his right eye a couple weeks ago, and needs a follow up to remove some unrelated scar tissue. He's hoping to get the left one done by the end of the year so he doesn't have to pay another deductible on his insurance. Grin  It's been driving him nuts for years, not being able to see good enough to shoot.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #19 - 08/02/12 at 20:16:45

Welcome back and nice to hear your back in the saddle..
My Mom has some vision problems and her driving is limited
now.
Hugs and great to hear from you.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
xratrace
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 08/06/12 at 13:36:42

Sorry to be a pain but I can't contact you any other way. Please email me(I can't reply to a pm) at  pines7@ frontier.com with where to send and check, cashiers check or Paypal whichever you prefer. Thanks, Jim Yeakle  (Smoke)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 17:33:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › Been Missing Me?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.